Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 09:36 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,070,039 times

Advertisements

Face it, liberals and Democrats! Barack Obama simply couldn't pull off that Hope N' Change thing!

You were duped! You were bamboozled! You marched right off the cliff behind him!

Hope N Change baby! Someone grab me a bumper sticker!

We know you liberals will say "But, but, but....what about George W. Bush!" I'll remind you that Barack Obama was hired on the premise of providing HOPE and CHANGING things to rid America of the Bush years.

Well, American's have said, repeatedly, for 6+ straight years that the country is on the wrong track under Barack Obama.

For the clueless, that means the HOPE and CHANGE thing ain't working out!

It would be funny if we weren't talking about the future of the United States of America.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Direction of Country

Right Direction or Wrong Track - Rasmussen Reports™
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 09:40 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,063,888 times
I completely agree, hope is not a method for change, the foolish people that believed this nonsense were duped.

Just remember that is time around it is a Republican (Trump) that is selling the same snake oil.

Old 08-31-2015, 09:43 AM

865 posts, read 621,210 times
The 20+% that think the country is on the right track need to put the crack pipe down.

Old 08-31-2015, 09:43 AM

6,709 posts, read 6,426,429 times
Totally agree and I voted for the BS artist once. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. At least I wised up and voted for Romney in 2012. Now it's time to give a non career politician like Trump a shot at fixing this mess...

Old 08-31-2015, 09:55 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,063,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Totally agree and I voted for the BS artist once. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. At least I wised up and voted for Romney in 2012. Now it's time to give a non career politician like Trump a shot at fixing this mess...
I'm glad you learned a valuable lesson, never trust a career politician.

I can understand why young people were fooled by Obama, but I was baffled by how many people over 30 were fooled. One of the best things to come from Obama's presidency, is that it woke many people up to the fact that both the Dems, and the Republicans are equally bought, and paid for by the wealthy elite.

I agree that we may be better off giving the non career politician like Trump a chance. I will however warn people that Trump won't likely be a to deliver what he is promising.

Old 08-31-2015, 10:02 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,803,234 times
How many elected officials actually deliver on what they promise these days?

Old 08-31-2015, 10:03 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,903,978 times
Perhaps we live in an alternate universe. The universe that I live in had Obama take office in a bleakest economic environment in 80 years. After seven years that economy is completely turned around -- we aren't in boom times, but unemployment is down, GDP is up, stocks are up, etc. Moreover, interest rates are low, so it's easier to buy a house and inflation is low.

In addition, because of Obama's main achievement, the ACA, a record number of people have health insurance and the rates are lower than predicted.

I know the right-wing doesn't want to hear any of this because to them, the Obama years have been a time of policy disaster on every front. Yet the odd thing is that candidates on that GOP stage a few weeks ago, had almost nothing to say about any of the supposed disaster areas.

Trump has nothing much to offer besides bluster. His proposals are either vague or unworkable and there isn't much evidence that he knows the issues. But he talks tough, so the GOP base loves him.

Old 08-31-2015, 10:18 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,810,920 times
Bamboozled. I like that.

Old 08-31-2015, 10:24 AM

6,234 posts, read 8,402,478 times
Zzzzzzzzzzzz!

Old 08-31-2015, 10:26 AM

23,405 posts, read 17,081,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Face it, liberals and Democrats! Barack Obama simply couldn't pull off that Hope N' Change thing!

You were duped! You were bamboozled! You marched right off the cliff behind him!

Hope N Change baby! Someone grab me a bumper sticker!

We know you liberals will say "But, but, but....what about George W. Bush!" I'll remind you that Barack Obama was hired on the premise of providing HOPE and CHANGING things to rid America of the Bush years.

Well, American's have said, repeatedly, for 6+ straight years that the country is on the wrong track under Barack Obama.

For the clueless, that means the HOPE and CHANGE thing ain't working out!

It would be funny if we weren't talking about the future of the United States of America.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Direction of Country

Right Direction or Wrong Track - Rasmussen Reports™
Obama has not demoinstrated any leadership. Otherwise yes, he has taken the country in the wrong direction and unfortunately his decisions will have no lingering use in the future. Typically an administration leaves a little something upon which to build. Obama has left a foundation of lies on soft ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies