Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 04:04 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,899,401 times

Advertisements

I like this part that was edited out.
Quote:
They are our next door neighbors.We need to have a good relationship with them. They’re very, very important to us and they are our next door neighbor.
A then B
repeat B then repeat A
She runs in verbal circles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 04:31 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,262,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
Senator Jim DeMint R/SC, is apparently unfamiliar with the history of the US as regards the Constitution. In a recent fundraising letter he writes;

"I believe the only way to take back our freedom is to return to the constitutional principles our founding fathers promised in 1776."

1776? FTW, does this moron not realize that the US Constitution wasn't written until 1787 but it didn't contain "the constitutional principles our founding fathers promised." In fact we had an entirely different system of government in the meantime!

OTOH anyone who would donate money to this idiot may or not be aware of the difference. News that we're not still under the "Articles Of Confederation" may be news to them.

golfgod
To all "liberals"/progressives (Democrats), all Republicans are "morons" and "idots".

However, have you been paying attention to your Democrat Representatives and Senators? They apparently do not believe in the Constitution at all. They are in the process of destroying it completely, making it null and void. And look at what they have "found" written it that doccument over the last half century or so? They have found things that, to the average American (for and to whom the Document was written) just do not exist. And what is written and plain to most, they have twisted and re-interpreted in ways that make us wonder if they even understand the English language.

Finally, look at what (er..."who") is sitting in the White House today, pretending to be President? If he isn't an "idiot" and "moron", nobody is. Either that, or he is just plain evil, and is purposly destroying America (many claim he is doning it on purpose, and cite his own words: He will "return America's wealth to its rightful owners" — whatever that means).

You'd better check your Party before criticizing Jim DeMint. Particularly, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Chuch Schumer, Henry Waxman, Barbara Boxer, Diane Feinstein, Dick Durban; perhaps it would be easier to list the ones who are not "idiots".

I suspect taht you have misinterpreted what Jim DeMint meant, and have taken words out of context, which Democrats are experts at doing.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:45 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,262,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
It is outrageous our leaders are this ignorant. To be fair though there are not 57 states either.
The fundamental principles set out in the Declaration of Independence (1776) and later embodied in the Constitution, were that we are endowed by our Creator with certain unalienable rights, which are, life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness.

The Constition was written to establish and protect those rights in law.

I think that is what Jim DeMint meant. I don't think Jim DeMint is "ignorant" of our history, or of our Founding Documents.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:23 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,920,054 times
Quote:
Senator Jim DeMint R/SC, is apparently unfamiliar with the history of the US as regards the Constitution. In a recent fundraising letter he writes;

"I believe the only way to take back our freedom is to return to the constitutional principles our founding fathers promised in 1776."

1776? FTW, does this moron not realize that the US Constitution wasn't written until 1787 but it didn't contain "the constitutional principles our founding fathers promised." In fact we had an entirely different system of government in the meantime!

OTOH anyone who would donate money to this idiot may or not be aware of the difference. News that we're not still under the "Articles Of Confederation" may be news to them.

golfgod
I know how you feel. It is as bad as Obama thinking the Constitution was written 20 centuries ago. And caught on video no less.

Hot Air » Blog Archive » Obamateurism of the Day

Old 06-27-2009, 07:16 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,953,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Error aside, I'm curious as to what freedoms he's referring to? The freedom to enslave Africans? The freedom to put 10 year old children to work? The freedom to imprison mixed race couples? Which freedoms?
That's why the founding fathers had the foresight to allow amendments. Lincoln, who supposedly freed the slaves, was also an uber-racist far more than Jefferson.

What law required children to work? Just curious.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:24 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,830,617 times
Quote:

golfgod
Obama isnt either what was his comment about the constitution that was wrong. Something to do with how old it is The bad thing is you all tell us Obama taught on the constitution

Old 06-28-2009, 02:03 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,511,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
That's why the founding fathers had the foresight to allow amendments. Lincoln, who supposedly freed the slaves, was also an uber-racist far more than Jefferson.

What law required children to work? Just curious.
Read my post again. I mentioned nothing of requirements. Are you just making stuff up as you go?...again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies