U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 07:46 PM

1,691 posts, read 2,195,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Yes, I figured that. I just wanted him to say it so that I could respond by saying that I'm not in favor of prison rape or murder. It's a shame that some are. They help make this country a less civilized place.
Perhaps and I would be one of those people. I'll freely admit it. My father worked death row in IN for years so that definitely colored my perceptions. Still, I'd rather have that man raped on the inside than have him running around on the outside. If that makes me uncivilized so be it. But frankly, I don't find our prison system to be a shining example of our civilized side to begin with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 07:49 PM

8,640 posts, read 7,951,915 times
Quote:
No, I'm just more civilized and rational than most people. I can live with that.

The posts I'm reading serve as great reminders of why we have a representative government and a court system that presumes innocence until proven guilty. Mob rule is a nasty thing.

Yes it so much more civilized and rational in liberal land to give a slap on the wrist to brutal babie/child rapist. God forgive if we become more "civilized and rational" if that's the rule of thumb.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:54 PM

14,969 posts, read 14,174,547 times
I don't want this or any other sex offender to be raped or murdered in prison. That's why they put them in administrative segregation rather than the general population and I strongly support those policies. I also don't want them to be given the death penalty.

With that said, they should be imprisoned for quite a long time. They need to be PUNISHED - and that doesn't mean a slap on the wrist.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:54 PM

26,529 posts, read 24,949,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Yes it so much more civilized and rational in liberal land to give a slap on the wrist to brutal babie/child rapist.
Was he charged with rape? No. I don't think it's a good idea to casually call people rapists, especially when they're not even accused of the crime.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Was he charged with rape? No. I don't think it's a good idea to casually call people rapists, especially when they're not even accused of the crime.
According to what the officer was told online he had molested the child per the information we have thus far.

From that, since when is a child of five able to give consent? Therefore if consent is not given and could not ever be given it is rape regardless of what the charge is.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
According to what the officer was told online he had molested the child per the information we have thus far.

From that, since when is a child of five able to give consent? Therefore if consent is not given and could not ever be given it is rape regardless of what the charge is.
I understand that, but the state will have to prove that he molested the child. People say all kinds of things in chat rooms that aren't true, especially when they're having conversations of a sexual nature.

I know the evidence against him is significant. I just prefer to take a more rational approach to it than to start expressing a desire for him to get raped and murdered in prison.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
I understand that, but the state will have to prove that he molested the child. People say all kinds of things in chat rooms that aren't true, especially when they're having conversations of a sexual nature.

I know the evidence against him is significant. I just prefer to take a more rational approach to it than to start expressing a desire for him to get raped and murdered in prison.
I agree with you on the last part which is why I said in one of my previous posts, IF it is true. If it's not then he needs to be left alone.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:58 PM

8,240 posts, read 15,221,314 times
Quote:

Ok, let's wait until he has his trial. Once he's been proven guilty, then I would like for him to be treated in prison the same way he treated his son. Better?

Old 06-26-2009, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Ok, let's wait until he has his trial. Once he's been proven guilty, then I would like for him to be treated in prison the same way he treated his son. Better?
Not really. I don't understand why anyone thinks that prison rape and murder is okay. I guess a lot of people don't understand that even prisoners have rights in America. This country is very punitive, however - especially the Southern states - so I shouldn't be surprised by the barbaric attitudes on display here.

Old 06-27-2009, 01:19 AM

491 posts, read 853,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
No, I think godsaves was referring to my torture part of my post.
Yes, I was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies