Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2009, 02:13 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Yes, I know that. I'd rather see him released and working with an ankle bracelet than locked up for the rest of his life or executed.
Well, the Law sees it much differently. He will, if convicted, get an a jail term AND inasmuch as there may be extenuating circumstances (I have not read the charge), he may, if convicted, get extended time.

It is safe to say, this guy, if convicted, will not see freedom for some 12 to 15 years - minimum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 05:57 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
There is no adoptive mother. He is a single parent. And yes, he is a homosexual - Big Surprise huh? This is where it comes from. Pedophiles which prey on young boys too young to fight for themselves. They identify with their abuser and become homosexual. Pedophilia is sick.

Duke U. Official Caught in Alleged Child Sex Sting - ABC News

I wonder what the sexual orientation is of the people on here defending this homosexual pedophile or if anyone of the defenders have children, gay or not. It would be interesting to know.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:38 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
I read about this.
It's repulsive.
I don't know what else to say.
As a birthmother, it's horrifying to hear that some adoptive parents apparently adopt children only to use as sex toys.
However, there are plenty of parents who do the same even to their biological children, so I guess life is just luck of the draw.

I wish the agency had investigated this man more thoroughly before handing over a child to him.
I'm glad this was discovered while the child was still young; with intensive therapy, perhaps someday he'll be able to recover and have some sort of life.

Still. What a devastating story.
It is. No matter what type of punishment he gets, the child is still the most important thing in this case. We don't know about their relationship - he may not want his father executed. A lot of young kids who are molested by their birth parents still love them very much, which is the reason a lot of them don't tell. I'm wondering about the agency too, as I thought it was hard for single men to adopt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I wonder what the sexual orientation is of the people on here defending this homosexual pedophile or if anyone of the defenders have children, gay or not. It would be interesting to know.
Why not just ask them? Next time someone defends him say "are you gay" - although I don't see why that would be interesting to know.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:42 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
It's amazing how some people rely so heavily on their stereotypes in order to make sense of the world.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:26 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
It's amazing how some people rely so heavily on their stereotypes in order to make sense of the world.
Simply interested in the statistics here. Some of the comments defending child rape are clearly from gay males. I just wonder what percentage are gay males, heterosexuals male/female and lesbians that approve of a man raping little boys/girls. I have seen this defense for these child rapist on other threads.

City-data seems to have quite a few in favor or at least defending this.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:39 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
this is sad. AND THIS HAPPENS HERE ALOT!!!

have you not seen "to catch a predator"?

anyone who thinks any corner of the earth is safe from sexual predators needs to get their head out the sand.

this happens all the time. all kinds of people. even university employees.

the worst part is that this guy adopted a child. he totally scammed the system. he took advantage of a child that desperately needed a home.

this is awful.

I would never defend those guys on "To Catch a Predator" (because they are taking advantage of an innocent victim), but just looking biologically I think there's a huge difference between a man giving into his biological impulse to pursue a young female who is capable of reproduction (it was only in the 20th century that society began to look down upon adult-teen relationships / marriages) and a father selling a five year old.

Makes me shiver just writing it. Awful, awful, awful what he did.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:41 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,319,202 times
Quote:
Not really. I don't understand why anyone thinks that prison rape and murder is okay. I guess a lot of people don't understand that even prisoners have rights in America. This country is very punitive, however - especially the Southern states - so I shouldn't be surprised by the barbaric attitudes on display here.
I know of a good way to NOT be raped or murdered in prison: don't rape children.

Yes, I'm big on punishment. It's sort of the logical consequence for crime. My only problem is that punishment is not given uniformly and consistently. So, should we send criminals to Tahiti with a Whole Foods, Marriott and Barnes and Noble nearby?

Old 06-27-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
I think you're making big assumptions.

Molestation of a child does amount to statutory "rape" in a legal sense, but molestation can mean simply feeling a child's body parts for sexual pleasure. I don't equate that to torture, and the law doesn't either.
You are starting to give me the creeps. Touching a baby/child any part of a baby/child, with anything but parental love and concern is SICK. I don't care if there is 'invasion' or not, it's sick and wrong and should be punished to the fullest and most exreme extent.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:48 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,592,684 times
Quote:
I know of a good way to NOT be raped or murdered in prison: don't rape children.
Prisoners shouldn't be raped, regardless. And if they're executed, it should be done humanely.

Quote:
Yes, I'm big on punishment. It's sort of the logical consequence for crime. My only problem is that punishment is not given uniformly and consistently.
It's not a "logical consequence" in a civilized society.
A civilized society removes such monsters from its midst, either by locking them up forever or by humanely ending their lives.
A civilized society does not condone torture or monstrous treatment, no matter how monstrous one's crimes.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
Prisoners shouldn't be raped, regardless. And if they're executed, it should be done humanely.

It's not a "logical consequence" in a civilized society.
A civilized society removes such monsters from its midst, either by locking them up forever or by humanely ending their lives.
A civilized society does not condone torture or monstrous treatment, no matter how monstrous one's crimes.
Is 'locking them up forever' really humane?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies