Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 04:55 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Does anyone know if there is an adoptive mother to the child? Otherwise I don't know what will happen to the poor little boy - probably foster care.

Which brings me to question how is 20 years the appropriate punishment for this crime? My god, drug dealers get more time. Who knows if the prosecution will be able to get the little boy to testify against his father. Most likely this pos will plead to lesser charges and get lesser time.

I don't care if I burn in hell - I hope someone murders this deplorable human being while in prison.

I'm with you on that one. This child was obviously adopted for the sole purpose to rape him. Grrrr!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 04:59 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,015 times
this is sad. AND THIS HAPPENS HERE ALOT!!!

have you not seen "to catch a predator"?

anyone who thinks any corner of the earth is safe from sexual predators needs to get their head out the sand.

this happens all the time. all kinds of people. even university employees.

the worst part is that this guy adopted a child. he totally scammed the system. he took advantage of a child that desperately needed a home.

this is awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
You just ruined my day. That's one of the most horrific things I've ever read. I know stuff like that happens in war-ravaged impoverished countries, but Duke University?

I am horrified.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:00 PM

491 posts, read 925,670 times
Quote:
I don't care if I burn in hell - I hope someone murders this deplorable human being while in prison.
So you wish for another human to be killed by another human. Is that what you're saying?

Old 06-26-2009, 05:14 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Does anyone know if there is an adoptive mother to the child? Otherwise I don't know what will happen to the poor little boy - probably foster care.

Which brings me to question how is 20 years the appropriate punishment for this crime? My god, drug dealers get more time. Who knows if the prosecution will be able to get the little boy to testify against his father. Most likely this pos will plead to lesser charges and get lesser time.

He's not even been found guilty and you're already wishing for his murder. That's sick.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:26 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsavethequeens View Post
So you wish for another human to be killed by another human. Is that what you're saying?

ALL child molesters should be sentanced to death. They are the ultimate predator. If you don't like it-------------too bad!

Old 06-26-2009, 05:33 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,492,679 times
It makes me incredibly sad that someone could adopt an innocent child and then abuse them in this manner. I know that there are so many deserving families who would have loved and cherished that little boy.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Old 06-26-2009, 05:35 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
ALL child molesters should be sentanced to death. They are the ultimate predator. If you don't like it-------------too bad!
OK. So I presume you support the death penalty for murder as well; correct?

John molests 6 year old Suzie. He has the option of simply molesting her and receiving the death penalty or molesting and killing her and receiving the death penalty. Which will he do? If she's dead, she won't be able to report either the molestation or the murder.

Punishing child molesters by death puts children in MORE danger.

It was also ruled unconstitutional last year in Kennedy v. Louisiana.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/script...0&invol=07-343

Old 06-26-2009, 05:37 PM

491 posts, read 925,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
OK. So I presume you support the death penalty for murder as well; correct?

John molests 6 year old Suzie. He has the option of simply molesting her and receiving the death penalty or molesting and killing her and receiving the death penalty. Which will he do? If she's dead, she won't be able to report either the molestation or the murder.

It was also ruled unconstitutional last year in Kennedy v. Louisiana.

FindLaw | Cases and Codes
Yes, but the death penalty has proved not to be an effective deterrent in crime prevention.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:38 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Also, if the government murders the molester, it makes it impossible to learn anything more about the psychology of the molester, and to perhaps learn how to prevent others from committing the same crime.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:40 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsavethequeens View Post
Yes, but the death penalty has proved not to be an effective deterrent in crime prevention.
I'm aware and am against the death penalty even for murder. I was simply trying to refute any logic that it would be an appropriate punishment for child molestation and that, even if it's allowed for murder (which I would like to see changed), the absolute stupidest thing to do would be to expand it to sex crimes.

I never meant to imply that the greater punishment of death would serve as a deterrent for the greater act of murder, though I can see why you could have interpreted my post that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies