Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2009, 11:24 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
You supported fines and community service - a sentence appropriate for a shoplifter, not a child molester. Have you changed your position to support at least some period of incarceration?
I also supported taking the child away from him, putting him under house arrest, and forbidding him from socializing with children.

As for incarceration, if it's found that he assaulted/molested the child or allowed others to do it, then yes, that would be appropriate. If he's not found guilty of assaulting/molesting the child, then I don't think incarceration would be the best answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
So, what crimes do you think merit jail time?
We've been through this already. You've repeatedly shown that you haven't read my responses, but you're sure ready to condemn me - just like you want to condemn the innocent gentleman in the news story.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:31 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
We've been through this already. You've repeatedly shown that you haven't read my responses, but you're sure ready to condemn me - just like you want to condemn the innocent gentleman in the news story.
Wow video evidence and still innocent? And those guys in the bank wearing mask and holding guns aren't robbing it - they just forget their ATM cards.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
So, I can assume that you think that an adult who uses his/her greater size and strength against a child should be able to move freely in society?

I thought I had heard it all.
Nope. I never said that.

I wouldn't call being under house arrest, being required to do community service, and being restricted from socializing with children "moving freely in society". Besides, when you said "unfit to live in society", I assumed you were saying he should be executed. That's really what I was disagreeing with.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:32 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times
Quote:
As for incarceration, if it's found that he assaulted/molested the child or allowed others to do it, then yes, that would be appropriate.
Good.

Quote:
If he's not found guilty of assaulting/molesting the child, then I don't think incarceration would be the best answer.
We're all saying what we think should happen IF he is found guilty or pleads guilty - IF he is found not guilty or is actually innocent, I don't support any criminal penalty and I presume (though I can only speak definitively for myself) none of the others do either.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Texas penal code defines torture and makes provisions for special sentencing when it is present.
The alleged crime occurred in North Carolina, not Texas.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Authorities have found videos of the alleged child molester engaged in sex acts with his child and he has admitted in online chats to doing so. Nothing hyperbolic there.
Well if there's video, then that changes things considerably. I was just going by the evidence that I've seen posted on this forum, namely, the hyperlink at the start of the thread which leads to the Fox News website.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Wow video evidence and still innocent? And those guys in the bank wearing mask and holding guns aren't robbing it - they just forget their ATM cards.
I haven't seen any links to news reports that talk about video evidence. I apologize if I've missed them. As I just mentioned a minute ago, if there is video evidence, then that changes my opinion considerably.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:43 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,711,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsavethequeens View Post
Stop it, Karfar. This isn't like you.
Why do you side with the child rapist and not the victim? Karfar is 100% correct, children are our most precious gift and we must do everything to protect them and prevent further harm. The rate of recidivism (repeat offense) is off the charts for kidddie diddlers.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:44 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Quote:
I haven't seen any links to news reports that talk about video evidence. I apologize if I've missed them. As I just mentioned a minute ago, if there is video evidence, then that changes my opinion considerably.
I heard on the news (think it was HLN but I'm not sure) that he was chatting using a webcam so there is no doubt that it was him talking to the officer. Maybe that wouldn't count as video evidence though, because although he admitted to molesting the child they actually don't have any footage of him doing so. I don't know - I'm not really that savvy when it comes to legal terminology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies