U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Would you vote for a gay or lesbian president?
Yes 170 73.28%
No 62 26.72%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-09-2009, 04:29 PM
 
1,117 posts, read 1,781,766 times
Reputation: 967

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Wow, you guys are talking about me behind my back? Way cool, thanks! Nope, I'm very very very heterosexual. I fight hard for gays though because...well, I should.
Hahaha! I still don't know if you're a goose or a gander. Aaah, the mysteries of CD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Status: ""a mind that understands science"" (set 8 days ago)
 
18,801 posts, read 12,121,836 times
Reputation: 10235
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
If you were gay, I'm very sure you would feel differently.

You said you consider yourself to be a redneck. Chances are that you would feel more comfortable around other self-described rednecks than you would around a liberal feminist physician from the Upper Westside of Manhattan. People generally do feel more comfortable around those to whom they can relate. A competent physician is obviously better than one who is incompetent, but if everything is otherwise equal, I'd rather see a gay male physician who is around my age and shares my socio-economic background than, say, a Latina physician in East Los Angeles whose patients are mostly Latino children from poor families, and who has no gay white male patients from middle-class or upper-middle-class backgrounds.

My primary care doc is a left winger who I think is probably gay. It does not make any difference to me, as he is a good doc. I could care less if he shares my personal or political beliefs (he probably does not). Now if he treated me differently because I am a straight right winger, I guess I would have a beef. But like most docs, he is a professional and it is a non-issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2009, 05:14 PM
 
Location: Palm Springs, CA
26,529 posts, read 24,949,987 times
Reputation: 7739
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
My primary care doc is a left winger who I think is probably gay. It does not make any difference to me, as he is a good doc. I could care less if he shares my personal or political beliefs (he probably does not). Now if he treated me differently because I am a straight right winger, I guess I would have a beef. But like most docs, he is a professional and it is a non-issue.
Well, okay, that's you. Obviously, some people feel differently. To me, people aren't like computers. I prefer to be able to relate to my doctor and I want him to be able to relate to me and my background.

Another example to consider: There are certainly women who feel more comfortable with female doctors than male doctors, and men who feel more comfortable with male doctors than female doctors. I don't think it's wrong for them to feel that way, and I understand why someone might prefer to see a doctor of the same gender (or race, or ethnic background, or whatever the case may be).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2009, 05:47 PM
 
Location: stairway to heaven
1,136 posts, read 581,948 times
Reputation: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Defending homosexuality is irrational? Ok, Atilla. Whatever you say.
I have little experience in speaking with self declared homosexuals as I don't run in those circles. However, I really don't believe most would explain their behavior as rational. Most people I don't believe stop to examine the act of homosexuality, not just the condition of homosexuality. Are they good people deserving of fair treatment, equality etc. ad infinitum. Surely I would give them that. Special treatment no, I would not give them that.
I don't know, though I've been told, that their sexuality includes anal sex and oral copulation. If you don't see anything wrong in two males engaging in anal sex as an expression of their "LUV" for one another, then I just don't know how i can bring you along Karfur.
I apologize for being so plain spoken. The fact is I rarely see anyone bring to the forefront just what it is we are considering as normal or even within the chain of evolution. For liberal folks so hung up on evolution as being the father of mankind it would seem that evolution is not so well exemplefied in this abhorant and aberrant behavior. I would rather have sex with a female porcupine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2009, 05:49 PM
 
Location: um....guess
10,479 posts, read 13,829,579 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Hahaha! I still don't know if you're a goose or a gander. Aaah, the mysteries of CD.
How can you not know, I just stated that I was a hetero.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2009, 05:51 PM
 
Location: um....guess
10,479 posts, read 13,829,579 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
I have little experience in speaking with self declared homosexuals as I don't run in those circles. However, I really don't believe most would explain their behavior as rational.
Since you just admitted you don't have experience w/homosexuals, I'll take that phrase w/a grain of salt. Broaden your horizons, you'd be surprised at the knowledge you can gain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2009, 06:24 PM
 
Location: Palm Springs, CA
26,529 posts, read 24,949,987 times
Reputation: 7739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
I don't know, though I've been told, that their sexuality includes anal sex and oral copulation. If you don't see anything wrong in two males engaging in anal sex as an expression of their "LUV" for one another, then I just don't know how i can bring you along Karfur.
You don't know, but you've "been told"? It sounds like you've had a very sheltered life. Read a book about human sexuality sometime.

Reading statements like yours actually make me glad I'm gay. It's caused me to be much more curious and open-minded about all kinds of things, and probably much less judgmental than if I had been heterosexual.

Quote:
I would rather have sex with a female porcupine.
Go for it. And take pictures while you're at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2009, 06:43 PM
 
Location: um....guess
10,479 posts, read 13,829,579 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post



Go for it. And take pictures while you're at it.
Wouldn't that be something to see? Perfect for his scrapbook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2009, 06:53 PM
 
Location: stairway to heaven
1,136 posts, read 581,948 times
Reputation: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Wouldn't that be something to see? Perfect for his scrapbook.
Sorry kids. I think normal is a good "happy" lifestyle.
Explain to me ,either of you, the knowledge you gain from anal sex and/or, oral copulation of same sex? That would be an interesting read. However, I can see where liberals could think they gained something from that experience. Personally though, I would prefer they stick to screwing themselves instead of the whole world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2009, 06:58 PM
 
Location: Palm Springs, CA
26,529 posts, read 24,949,987 times
Reputation: 7739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Sorry kids. I think normal is a good "happy" lifestyle.
Explain to me ,either of you, the knowledge you gain from anal sex and/or, oral copulation of same sex? That would be an interesting read. However, I can see where liberals could think they gained something from that experience. Personally though, I would prefer they stick to screwing themselves instead of the whole world.
Oh, brother.

I don't think most people have sex to "gain knowledge", whether it's homosexual sex or heterosexual sex. I don't concern myself with how others have sex if it's between consenting adults and no one is being injured against his will.

All this comes down to is that you think homosexual sex is "abnormal", and so based on that, you wouldn't vote for a gay President. That's fine. Everybody's got an opinion. I try to base my opinions on science and facts. Your opinion seems to be based on your gut reaction, and not much else. Gut reactions are often irrational and wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top