Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for a gay or lesbian president?
Yes 170 73.28%
No 62 26.72%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 09:24 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I see, so all gay men are feminine. How....intelligent of you. Do you know any gay men? My guess is no. You'd be surprised how many there are who you would have absolutely no idea they were gay. Bet that scares the crap out of ya, doesn't it?
OK, for one you did not understand what I was saying and two you really don't know me well enough to make that statement.
Let me clearify what I said. I realize that there are gaymen as well as straight men that are effeminate looking and acting and there are also men that you cannot tell unless they tell you, and since we are on the subject there are men that are on the "down low" meaning that they are bisexual and refuse to admit that they are gay. As far as homosexuals in general scaring me.....thats a joke! many of my closest friends are lesbians anyway. Gaymen could never make me feel uncomfortable mainly b/c I'm straight and very secure with my own sexuality.
I realize that this is just a post and you really don't have the opportunity to get to really know the people that you write about, so my advice to you is not assume that everyone is an ignorant homopobe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Okay. That is your decision. Again, I don't think that any physician allows any of thier personal feelings to alter thier treatment of patients, regardless of who they are. We treat everybody the same and focus on the problem. If you are that hung up on being gay, that is a problem that you probably need to address, as it may be interfering with your decision making process.

So if there was a marginally competant physician who was a gay advocate, and a very good doc who was indifferent to your sexuality, you would choose the marginally competant guy? I guess when I see a doc myself, I don't care who they are, whether white/black, gay/straight. liberal/conservative. I want the best guy. To each his own, but I really fail to see how personal views or political views would ever come in to the treatment of patients in the practice of medicine. Heck, I have a patient who is a higher up dealing with Obama's healthcare plan. I don't like liberals, but I don't hold it against her at all. No competant physician ever allows personal views to alter treatment.

BTW, I have had a couple of pateints in my career who said they would prefer to see a gay physician. Okay. I just don't know where you would find one that identifies themselves as a "gay physician". I don't think any gay doc would think it was relevant one way or another.

It seems as though you may have a bigger problem with rednecks and that might reflect your views. You should try to treat people the same, regardless of personal feelings. I hope your views do not compromise your ability to function effectively in your work.
Actually, there are straight doctors that cater to the gay community (I personally worked in such a practice) and low income families and actually they are doing quite well. They advertised in gay publications and they have a rainbow outside of their window

Old 07-20-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbet View Post
What does it mater what the sexual pref. are? Republicans seem to screw friends wife’s then pay them 90k to shut up, and fly first class to Argentina to screw a hooker there and make the tax payers pay for the flight all the time trying to refuse stimulus funds for a hard hit state, or screw some strange guy in a airport bath stall, or tell others to abstain from sex while their teen got knocked up, these idiots are the height of hypocrisy. The conservative right is so sexually repressed from self imposed sitting and masturbating in a closet to a picture of Jesus that when they get a chance the do the first thing that comes their way at tax payers expense. These people need to get their eyes off the bible and start to see the world the way it really is, full of people who are different, and have likes and dislikes not the same as their homogeneous fantasy world. Even among them self’s [Christians] they fight and say that their little group is the only real true religion even among Christians. WTF, I can not stand the hypocrisy and stupidity of these people. You have Kirk Cameron running around saying that because the Banana fits in the human hand this is proof that creation is reality. Or that because there is no creature called the crockoduck that evolution is not fact. If you want to believe that a man lived in a fish for 3 days because he would not preach in some town, or that a man and his son’s built a boat and all the animals we see today were kept alive on that boat [even though there are species that are only found in places far from where the ark was supposed to have landed.] or that snakes talked to a woman who then ate a pc. Of fruit that caused all sin, or that Jesus is coming soon, even though he said to his disciples when asked that “this generation will not pass away until all these things have occurred” and that was 2000 years ago. I guess Jesus idea of soon is not mine. The bible is full of contradictions and out right false hoods.
Wow, you said a penful!

Old 07-20-2009, 09:45 PM

To those who are still confused regarding my reply.....a gayman can mask his sexual preference if he so chooses and therefore can conduct any and all presidental business with foriegn dignitaries with no probelms. Now a queen, that is a different matter. He would not get elected under no circumstances and would not make it out of the primaries (if he got that far) b/c of the overstatment of femminity. These men are one chromozone short of being a femeale and are a terror to the right wing folks.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:45 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsavethequeens View Post
Why or why not? Do you feel it's actually possible in your lifetime?
Why? What does sexual orientation have to do with how well one performs. I don't check to see what a hetero Elected Employee's sex life is like. As long as their policies are sound, why not?

Possible? Doubtful but I could be wrong. Much of the Nation is still stuck in Theocratic Mode. Perhaps if we got our original, Founder created Motto and original Pledge back, things might change enough for a gay/lesbian in the White House.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:57 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,191,225 times
I might vote for a qualified candidate who I felt would represent me as President, and if that person also happened to be homosexual, no problem at all.

I would not vote for a candidate who wore their sexual preference on their sleeve, just as I hated that Bill Clinton wore his sexual preference on other people's blue dresses. I would not vote for a candidate whose private sexual preference was used as a political issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies