U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 08:31 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,193,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I find it strange yet interesting that finalsay mentioned yet again where you live.
I find it strange that someone who lives in idaho constantly race baits. that's like a guy in miami telling a guy in buffalo how to shovel his driveway when it snows.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:33 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Seems like a excellent example of not seeing the forrest for the trees. Your life, from your account, has been enriched because of diversity, yet you seem oblivious to the benefits of having experienced it. Fascinating.
1 r in forest.

it wasn't really enriched, it was just life. it wasn't forced on me, it was just life. I am talking about the people who think diversity is so important, they go out of their way to have diverse friends.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:34 PM

10,479 posts, read 13,829,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
I find it strange that someone who lives in idaho constantly race baits. that's like a guy in miami telling a guy in buffalo how to shovel his driveway when it snows.
Yes, but I guess I didn't see how there was race baiting going on.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:36 PM

5,027 posts, read 5,525,848 times
Quote:
Show us where I was race-baiting. And tell us what that term means, too.

You start a post about how you don't see any value in diversity (aside from restaurants) and then accuse others of race baiting? I have a long, documented history of your fascination with the whiteness of Idaho. You can't hide from that.

You are exactly what you are - and it's obvious to everyone.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Yes, but I guess I didn't see how there was race baiting going on.
haha. not on this thread, but you know who I am, and idahogie and I have a longer history. I wouldn't say anything at all if they didn't harp on race at some point.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Show us where I was race-baiting. And tell us what that term means, too.

You start a post about how you don't see any value in diversity (aside from restaurants) and then accuse others of race baiting? I have a long, documented history of your fascination with the whiteness of Idaho. You can't hide from that.

You are exactly what you are - and it's obvious to everyone.
a race baiter is someone who brings race into a place it doesn't belong. I am too lazy to dig up your posts from weeks or months ago. you know exactly what you are. well, wait, no you don't, but I know exactly what you are.

the only time I make fun of the lack of color in a town is when a resident of that town claims to be an expert on race relations. you, and one of your liberal friends on the forum meet those requirements.

I see no value in forced diversity, which is the norm nowadays.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:43 PM

471 posts, read 873,359 times
Diversity is alot more than just food. It's customs, traditions (sometimes language, which apparently scares or annoys some people ), it's culture too. I'm not proclaiming myself a race expert but I've seen that having friends of different races has widen my horizons. Yes, we're influenced to a certain extent by our race because as much as we would like to say America is colorblind, we know that's not true. It's ok though, as long as we respect each other and see this as an opportunity to meet someone new and learn something new, instead of falling victim of our own stereotypes and prejudice.

Quote:
seriously, what gives with this? diversity for me is good for one thing. food. I love ethnic food, and fortunately I grew up in an ethnically diverse area, and most of my friends were not white. but what's with the whole diversity or die crap? I have a friend who feels that she needs to have a friend of every color, sexual orientation, religion, species, ect. it seems so forced. how about you all. do you feel that you need diversity, and if so, why? or could you care less? besides food, why is it important to you?

Old 06-26-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1025 View Post
Diversity is alot more than just food. It's customs, traditions (sometimes language, which apparently scares or annoys some people ), it's culture too. I'm not proclaiming myself a race expert but I've seen that having friends of different races has widen my horizons. Yes, we're influenced to a certain extent by our race because as much as we would like to say America is colorblind, we know that's not true. It's ok though, as long as we respect each other and see this as an opportunity to meet someone new and learn something new, instead of falling victim of our own stereotypes and prejudice.
the only time language bothers me, is when someone who can't speak english is put into a customer service position. that annoys me.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:53 PM

10,479 posts, read 13,829,579 times
Quote:
the only time language bothers me, is when someone who can't speak english is put into a customer service position. that annoys me.
The only time I've ever come across someone who it seemed couldn't speak english was at a mexican restaurant. And sorry, that just doesn't count. Other than that, they can all speak english. It may be harder to understand, but it's still english.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:29 PM

7,169 posts, read 6,444,775 times
Quote:
The only time I've ever come across someone who it seemed couldn't speak english was at a mexican restaurant. And sorry, that just doesn't count. Other than that, they can all speak english. It may be harder to understand, but it's still english.
that reminds me of a joke. do you know what a mexican and a cue ball have in common? the harder you hit them the more english you get out of them. flame suit on .just a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies