U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-26-2009, 08:47 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
12,625 posts, read 8,743,877 times
Reputation: 6333

Advertisements

Rosie O'Donnell to host satellite radio show - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090625/ap_en_tv/us_people_rosie_o_donnell - broken link)

I give it 3 months before its shut down. No one wants to hear her liberal screeching..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-26-2009, 08:49 PM
 
Location: um....guess
10,479 posts, read 13,829,579 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Rosie O'Donnell to host satellite radio show - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090625/ap_en_tv/us_people_rosie_o_donnell - broken link)

I give it 3 months before its shut down. No one wants to hear her liberal screeching..
Well now that is very interesting you say that. Aren't you one of those people who are for free speech? Who would be one of the first to rise up if one of your beloved right-wingers got shut down? Come on now, have some sort of decency & try to be a little less biased. It's pretty embarrassing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2009, 08:52 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
12,625 posts, read 8,743,877 times
Reputation: 6333
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Well now that is very interesting you say that. Aren't you one of those people who are for free speech? Who would be one of the first to rise up if one of your beloved right-wingers got shut down? Come on now, have some sort of decency & try to be a little less biased. It's pretty embarrassing.

Absolutely---it will be shut down for the same reason Air-America was, no interest and no sponsors. Conservatives had NOTHING to do with trying to shut them down
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2009, 08:55 PM
 
Location: um....guess
10,479 posts, read 13,829,579 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Absolutely---it will be shut down for the same reason Air-America was, no interest and no sponsors. Conservatives had NOTHING to do with trying to shut them down
I thought AirAmerica was still on. Shows how much I know. I'd like to address your last sentence. When have dems shut down conservative radio?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2009, 08:58 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
12,625 posts, read 8,743,877 times
Reputation: 6333
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I thought AirAmerica was still on. Shows how much I know. I'd like to address your last sentence. When have dems shut down conservative radio?

I didnt say they did, but from your tone, it sounds like I want Rosie to be forcibly censored, I never said that, I said I give her 3 months before her show becomes unprofitable. If I wanted her silenced, i wouldnt give her 1 day on the air, much less 3 months...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2009, 09:02 PM
 
Location: Idaho Falls
5,027 posts, read 5,525,848 times
Reputation: 1479
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I give it 3 months before its shut down. No one wants to hear her liberal screeching..
You're so right. Radio audiences prefer death threats, immigrant-bashing, homophobia, and right-wing hatred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2009, 09:03 PM
 
Location: Palm Springs, CA
26,529 posts, read 24,949,987 times
Reputation: 7739
The liberal shows often don't work out, but that's alright. As long as Republicans keep losing elections, I'll be happy. And I'll continue saying that until Republicans get rid of the moralistic/religious/anti-sex component of their platform.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2009, 09:04 PM
 
Location: um....guess
10,479 posts, read 13,829,579 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I didnt say they did, but from your tone, it sounds like I want Rosie to be forcibly censored, I never said that, I said I give her 3 months before her show becomes unprofitable. If I wanted her silenced, i wouldnt give her 1 day on the air, much less 3 months...
Perhaps I'm used to your other posts because the tone of them are of a definite conservative air. So if you didn't mean that, then I apologize.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2009, 09:04 PM
 
Location: Rome, Georgia
2,706 posts, read 3,325,427 times
Reputation: 1911
Oh God. Rosie O'donnell had about as much appeal as Rush Limbaugh. Say it ain't so Joe....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2009, 09:05 PM
 
Location: Chicago Suburbs
3,191 posts, read 3,779,376 times
Reputation: 1161
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
You're so right. Radio audiences prefer death threats, immigrant-bashing, homophobia, and right-wing hatred.
"Slander", just another tool in the liberal box.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top