Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 11:25 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
...I think history will show that, if nothing else, his determination to bring the issue of religious extremism and the danger it poses to a civilized world to the forefront will be his legacy.
I do agree with you here, the world certainly learned some lessons about the dangers of religious extremism thanks to Bush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 11:27 PM

522 posts, read 1,794,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Unlike you, I wasn't making predictions.
No, you weren't. Yes I was. That's what happens when the wishy-washy fades and conviction takes over.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:36 PM

Quote:
I do agree with you here, the world certainly learned some lessons about the dangers of religious extremism thanks to Bush.
A look back at your recent posts in other threads shows your post pattern seems to go something like this:

POST A: I am very intellectual and giving my opinion. I mean no harm.

--insert dissenting opinion from another poster here--

POST B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I: I won't debate this point with you. Instead, I will personally attack you and not even defend my position on the issues. I will call you a name or two and then try to get this thread up to 25 posts with a back-and-forth between two members with only name calling and no serious debate on the topic at hand. I will insert, "unlike you" at the beginning of most of my posts to imply I am waaaaay better, and will end many of them with rhetorical questions like "are you really that stupid?" that serve no purpose but to clog up the board and dumb-down the debate.

(I'm done. Posting something else not relating to the OP's topic only serves to make my point. Let's see if you can stand me having the last word...somehow, I doubt it. Unlike you, I will refrain, or are you really stupid enough to post again?)

Old 06-26-2009, 11:37 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,028,546 times
Quote:
just spit it out what do you really want to say here im just a simpleton and wouldn't buy a used car from you

Old 06-26-2009, 11:43 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,018,265 times
so far the only accomplishment in this thread is that bush identified religious zealots in the middle east are dangerous? hmmmmm in 8 years this is all we can come up with?

Old 06-26-2009, 11:44 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
He provided endless amounts of video for those presidential "blooper" movies.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
A look back at your recent posts in other threads shows your post pattern seems to go something like this:

POST A: I am very intellectual and giving my opinion. I mean no harm.

--insert dissenting opinion from another poster here--

POST B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I: I won't debate this point with you. Instead, I will personally attack you and not even defend my position on the issues. I will call you a name or two and then try to get this thread up to 25 posts with a back-and-forth between two members with only name calling and no serious debate on the topic at hand. I will insert, "unlike you" at the beginning of most of my posts to imply I am waaaaay better, and will end many of them with rhetorical questions like "are you really that stupid?" that serve no purpose but to clog up the board and dumb-down the debate.

(I'm done. Posting something else not relating to the OP's topic only serves to make my point. Let's see if you can stand me having the last word...somehow, I doubt it. Unlike you, I will refrain, or are you really stupid enough to post again?)
Aww, I'm sorry.
I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

You make silly predictions, yet you want to be taken seriously, right?
That is what you are saying?

Old 06-26-2009, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
just spit it out what do you really want to say here im just a simpleton and wouldn't buy a used car from you
Bush is a religious nut, is what I meant by the post you quoted.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:52 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,018,265 times
I just googled for his accomplishments and there are none listed. pretty sad. there must be somthing besides terrorist awareness

Old 06-26-2009, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
so far the only accomplishment in this thread is that bush identified religious zealots in the middle east are dangerous? hmmmmm in 8 years this is all we can come up with?
No, I think what we've identified is that most people's seething hatred and robotic-like attack reflex on Bush will never allow the OP's question to be honestly answered without having to wade through 40 pages of unoriginal, not-clever, horribly un-sarcastic, one-liners before he gets to the information he wanted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies