Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 06:07 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,075 times

Advertisements

IMHO more "intellectuals" are liberals. They seem to be well traveled and more open to things that are not American. Again, this is just an opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 06:07 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,464,947 times
The democratic principles upon which the country was founded put 100% of the governing process in the hands of white male landowners. If you think the greatly broadened scope of today is a good idea, thank a liberal elitist.

The anti-intellectualism of the rightwing is meanwhile the calculated ploy of a bunch cynical snake oil salesmen. Don't listen to the experts. Shun the views of those who have studied and understand things. Go with your gut instead and vote for us. We're like you. We believe all the things that you believe. Actually, they don't of course. It's all a sham...a phony stage show designed to glean the votes of suckers. Those who went with it didn't get what they paid for from the rightwing. And they still don't.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:10 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,928,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
Of course you don't, because you've never held a point of view that was actually your own.

VEE R ZEE ROBOTZ!
All my opinions are indeed my own. You may not like the fact that I am not a partisan or that I don't blindly support any, either, party. That is okay sheep tend to be offended by free thinking people.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:12 AM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
All my opinions are indeed my own. You may not like the fact that I am not a partisan or that I don't blindly support any, either, party. That is okay sheep tend to be offended by free thinking people.
I am having Nancy Reagan over for tea tomorrow!

YOU are invited!

Old 06-27-2009, 06:16 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,967,105 times
Nope.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:19 AM

Quote:
I am having Nancy Reagan over for tea tomorrow!

YOU are invited!
No thanks, never liked Nancy. She gave me the creeps. Thanks for the invitation though.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:21 AM

Quote:
No thanks, never liked Nancy. She gave me the creeps. Thanks for the invitation though.
Yes, I fully expected a convenient cop out.

Look you're not convincing me of you supposed unbiased-ness. I have been reading your crap for half a year.

LOL.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Yes, I fully expected a convenient cop out.

Look you're not convincing me of you supposed unbiased-ness. I have been reading your crap for half a year.

LOL.
Typical response. Glad to see you read my crap. Sorry to say I have not seen the crap you write but I'll try to catch up.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Typical response for a partisan sheep. Glad to see you read my crap. Sorry to say I have not seen the crap you write but I'll try to catch up.
It's hard to miss your "I-stuck-a-magnet-on-my-minivan-so-I-am-a-patriot" posts.

BTW, you've now officially worn out "typical". Get a new line.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:28 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I have heard the term "Liberal elite" used mainly by some Republican anti-intellectuals to describe the stereotypical Liberal and although I do not consider myself a Liberal, I have to admit that some of the characteristics of a "Liberal elitist" totally describe me as a person. Basically, being educated, appreciating different cultures and watching foreign movies is supposed to be a sign of Liberal elitism? I feel fortunate to be raised by parents who were educated, worldly and had high expectations for us.

Wikipedia goes on to say that "The liberal elite are often stereotyped as being snooty and condescending toward others, particularly those living in Middle America"

I have to admit that I do have a certain condescending attitude towards people who are uneducated and ignorant because these are the people who kept someone like Bush in power for 8 years, how can you not feel this way?

All things considered, Are intellectuals mainly Liberals in your opinion?

The answer is No. There are intellectuals on both sides. The difference for me is that the Liberals by nature tend to have a higher percentage of those that are willing to think outside the box when it comes to solutions to the issues facing us. Heck, if you want to get down to it, IMHO, those with the best thinking skills tend to be neither Liberal or Conservative, but are those that belong to what is refered to as Independents, they see both the good and bad with both ideals, something the hard core conservatives and liberals lack in ability.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies