Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 08:16 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Yeah you keep thinking that
Did the TV networks and news websites spend more time featuring stories about Michael Jackson's death, or Cap and Trade? I think the answer is clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 08:17 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
70% of the country is against this legislation. Odds are you're not going to find any takers. Not all opinions run along party lines.

This dem thinks this legislation is garbage.
Thank you.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:19 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Did the TV networks and news websites spend more time featuring stories about Michael Jackson's death, or Cap and Trade? I think the answer is clear.
lol So to you because the news channels are talking about MJ means that his death is more important to me and others because?? I didnt know FOXnews or cnn and msnbc spoke for me.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:25 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
lol So to you because the news channels are talking about MJ means that his death is more important to me and others because?? I didnt know FOXnews or cnn and msnbc spoke for me.
No. Try to follow the discussion.

I said:

"I doubt most Americans care about this issue. They're more interested in Michael Jackson's death - by far."

You said:

"Yeah you keep thinking that"

I then pointed out that the TV networks and news websites are covering Michael Jackson extensively, and not cap and trade. The point is that if cap and trade was a burning issue in the minds of most Americans, they would be covering it heavily - not Michael Jackson.

If you don't understand that, then I'm giving up.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:32 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
70% of the country is against this legislation. Odds are you're not going to find any takers. Not all opinions run along party lines.

This dem thinks this legislation is garbage.
Opposition to cap-and-trade grows in U.S.: poll | Green Business | Reuters

52% Approve
42% Disapprove

Old 06-27-2009, 08:38 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Where did he get the 70% number? Why do people make up stats?

Most people support cap-and-trade - and most people are far more interested in MJ's death than tax issues.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:42 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Simple as that I am so sick of hearing excuses for this man. He knew what he was getting into the wars and all.
Nobody ever offered any excuses, nor is there any reason to. Obama is doing an excellent job.

Out of curiosity, what do you think McCain would have done had he been elected instead of Obama? Do you think everything would be OK by now?

Old 06-27-2009, 08:47 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Some of us don't care one way or another. I imagine that others are fine with the legislative process as its evolving and don't have much interest in arguing about it.
And some just don't care to fight the same fight with another name.

40% of us (the public) think there is a debate about (or straight deny because of a cold day) global warming, and if that 40% can't be convinced of the threat, why would anyone try to convince the same crowd of the need to reduce that threat.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:47 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,675,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Yep.

George W. Bush finished what Ronald Reagan started, and left no stone unturned in driving America into insolvency. Obama is trying his best to play the hand he was dealt with the economy in tatters, two wars to resolve, and nuclear proliferation becoming the newest hobby of rogue nations.

If you have any positive suggestions, I'm certain President Obama would appreciate hearing them. If all you have to offer is kvetching, he's heard it all before, and so have we.
The Ronald Reagan caused big deficits is a lie. The democrats controlled congress and didn't follow the deal agreed to that for every dollar of tax cuts there would be $3 in spending cuts. We got the tax cuts but never got the spending cuts.

Obama's 2 Trillion dollar deficits make GW Bush's deficits look like little marbles.

You want a positive suggestion? Stop spending money we don't have on greenhouse BS, welfare, bailouts and bogus healthcare nonsense.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:58 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
They approve because they think it's Wall Street regulation.

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/environment/congress_pushes_cap_and_trade_but_just_24_know_wha t_it_is - broken link)

Quote:
Given a choice of three options, just 24% of voters can correctly identify the cap-and-trade proposal as something that deals with environmental issues. A slightly higher number (29%) believe the proposal has something to do with regulating Wall Street while 17% think the term applies to health care reform. A plurality (30%) have no idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies