Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 05:02 PM

37,181 posts, read 19,200,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
How was Rush a hypocrite? When did he ever condemn people with a drug problem?
Since you seem to be google-impaired, I will indulge you this time.

If you actually listened to Rush, you would have heard variations on this theme a number of times - BEFORE he went deaf and had to come clean.

"What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."

-- Rush Limbaugh show, Oct. 5, 1995

[SIZE=2]http://buzzflash.com/analysis/03/10/ana03004.html[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2009, 06:51 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Since you seem to be google-impaired, I will indulge you this time.

If you actually listened to Rush, you would have heard variations on this theme a number of times - BEFORE he went deaf and had to come clean.

"What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."

-- Rush Limbaugh show, Oct. 5, 1995

[SIZE=2]http://buzzflash.com/analysis/03/10/ana03004.html[/SIZE]
Didnt his drug problem start AFTER he made that statement? And maybe since he saw so many other people getting away with it, maybe he thought he would try...

Old 07-03-2009, 07:04 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,073 times
Quote:
Didnt his drug problem start AFTER he made that statement? And maybe since he saw so many other people getting away with it, maybe he thought he would try...
No. He was taking pharmies before that. And who in the world would make a statement like that and somehow justify indulging in the same behavior? Better yet, who would have respect for someone who would do such a thing?

I guess you need to be a "slayer of liberal causes" to understand it.

The rest of the critically thinking public doesn't need to be told what to think by people who can't even follow their own suggestions.

Carry on though and worship the ethnobotanist and the drug addict. That is what is great about this country. When push comes to shove though you guys are about 10% and wont be making a difference any time soon.

Old 07-03-2009, 07:10 AM

37,181 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
As I said, if you listened to him, you heard an ongoing and prolonged diatribe on the subject of drugs and drug use.

It's a pity Limbaugh couldn't have been called to account for what he claimed were his own standards, judged by his own metric, and had the same penance imposed upon him that he prescribed for others.

But that wouldn't be the republican/neocon way, now would it?

Incidentally, you asked when he had ever condemned someone with a drug problem. You received your reply from Limbaugh's own mouth. Quit trying to spin it after the fact. It is what it is, and unfortunately, so is he.

Old 07-03-2009, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
No. He was taking pharmies before that. And who in the world would make a statement like that and somehow justify indulging in the same behavior? Better yet, who would have respect for someone who would do such a thing?

I guess you need to be a "slayer of liberal causes" to understand it.

The rest of the critically thinking public doesn't need to be told what to think by people who can't even follow their own suggestions.

Carry on though and worship the ethnobotanist and the drug addict. That is what is great about this country. When push comes to shove though you guys are about 10% and wont be making a difference any time soon.
So should i blindly follow MAObama with his supreme hypocrisy? The party of "Gibs me dat" with its grand sense of entitlement, the democrats? No thanks.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:34 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
I'd ask him for a follow-up on this claim:

Savage: "[T]here's gonna be a wholesale firing of competent white men in the United States government" | Media Matters for America

Old 07-14-2009, 07:36 AM

Quote:
The party of "Gibs me dat" with its grand sense of entitlement, the democrats? No thanks.
Interesting to google "gibs me dat" and see who all else uses that expression.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Interesting to google "gibs me dat" and see who all else uses that expression.

hahahahaha--thats hilarious! Thanks for the tip! By the way, what does this have to do with asking Savage a question?

Old 07-14-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
hahahahaha--thats hilarious! Thanks for the tip! By the way, what does this have to do with asking Savage a question?
Birds of a feather, huh?

I asked a question in the post above the "gibs me dat" post.

Old 07-14-2009, 01:40 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
"If you could ask Michael Savage 1 question, what would it be?"

I would ask, "Why are you such a blithering idiot?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies