Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2009, 02:32 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post

Honestly, I don't think he is doing a good job and is making a lot of big mistakes. You can't deny that!
Well I can't deny that you don't think he's doing a good job, but I certainly can deny that he's making a lot of big mistakes, and I do. I think he's made some mistakes (all presidents do), but not a lot, and none of them big.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 02:33 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Why on Earth would we move out of the United States? We control the government!
just .

Old 06-28-2009, 02:33 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,514,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymonk View Post
I believe this adminatration is purposely running our economy into the ground so it can achieve its long awaited radical left wing agenda...It's easy to do when so many of the Obama supporters are still looking through rose color glasses...He can do no wrong, according to them!

I didn't think anybody could be worse than Bush...But Obama is proving to be worse, 'he's Bush on steriods'. Obama is scaring the sh#t out of me. Obama can't spend money fast enough... And why are they passing bills without reading them first? I'm suppost to trust these liars with my health care?

And why is there talk of legalizing illegal immigrants now? Americans are losing jobs by the millions and they want to spend money legalizing illegal border crossers who will eat up more of our social service programs?? Stupid!!

Both Republicans and Democrats have sold out the American people. All the bailouts went to their fat-cat creedy elitist buddies...They don't give a crap about the American taxpayers...We're just their Slaves!
I agree

Old 06-28-2009, 02:36 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Why on Earth would we move out of the United States? We control the government!
And will until at least 2016.

Reps, BTW.

My repper is clogged until I spread some around.

Old 06-28-2009, 02:37 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post

I agree
That's too bad, since none of that nonsense is based in reality.

Old 06-28-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Marilyn, I've followed along on your journey with your kitty, Otto, and getting him settled down so he could have a calm and happy life. I can tell that you are a woman with deep emotions and a lot of love in your heart. You know the calm that your vet recommended that you provide Otto in his environment? Well, I implore you to take some deep breaths and try to bring the same calm into your own life.

The sky is not falling.

Here is some background reading for you to do. I believe it's (relatively) neutral, and perhaps it will give you a better sense of both the history surrounding our current economic crisis, as well as the man who's at the helm of trying to right it. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask them here, as I'm sure we'll all be happy to help you find the answers you are seeking. Just beware of the hysteria and don't let it overwhelm you.

Frontline: the long demise of glass-steagall | PBS

Barack Obama's work with Republicans
Lugar-Obama Nonproliferation Initiative (http://lugar.senate.gov/press/record.cfm?id=278019 - broken link)
Congress Backs Tighter Rules on Lobbying
Senate Passes Coburn-Obama Bill to Create Internet Database of Federal Spending (see Welcome to USAspending.gov)
Charles Peters - Judge Him by His Laws - washingtonpost.com
Religious Liberty and Charitable Donation Clarification Act of 2006
Sens. Obama, Coburn make unlikely duo | Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (http://www.citizensforethics.org/node/22689 - broken link)
Barack Obama’s accidental surrogate

Barack Obama's writing and speeches
Renewing American Leadership | Foreign Affairs
Obama writes chaper on community organizing
“A Call To Renewal†– Barack Obama on the Role of Religion in Public Life

Barack Obama is a good man. The idea that he's being compared to arguably one of the most heinous men in history, Hitler, is profoundly offensive (especially to me, as a Jew). Please take that particular piece of rhetoric out of your discussion about President Obama. And thanks for taking the time to read the linked articles.

Hope you and Otto are doing well!
wow, thank you for such a caring and nice post. Look I dont it all like I said, yes I should not have said Hitler or compare him to Hilter it was stupid, I do alot of stupid things. I guess I need to read and get both sides and try to be open minded. Its interesting because I agree with some people on the right and I understand the left. Do I agree, I dont know yet. Thanks for the reading. I guess I should stop listen to Glen Beck. He is funny though you got to admit!

Old 06-28-2009, 02:39 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
Please!!!! FOX news is fair and balanced and not far right as you think.
O'Reilly praises Obama all the time. The only programs that talk against
Obama's policies are Beck and Hannity, but of course most are against
spending, healthcare form, pork, government take over, wanting more government, calling American's arrogant, and being weak in foreign relations.
FOX news also criticized Bush. Hey at least with FOX you are getting pure facts. ....
Sorry. Had to stop reading at this point. Laughing so hard, I couldn't read any further....

Old 06-28-2009, 02:39 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,327,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
just .
LOL!

Move to AZ. It's a seriously right-wing state. Even moderate Republicans can't get elected there. You have to be a true ideologue. You will love it there.

Old 06-28-2009, 02:45 PM

18,382 posts, read 19,008,619 times
steve the only thing I can tell you that might put your mind at ease is that many people were scared sh*%less for the 8 years bush was in office and we lived through that we had a mess at the end that we are dealing with now we will live through obama and his admin the usa has far too many checks and balances for us ever to lose our foundation. never fear, do your best not to buy into hard core slanted media outlets that will help

Old 06-28-2009, 02:46 PM

I guess the bottom line is I dont trust anyone of them anymore. I AM MAD!!! I dont want to have to bust my a@@ when IM 70! I planned this, waited, saved and I see it all eroding. I see if this keeps going on they want to take it all! I see that we have some good points on both sides but someone said its for their coporate and government green causes and everyone else is not included gets screwed. I believe this. I think if this bill passes its not good unless we already are with AL GORE. I dont believe its going to help the green gas crap. Then I guess we should not all exhaul. This is a big cause of green gas. SO kill us off with a plastic bag. Too bad they need us to pay for it. I mean I can be open but maybe we are being scammed. I dont believe anyone. Good points , great discussion, cant believe this started so many posts and so much mind thinking. I expect you people to call me a jerk. I got a few of those but I can take it. I will try to give this guy a chance but its not easy. I dont want the country to fail. I dont want people to be hurt or lose more. I guess I want to learn how to solve some of this crap but feel so helpless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies