Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2009, 11:46 AM

5,638 posts, read 6,515,537 times

Advertisements

Can this type of thinking be any more idiotic? Lets see, the "Bus" police can issue you a fine of $500, and a judge could sentence you up to six months in jail for smelling like garlic or wearing the wrong perfume or cologne. Even if this proposal doesn't pass, what the heck are these two bozos thinking.

Bill targets pungent riders of Honolulu's transit system | HonoluluAdvertiser.com | The Honolulu Advertiser
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 11:47 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
Can this type of thinking be any more idiotic? Lets see, the "Bus" police can issue you a fine of $500, and a judge could sentence you up to six months in jail for smelling like garlic or wearing the wrong perfume or cologne. Even if this proposal doesn't pass, what the heck are these two bozos thinking.

Bill targets pungent riders of Honolulu's transit system | HonoluluAdvertiser.com | The Honolulu Advertiser
Sounds good to me. If people want to go after smokers then naturally the stinkers should be kept in check as well.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:49 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times
I ride public transit in California and as much as I cannot tolerate "stinky" passengers, I think this bill is cruel and heartless.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:51 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Sounds good to me. If people want to go after smokers then naturally the stinkers should be kept in check as well.
Second hand smoke is a health hazard while body odor is not (although it can be overwhelming at times). At least one person I know has died from lung cancer due to her husband's second hand smoke but I have yet to hear about body odor killing folks.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I ride public transit in California and as much as I cannot tolerate "stinky" passengers, I think this bill is cruel and heartless.
It is heartless and gutless. Did you also notice how one of the council members talked about foreigners and their so-called bad odors? Who will decide what smells bad or what smells good or okay. There is no way we can be told how to smell.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
A six month jail sentence for smelling bad sounds good to you. Perhaps, the day might come where wearing the color yellow on Fridays will be outlawed, and persons who wear yellow on Fridays will be sentenced to six months in jail.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:01 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
If people smell bad, the conductor should tell them to get the hell off the train. If they don't get off THEN they can go to jail for trespassing. But there is no reason why other people have to smell those who do not use deordorant or were the same socks for 10 days in a row without washing them.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:04 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,168,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
a judge could sentence you up to six months in jail for smelling like garlic
I knew this day would happen. The vampires have started to lobby for protection. I also suspect that they're lobbying against zombies - as rotting corpses don't normally smell good

While I have a sensitive nose to certain fragrances... jailing somebody for smelling like a zombie (or rather, being a zombie) or wishing to defend one's self (using garlic) against the blood suckers hiding in society sounds absolutely atrocious.

And for people who are smelly for others reasons, I don't think they should be jailed either.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
If people smell bad, the conductor should tell them to get the hell off the train. If they don't get off THEN they can go to jail for trespassing. But there is no reason why other people have to smell those who do not use deordorant or were the same socks for 10 days in a row without washing them.
Its not just BO or stinky socks, it could also include the scent of your deodorant, the scent of your mouth wash, the scent of your perfume or cologne, or the scent of your hairspray or gel. C'mon! Of course, certain odors irritate me, but locking someone up for it is BS! What about the passengers who burp or pass gas? Lets see "the MAN" prove who actually did it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies