Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 03:22 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,828,864 times

Advertisements

First sentence of your article:

"For 70 years, country stars have been honored with invitations to perform for the president at the White House."

Could you imagine how many hillrods would be on here starting threads if Obama denied a country music party. I wouldn't be surprised if people wouldn't be calling for his impeachment on the grounds that he's a racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 03:24 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,662,054 times
A 70 Year Old TRADITION. Seriously. 70 Years. Through every other economic crisis. But lets blame Obama for keeping on with tradition. I don't think you even read these articles.

Old 06-28-2009, 03:37 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
As a taxpayer, I am getting a little upset that I have yet to receive an invite to any of these shindigs. *sniffle* I guess I am not 'elite' enough for the "A" list.

Old 06-28-2009, 03:39 PM

17,376 posts, read 16,518,282 times
I'm actually to the point where I'd rather see him partying than working...

Old 06-28-2009, 03:44 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,914,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Is that what you got out of what I said? Really? That is sad.
What is sad are the multiple threads that blast the First Family for the most petty things and then are blown out of proportion with titles that are devised to deceive.

Why don't the neocons just start a thread titled, 'President Obama is breathing MY air and I hate him for it!!' That would more correctly reflect what they think about him.

Old 06-28-2009, 03:45 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I'm actually to the point where I'd rather see him partying than working...
priceless..think we can keep him partying til 2012 ?

Old 06-28-2009, 04:14 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:

Since this man was elected his little get aways were to Hawaii, St Louis for Ribs, Chicago to their favorite restaurant, NYC for a play, Paris and then to England for their Harry Potter Birthday party as well we multiple trips to Camp David. So I don't think he is a prisioner by any means.

They already had their Soul Music Concert, their Luau and now this Hoe-down, so I think he is having plenty of "fun" times.

Let's stay on topic and not start saying how many times Bush went to his ranch. This post is about Obama and his socials and person travel.
It's petty enough to complain about Obama taking a vacation to Hawaii after he was elected, to St. Louis, Chicago, and NYC. But to complain about him going to France to help the Allies celebrate the 65th anniversary of D-Day is just disrespectful. If he hadn't gone, fienging finances, the OP would have complained about that!

You don't want to talk about how many times Bush went to his ranch, because that would show the hypocrisy of complaining about Obama's travels and entertaining. And Camp David is the traditional presidential retreat. It's only about 60 miles from DC. All presidents have used CD, that is where the mideast peace accords were signed.

Old 06-28-2009, 04:15 PM

402 posts, read 853,065 times
As someone who is not a huge fan of Obama, I find no problem with this. You can't just lock yourself in the oval office until the economy improves. No one works 24 hours a day, including the president, and having a cultural public event during his free time is better than say him watching tv or playing ping pong.

Old 06-28-2009, 04:37 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
What is sad are the multiple threads that blast the First Family for the most petty things and then are blown out of proportion with titles that are devised to deceive.

Why don't the neocons just start a thread titled, 'President Obama is breathing MY air and I hate him for it!!' That would more correctly reflect what they think about him.

Now, ain't that the truth! Most amusing that, from the OP, anything done (or not done) by Bush is off-limits. Priceless. I suppose that this was outrageous on Obama's part as well.

Obama Signs Bill to Create Reagan Centennial Panel | 44 | washingtonpost.com

Old 06-28-2009, 04:48 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,708 times
Quote:

Since this man was elected his little get aways were to Hawaii, St Louis for Ribs, Chicago to their favorite restaurant, NYC for a play, Paris and then to England for their Harry Potter Birthday party as well we multiple trips to Camp David. So I don't think he is a prisioner by any means.

They already had their Soul Music Concert, their Luau and now this Hoe-down, so I think he is having plenty of "fun" times.

Let's stay on topic and not start saying how many times Bush went to his ranch. This post is about Obama and his socials and person travel.

you are right and it is sad that is always the come back.
I am sooooooooooo sick of obama he puts my teeth on edge
he is throwing another party and taking another trip because he has his head up his butt and does not know how to do anything else.
I predict with in another 6 months the folks on here defending the hack will be screaming the loudest to get him out of office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies