U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 06:08 PM

25,235 posts, read 13,956,167 times

Advertisements

Same old whine since the elections in Iran, if he does nothing he is bad, if he were to invade he would be bad. Iran and it's government is the issue for the People of Iran, not ours.
Casper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 06:36 PM

47,576 posts, read 60,378,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I'm sitting here shaking my head.
There seems to be no consistency in this administration.
It's a coin toss to determine Obama's position on anything anymore.
I think the consistency is there -- he's for the dictators. When it comes to people fighting for their freedom, he sides with the dictator.

Old 06-28-2009, 07:20 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,196,735 times
Quote:
Ok I get that. But then why the about face, total 360 degree opposite with Honduras ?

At least it wasn't covert; it was right out in the open via the State Department rather than a CIA ops.

Maybe something more to this than meets the eye regarding our foreign policy.
I'm sure there is much more thats involved with our decision making in regards to foreign policy than the general public is ever exposed to.

As far as Honduras goes, I have not been following that issue much so I can't really draw an opinion. I'll have to read up on it

Old 06-28-2009, 07:36 PM

86,804 posts, read 102,103,104 times
Obama concerned over expulsion of Honduran leader - Forbes.com (http://www.forbes.com/feeds/reuters/2009/06/28/2009-06-28T153147Z_01_N28330719_RTRIDST_0_HONDURAS-PRESIDENT-OBAMA-URGENT.html - broken link)

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama expressed deep concern on Sunday at the Honduran military's arrest and expulsion of President Manuel Zelaya from the country.

"Any existing tensions and disputes must be resolved peacefully through dialogue free from any outside interference," he said.

As stated previously, Presidnet Zelaya was democratically elected.

Where's the beef?

Old 06-28-2009, 07:53 PM

786 posts, read 920,742 times
Quote:
I'm sitting here shaking my head.
There seems to be no consistency in this administration.
It's a coin toss to determine Obama's position on anything anymore.
Where is the inconsistancy regarding the situations in Iran and Hondurans? In both cases Obama is defending basic democratic values; the right to protests in regard to Iran and the right to vote and live in a democratic society in regard to Honduras. Obama has been very inconsistant on alot of issues (Torture, Iraq, issues surrounding the bailout ect..) but this isn't one of them.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:00 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,449,300 times
Quote:
"Any existing tensions and disputes must be resolved peacefully through dialogue free from any outside interference," he said.

As stated previously, Presidnet Zelaya was democratically elected.

Where's the beef?
Why, of course. Stolen elections and rigged counting along with beatings and murders of those voters who want to know what happened to their vote shouldn't be bothered with, right?

Or are you one of those insinuating that the election in Iran was above board?

But the real point is the obama WH was extremely quick to make a very strong statement in support of restoring the despot, while his silence as Iranians were dying the streets was deafening. Only from criticism, at home and abroad regarding his weak and timid statement forced him to somewhat reverse himself.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Why, of course. Stolen elections and rigged counting along with beatings and murders of those voters who want to know what happened to their vote shouldn't be bothered with, right?

Or are you one of those insinuating that the election in Iran was above board?

But the real point is the obama WH was extremely quick to make a very strong statement in support of restoring the despot, while his silence as Iranians were dying the streets was deafening. Only from criticism, at home and abroad regarding his weak and timid statement forced him to somewhat reverse himself.
The results of the Iran elections are still in dispute. There is no dispute that Zelaya was democratically elected.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
The results of the Iran elections are still in dispute.
Only those sympathetic to the regime are disputing the election, you would be one of those I guess.

There can be little doubt that election was rigged. Only those who want to defend obama at all costs would think that was a fair and free election.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Only those sympathetic to the regime are disputing the election, you would be one of those I guess.

There can be little doubt that election was rigged. Only those who want to defend obama at all costs would think that was a fair and free election.
I repeat, the results are in disupte. Meaning that just who got how many votes is still in dispute, despite what you want to believe.

I'm getting more than a little tired of your snide insinuations.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:37 PM

Quote:
I repeat, the results are in disupte. Meaning that just who got how many votes is still in dispute, despite what you want to believe.
Now, just ask yourself; Do you think there is any chance at all of those results changing? You just keep waiting for the "official" results - I'm sure you'll believe it hook, line and sinker. There was nothing democratic, fair or free about that election and everybody other than obama's toadies realize it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or