U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-29-2009, 01:23 PM
 
Location: The Chatterdome in La La Land, CaliFUNia
38,854 posts, read 20,155,423 times
Reputation: 35901

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Such denial of reality. Honestly, it's foolish.


And to suggest that it's "simple" to get everybody in America (and the world) to abstain from what you define as risky behaviors is completely unrealistic.
No ... Continually engaging in risky sexual behaviors while knowing the risks is what I call denial of reality. "What I define as risky behaviors" are having multiple sexual partners and anal sex (That goes for both homo and heterosexuals). Those are the risky behaviors that can lead to AIDS transmission.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-29-2009, 01:25 PM
 
Location: Denver
965 posts, read 866,067 times
Reputation: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
And Larry Craig's wife, David Vitter's wife, Elliot Spitzer's wife, and John Edwards's wife.
Ted Haggart is an especially good example. Not only was this good Christian man cheating on his wife, he was cheating on his wife with a gay prostitute with whom he did meth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2009, 01:26 PM
 
Location: The Chatterdome in La La Land, CaliFUNia
38,854 posts, read 20,155,423 times
Reputation: 35901
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
Ted Haggart is an especially good example. Not only was this good Christian man cheating on his wife, he was cheating on his wife with a gay prostitute with whom he did meth.
Anyone (whether they are conservative or liberal) who knowingly engage in risky sexual behaviors unnecessarily places themselves at risk for AIDS and other STD's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2009, 01:27 PM
 
Location: Denver
965 posts, read 866,067 times
Reputation: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
No ... Continually engaging in risky sexual behaviors while knowing the risks is what I call denial of reality. "What I define as risky behaviors" are having multiple sexual partners and anal sex (That goes for both homo and heterosexuals). Those are the risky behaviors that can lead to AIDS transmission.
Just come out and say it. "Those" people with HIV/AIDS deserve it and are not worthy of our sympathy and compassion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2009, 01:28 PM
 
Location: Denver
965 posts, read 866,067 times
Reputation: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Anyone (whether they are conservative or liberal) who knowingly engage in risky sexual behaviors unnecessarily places themselves at risk for AIDS and other STD's.
I was just using him (haggart) as a counterexample to another poster's insisting that a good "clean" straight married couple has no need to have an HIV test.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2009, 01:29 PM
 
Location: um....guess
10,478 posts, read 13,858,503 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
No ... Continually engaging in risky sexual behaviors while knowing the risks is what I call denial of reality. "What I define as risky behaviors" are having multiple sexual partners and anal sex (That goes for both homo and heterosexuals). Those are the risky behaviors that can lead to AIDS transmission.
You are SIMPLY not listening or reading AUM's posts here, are you? It's basic logic & understanding of aids msconnie. You CAN get aids from just ONE unprotected sex session, ONE! You don't have to have multiple partners & you do not have to have anal sex. What is wrong w/you people that you can't even understand the basics of sex education??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2009, 01:29 PM
 
Location: The Chatterdome in La La Land, CaliFUNia
38,854 posts, read 20,155,423 times
Reputation: 35901
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
Just come out and say it. "Those" people with HIV/AIDS deserve it and are not worthy of our sympathy.
I do sympathize with folks who are suffering even if their actions brought about the suffering. I just think that folks need to get their heads out of the sand and start behaving responsibly! This whole AIDS epidemic is just so unnecessary!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2009, 01:32 PM
 
Location: The Chatterdome in La La Land, CaliFUNia
38,854 posts, read 20,155,423 times
Reputation: 35901
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
I was just using him (haggart) as a counterexample to another poster's insisting that a good "clean" straight married couple has no need to have an HIV test.
Well it's obvious that Mr. Haggard was not living a clean lifestyle. Should all married couples begin to be suspicious of their partners just because someone who professed to be clean wasn't so? There had to have been issues in this marriage for Haggard to go looking for an encounter with a prostitute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2009, 01:33 PM
 
Location: Denver
965 posts, read 866,067 times
Reputation: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
I do sympathize with folks who are suffering even if their actions brought about the suffering. I just think that folks need to get their heads out of the sand and start behaving responsibly! This whole AIDS epidemic is just so unnecessary!
Let's expand a little. What's your thought on the worldwide AIDS epidemic? Of the 40+ million people in the world with HIV/AIDS, only about 500,000 are in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2009, 01:33 PM
 
Location: The Chatterdome in La La Land, CaliFUNia
38,854 posts, read 20,155,423 times
Reputation: 35901
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
You are SIMPLY not listening or reading AUM's posts here, are you? It's basic logic & understanding of aids msconnie. You CAN get aids from just ONE unprotected sex session, ONE! You don't have to have multiple partners & you do not have to have anal sex. What is wrong w/you people that you can't even understand the basics of sex education??
Not if BOTH partners abstained from risky sexual behavior and intravenous drug use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top