Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 03:53 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,288,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hortysir View Post
Actually, Beck did a 2-part show where he did nothing but de-bunk the FEMA Concentration Camp urban legend.

Are the books mentioned in the OP a good read?
I haven't had the opportunity, personally.
I'm a King reader.
Glenn Beck has never bunked anything. He uses his chalk board to "prove" things by taking the first letter of random words that he has written down. What is he, the human Ouija board?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 04:42 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,550,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Glenn Beck has never bunked anything. He uses his chalk board to "prove" things by taking the first letter of random words that he has written down. What is he, the human Ouija board?

I'm sorry.
I must've imagined the guest that he had on that had reported from several of the supposed FEMA camps, only to show that they were nothing more than abandoned plants, warehouse, and such.
Speaking of Ouija.... Have you watched every episode? Much less one entire show?
How can you divine that he didn't air the de-bunking?

Old 02-26-2010, 04:47 PM

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/art...cle/198/23656/
Just a snippit for ya
Quote:
MEIGS: But sometimes if you just knock on the door and ask to be let inside, they are happy to let you in and show you around. That's exactly what we did. It's an ordinary Amtrak facility. What's particularly interesting, that video is almost 15 years old and

GLENN: This has actually come out during the Clinton administration, right?

MEIGS: That's exactly right. And what we see often is that nothing really goes away on the Internet and something can be debunked, disproven or just be totally out of date and yet someone will pull it up, they will reedit it, they will put it into new context and someone will come along and see it. And these things often look very credible. They look like they are produced by news organizations or, you know, if you go to these websites, they have lots of facts and figures and maps and things that look very legitimate and so it takes a little bit of effort sometimes to dig down and say, okay, what is the source of that and in some cases you need to go pick up the phone and go visit a facility and see for yourself and see that the reality's really not as scary as it it's being portrayed.

GLENN: They had scary gates, we'll show you the deal. They had prison bars and these turnstiles that were leading right into what they claimed were gas chambers.

MEIGS: Yes, actually those turnstiles aren't there anymore but that was a, it was a work facility and that was there. They had some kind of magnetic pass cars or something like that to let people around.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:44 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Reading it now.

So far awesome.

I am liking Beck more and more all the time.

The man is onto something.

Common Sense, get it and read it. You might be amazed.

And pick up Dick Morris new book also.

DickMorris.com

In our new book, Catastrophe, we spell out clearly how Obama has disarmed us in the war on terror and excoriate him for giving Hamas almost $1 billion in foreign aid funneled through the United Nations relief agency in Gaza that takes orders from Hamas.
Sunny-Days90 !!! ... The Book Is A Great Read & Then Some !!!!!

The Patriotic American will most appreciate the great history lessons within it's pages.

Thanks / Lamar

Old 02-26-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry.
I must've imagined the guest that he had on that had reported from several of the supposed FEMA camps, only to show that they were nothing more than abandoned plants, warehouse, and such.
Speaking of Ouija.... Have you watched every episode? Much less one entire show?
How can you divine that he didn't air the de-bunking?

That doesn't make sense in multiple ways.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:47 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleWA View Post
Glen Beck is an extreme right wing nut.
No he isn't! He is a hypocritical liar. All he does is sit on the right side of the Hegelian Dialectic. But if it becomes too clear that the extreme right wing base will actually take control, he will spin it out of direction. Ask Debra Medina, for example. Of all the things you wuld ask a potential governor of a state,,,he asks if she is a Truther. Who the hell cares? The only reason he did it was to discredit her to prop up Perry. But Sarah Palin is a REAL TRUTHER, who also supports Perry, and who Glenn supports.

Freakin Hypocrite. I used to think he was on to something, but now the truth has come to light.

Say what you mean, mean what you say. Please. What an a-hole.

YouTube - Musings Of Glenn Beck's 911 Truth Double Standards

Old 02-26-2010, 10:01 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,062,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar77 View Post
He looks like a grown up Ralphy from Christmas Story. I like to listen to him, but he can be passionate about his opinions.
LMAO Too funny!!! But so true!!!!

Old 02-27-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
That doesn't make sense in multiple ways.
Neither does highlighting the last half of my reply while ignoring the first.
But let me break it down for you:
You mentioned the Ouija.
You made a blanket statement about a program you obviously do not watch.
I'll repeat the question:
How can you divine (see: Ouija) that he didn't air a debunking episode?

Old 02-27-2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Neither does highlighting the last half of my reply while ignoring the first.
But let me break it down for you:
You mentioned the Ouija.
You made a blanket statement about a program you obviously do not watch.
I'll repeat the question:
How can you divine (see: Ouija) that he didn't air a debunking episode?
For your sake, I'll quote both of us and go slow, to meet you.

Quote:
Glenn Beck has never de-bunked anything. He uses his chalk board to "prove" things by taking the first letter of random words that he has written down. What is he, the human Ouija board?
Quote:
Actually, Beck did a 2-part show where he did nothing but de-bunk the FEMA Concentration Camp urban legend.

Are the books mentioned in the OP a good read?
I haven't had the opportunity, personally.
I'm a King reader.
What's that!? Your first sentence talks about debunking and so does mine! But you said I ignored it and that I highlighted the other part! What's happening!?

I never said he didn't air a "de-bunking" episode. I said that he never de-bunked anything.

How about you actually read the whopping 34 words I typed, before you go and say something like this.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:41 PM

1,273 posts, read 4,418,969 times
Beck's books are great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies