U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for a Muslim?
Yes 8 38.10%
No 13 61.90%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 01:00 AM

254 posts, read 428,705 times

Advertisements

During Obama's campaign, many conservatives accused him wrongly of being a Muslim. I'm wondering, provided he agreed with all your "family values" and low taxes, small government, etc.... Would you vote for a Muslim? Or does the faith of the candidate affect your vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 01:11 AM

8,640 posts, read 7,980,377 times
No, I have no interest in wearing a Burka. I'm pale enough as it is.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:13 AM

254 posts, read 428,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
No, I have no interest in wearing a Burka. I'm pale enough as it is.
Please don't make stupid remarks. I can't tell if you actually think you're going to be forced into wearing a burka or whether you're trying to antagonize.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:19 AM

3,983 posts, read 3,380,210 times
Muslim, Catholic, Protestant .... WTF ... who cares?

One of the hallmarks of this nation centers around the freedom of religion, does it not?

Ya ... I thought so too.

People need to just settle down and relax ... Freedom is just one step away for those who can put their religious prejudice away, and come to the table as a true American ..

as an aside;

I can see some Muslim tendencies in Obama's foreign policy ... does it make him a nutjob radical? Probably not .. He's too inexperienced and off the wall to be anything but your A-typical conservative left leaning Democrat ...

nuff said ..

Old 06-29-2009, 05:21 AM

6,237 posts, read 8,466,840 times
Yes, I would. As long as he's not a fundamentalist, and won't run the country into the ground, why not? The only people I vote for based on faith are my pastors, deacons and elders at church.

Old 06-29-2009, 06:01 AM

4,403 posts, read 4,611,706 times
No I wouldn't.One of my biggest fears for many years now is that women will eventually wear the burka in the U.S. I do feel we are moving in that direction. When I was growing up women looked sexy and glamorous. Today I see too much modesty. Lot's of women wearing sweats, sneakers and no makeup.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:11 AM

10,635 posts, read 16,646,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
No I wouldn't.One of my biggest fears for many years now is that women will eventually wear the burka in the U.S. I do feel we are moving in that direction. When I was growing up women looked sexy and glamorous. Today I see too much modesty. Lot's of women wearing sweats, sneakers and no makeup.
Expecting women to wear craploads of makeup, stockings, dresses, with perfect hair to please men, is basically the same thing as expecting them to wear a burqa.

Maybe we just like to be COMFORTABLE when running out to the store.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:11 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,290,880 times
There is a difference between a muslim and a fundementalist muslim --- kinda like there is a difference between a christian and a fundementalist christian.

I would never vote for a fundementalist anything. I don't care to be governed by a person who believes policy should be dictated by a bible or a koran.

But a run of the mill moderate muslim? Sure, why not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies