Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 08:53 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,202,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanCatholic View Post
Those of you championing UHC have absolutely no clue what your in for. As previously stated, your the mindless foot soldiers that voted for the dictator we have in office now. The majority are also likely childless, and therefor have never had to think of another human being and their future. The debt alone that this would cost our children is out of this world, not to mention the control it gives to government. The size of government is exploding. As government gets bigger, freedom gets smaller. For some reason you just don't get that. Or maybe you want the government dictating every aspect of your life, telling you what to think, what to eat, how long your going to live..........
Don't you have a teabagging party to attend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 08:54 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,488,465 times
60, with two grown children.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:00 PM

52 posts, read 89,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Don't you have a teabagging party to attend?
Typical liberal.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:01 PM

52 posts, read 89,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
So you would commit your future grandchildren to a debt they cannot possibly pay off with over 50% of their income going to federal taxes?

Old 07-01-2009, 09:04 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,488,465 times
No one can predict the future.

I used to be opposed to UHC. That was before DH worked for a small company. This was 20+ years ago, and the options for small companies were even worse than they are today. Our insurance sucked, and the owner of the co. spent many hours trying to find the best deals, etc. One day I asked DH if he (DH) thought the owner would prefer to just pay a tax and be done with it. DH agreed. It took a lot of time away from actually running the business to deal with all this insurance, and the coverage was lousy.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:23 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,833,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanCatholic View Post
Those of you championing UHC have absolutely no clue what your in for. As previously stated, your the mindless foot soldiers that voted for the dictator we have in office now. The majority are also likely childless, and therefor have never had to think of another human being and their future. The debt alone that this would cost our children is out of this world, not to mention the control it gives to government. The size of government is exploding. As government gets bigger, freedom gets smaller. For some reason you just don't get that. Or maybe you want the government dictating every aspect of your life, telling you what to think, what to eat, how long your going to live..........
Having used a UHC all my life i know EXACTLY what America would be letting themselves in for with a UHC. I know that a UHC works for every Single Citizen and i know it works well. I have Children and i want them to be able to have great health care without the fear of financial ruin. I know that the Anti UHC brigade have only Hearsay and third hand stories to base their arguments on and i know that America is in enormoue debt without a UHC being in place. You cannot blame a non existant UHC system for Americas now huge Debt. A UHC would be for the benefit of the health of the Nation. The Govt does NOT dictate your Treatment etc in a UHC, it is the Private Insurance Companies that Dictate what treatment you can or can't have. This is costing America a fortune and the American Health System is one of the most expensive Health Systems per capita in the World. The Govt DOES NOT tell you how to eat or how long you will live...in a UHC the Diaticians tell you what to eat and the Doctors tell you how they intend to treat you so that you live a healthy life, NOT the CEO's of a Insurance Company as is the case now.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:27 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,833,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Even if you had been 16..you talk a lot of sense. What the H*ll has your age got to do with anything...lmao

Old 07-05-2009, 09:25 AM

646 posts, read 1,637,629 times
America needs health care reform with a public option so that ALL Americans have access to quality, affordable, health care without fear of losing it when switching or losing a job, and being denied for having a pre-existing condition.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:35 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,764,069 times
If the government wasn't involved in health care in some way, the system would really be messed up.
People don't think about states where insurance companies are mandated to cover certain things most people are denied insurance for or something most insurance companies don't even want to cover. It's sad states have to even tell insurance companies NOT to deny certain things most of us would consider basic coverage.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:38 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,764,069 times
Free Our Health Care Now Online Petition

I guess they forgot insurance companies already stand between patients and their doctors. They already deny people coverage and sometimes take away insurance right before a costly procedure.

I can't see you being able to take insurance with you if you lose your jobs if you have private insurance. Most Americans receive their health care with their jobs, which is why tying employment to insurance is stupid. We see the mistakes of that with this current recession. People lose their jobs and then lose their health care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies