U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 07-01-2009, 08:09 AM

646 posts, read 419,507 times
We now have first lady Michelle "I have never been a proud American until my husband is president" Obama.It's sad that our leaders stand up and give a moment of silence for a pedophile like Michael Jackson,but some will not stand for the pledge.What kind of people are they
Quick reply to this message

Unread 07-01-2009, 08:10 AM

4,726 posts, read 3,964,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
We now have first lady Michelle "I have never been a proud American until my husband is president" Obama.It's sad that our leaders stand up and give a moment of silence for a pedophile like Michael Jackson,but some will not stand for the pledge.What kind of people are they
They are liberals, with a grand sense of entitlement. Its all about them.

Unread 07-01-2009, 08:12 AM

5,964 posts, read 6,380,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Incredible! Everything has turned into a battle between the Dems and the Repubs. They need to be focusing on what's good for the Country. Such childish and stupid antics they all display!!

Unread 07-01-2009, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Incredible! Everything has turned into a battle between the Dems and the Repubs. They need to be focusing on what's good for the Country. Such childish and stupid antics they all display!!

When have dems ever done anything that was good for the country?

Unread 07-01-2009, 08:16 AM

11,886 posts, read 23,503,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1025 View Post
This kind of post is why I get upset with most users here. Liberals now = Chavez and Castro idolizers? I love how people here think each person has a label they adhere to. So if you're a democrat you're a leftist, anti-patriotic, Castro-loving, inner city welfare recipient! Or an elitist with no sense of what "real America" is like. If you're a Republican you're blue collar, ignorant farmer (This is not an insult Iím just trying to prove a point, not insulting farmers!). Or a filthy rich, coal and oil-loving white man! Iím sick and tired of this two party system! Both parties are acting like morons! They both need to cut the cr*p and get to work! Thatís what we pay them for! Not for them to throw stupid temper tantrums!

Unread 07-01-2009, 08:21 AM

5,168 posts, read 3,178,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
It is in the hands of right-wingers. Patriotism is robbed of its meaning when it is reduced to pre-scripted ritual to be performed on command or signal. Citizens are robbed of their right to express patriotism when the very sentiment itself is hijacked and made part of a narrow and corrupt religous or political ideology. Those who love America do not enjoy seeing Americans encouraged or expected to behave like so many Chinese school children reading from Mao's Little Red Book...
Oh I see. But when fiscal conservatives are voicing their concerns that America is headed for dire economic times it is Just whining and complaining not wanting the best for our Country.

Hypocrisy all over the left!

Unread 07-01-2009, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Oh I see. But when fiscal conservatives are voicing their concerns that America is headed for dire economic times it is Just whining and complaining not wanting the best for our Country.

Hypocrisy all over the left!
Yeah, they love abortions, but hate the death penalty..more twisted hypocrisy from the "party of tolerance".

Unread 07-01-2009, 08:36 AM

10,483 posts, read 8,789,571 times
Quote:
.Anti-god,guns,babies,and america
That's right sistah! Power to the people! Down w/America, booo hisss!

Unread 07-01-2009, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1025 View Post
This kind of post is why I get upset with most users here. Liberals now = Chavez and Castro idolizers? I love how people here think each person has a label they adhere to. So if you're a democrat you're a leftist, anti-patriotic, Castro-loving, inner city welfare recipient! Or an elitist with no sense of what "real America" is like. If you're a Republican you're blue collar, ignorant farmer (This is not an insult Iím just trying to prove a point, not insulting farmers!). Or a filthy rich, coal and oil-loving white man! Iím sick and tired of this two party system! Both parties are acting like morons! They both need to cut the cr*p and get to work! Thatís what we pay them for! Not for them to throw stupid temper tantrums!
So well said and true....but unfortunately the sheep can only choose sides and keep forgetting that "we are ALL in this mess together."

Unread 07-01-2009, 08:39 AM

Quote:
The kind of people who are showing their true mentality; Jackson obviously is more important to them then standing for the Pledge. I noted in the video they were acting like a bunch of silly school children. My gawd, are we doomed or what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies