Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2009, 09:02 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,928,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Come on Soccersuporter. You and I know that you're very intelligent and literate. We both know what the intention was.
The intent was to open up dialog. I am sorry you are so cynical and can't understand but I see it everyday so I am use to it. So you don't think we need an complete overhaul in our government. I can respect that but I strongly disagree. The statistics on corruption, the good old boy mentality, and all the other crap in DC is disgusting. I have spent way more time investigating what it takes to even get the party to look at a candidate, yet alone support them. That goes for both parties. It is all a game and the sheep are playing right into the politicians hands. You can either be a part of partisan politics and live with the corruption or you can choose to attempt to make changes by letting them know that you won't put up with it anymore. The choice is yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 09:03 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,307,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
So changing parties is the same as changing sexual persuasion.

Interesting.

I in no way stated that.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:04 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,928,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopatta2d View Post
i in no way stated that.
Quote:
originally posted by gopatta2d
i agree that the actions of the gop (of late) have not been true to the core beliefs of the gop. I act locally in a manner that affects the party nationally.

I like girls. I met a few bad ones before i met my wife. I didn't turn to men just because a couple of the girls i dated early-on were nutty.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
If you take off your partisan blinders you will see the difference on the defecits. You may not agree with them, but acting like its the same is very telling about who is being honest here.
No Obama is Bush Lite with a spin. I didn't/don't agree with either so I can't blindly support either.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:11 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,844,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
The intent was to open up dialog. I am sorry you are so cynical and can't understand but I see it everyday so I am use to it. So you don't think we need an complete overhaul in our government. I can respect that but I strongly disagree. The statistics on corruption, the good old boy mentality, and all the other crap in DC is disgusting. I have spent way more time investigating what it takes to even get the party to look at a candidate, yet alone support them. That goes for both parties. It is all a game and the sheep are playing right into the politicians hands. You can either be a part of partisan politics and live with the corruption or you can choose to attempt to make changes by letting them know that you won't put up with it anymore. The choice is yours.
How convenient soccersupporter. Why is it that you attemping to oen a dialogue is always one way. If you were truly independant then you wouldn't engage in only an anti dem manner. How about standing for what you believe. Instead of acting like you're un affiliated while selling the goods.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:
No Obama is Bush Lite with a spin. I didn't/don't agree with either so I can't blindly support either.
You don't have to blindly support either, but when you act like they are the same you are telling us one of two things about yourself. You are saying that either you're being dishonest, or you only see the world in absolutes and therefore are unable to draw a realistic conclusion, because everything is either black or white.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
How convenient soccersupporter. Why is it that you attemping to oen a dialogue is always one way. If you were truly independant then you wouldn't engage in only an anti dem manner. How about standing for what you believe. Instead of acting like you're un affiliated while selling the goods.
Well if it were Bush and the Republicans that were in power I would be happy to post approval ratings but it does not do any good to post about the use to be in power party. You see the party in power is the party of corruption. You have got to hit the biggest target and that would be the Democrats right now. Did you check out Blowoutcongress.com? The people pushing it are conservative but really believe that the only way to get the politicians attention is to vote them all out. Everyday they pick a member of the house, Republican and Democrat alike. I wish some non-sheep Democrats would do the same but I can't seem to find any.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Well if it were Bush and the Republicans that were in power I would be happy to post approval ratings but it does not do any good to post about the use to be in power party. You see the party in power is the party of corruption. You have got to hit the biggest target and that would be the Democrats right now. Did you check out Blowoutcongress.com? The people pushing it are conservative but really believe that the only way to get the politicians attention is to vote them all out. Everyday they pick a member of the house, Republican and Democrat alike. I wish some non-sheep Democrats would do the same but I can't seem to find any.
You're not going to convince any in the way you are attempting. The biggest target would be politics as usual. You will find those targets on both sides of the aisle. By the way of course it's conservatives that want to vote incumbents out......because conservatives are out of power. The way to convince dems is to be nonpartisan and that is not something that you have been.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
You don't have to blindly support either, but when you act like they are the same you are telling us one of two things about yourself. You are saying that either you're being dishonest, or you only see the world in absolutes and therefore are unable to draw a realistic conclusion, because everything is either black or white.
Yes my world probably has more absolutes than yours. I do not put up with corruption with any party even if it means they suffer by losing my vote. I do not put up with politicians that do not serve the people. When I say Obama is Bush lite I mean he has carried on most of what Bush has, which is a fact. Then when you throw into the mix, the bailouts (Bush initiated) the power grabs, the broken promises, he is just another politicain but more dangerous in my eyes.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:27 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,154 times
Quote:
No you blindly voted for more of the same which is quite obvious.
I heard the same tripe in 2000; many votes that would otherwise have gone to Kerry went to Bush, and we have all seen that undeniably, life would be
very different had Bush not been installed in office. The same holds true for
2008. As to voting out representatives, it's been noted that many people call for that, but continue to re-elect their own representatives. Bit of a sticky
wicket, that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies