Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 03:31 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,790,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Wow, I just watched the video. These kids were a little mob, very threatening. They were shouting, "gay is not the way", "F**K F*GS", "Straight Power" and "I hate gays". This had to be very intimidating, and I feel bad for the gay dudes. Did anyone else also notice two cops walked by and just looked back and did nothing?

On a side note, how long until a leftist starts blaming white Christians conservatives, despite the fact that these punks were black Muslims?
I am not saying it is right, but wouldnt you think most police, who are typically very conservative, absolutely detest homosexuals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 03:32 PM

2 posts, read 3,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
oh boy, you cant debate the topic can you. or ecen refer to my post, can you?

i live in LA> i live in the hood. and yes i am smart, educated and enlightened.

i see kids,black and brown side by side. whatever doomsday image you have about diversity is unfounded.

you are dismissed. you would rather beleive tht this nation or world needs to be a monolith, i dont.

good luck. be sure to stock your bunker and go wait for armageddon. or the rapture or whatever catastrophe diversity will bring .
You don't seem enlightened, why would you live in the 'hood?

You don't see black and brown, side by side, neither in the high schools nor the prisons. You don't see Latinos dating black women. Latinos are pushing blacks out of the cities nationwide, into the older suburbs. There is a well documented Black exodus from LA, so they don't like all the Asians and Hispanics.

You lie.

Sorry, but other people live in big cities too....and they have eyes.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:38 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
I am not saying it is right, but wouldnt you think most police, who are typically very conservative, absolutely detest homosexuals?
I think you are right about most police of any race where gays are concerned. However, most police know they can't get by with the wrong treatment of any of the people they are there to help. Most of them know friends who went wild sometime and are now unemployed.

Policemen are usually willing to enforce the law equally for all. Doesn't the one video about the girl that got smacked in the head with a Bible and kicked in the shins by a gay demonstrator tell you anything? The police didn't run him since she wouldn't press charges. They were honest and did their jobs taking the guy out of the situation and I am sure letting him go after he cooled off.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:48 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I worry less about a group of teens then I do about the hate coming from the gay community. Should these azzholes also leave the ****ry since they do not know how to be civil? What ges around comes around.

YouTube - Gay Marriage Mob Violently Attacks Elderly Woman

YouTube - Gay Activist Attacks Female Christian Missionary In SF

YouTube - Radical Gays Storm Church!

YouTube - Radical Gays Storm Church!

YouTube - Gay Mob Threatens Church Group - U.S. - CBN News

as you can see there is still a lot of hate and ignorance in this country fromthe homosexual community....

There is a difference between prosylitizing your religion in the midst of people who really don't care to hear it and walking down the damn street.

I have no sympathies for people who are sticking their religion in my face - people who will not/cannot stop jabbering in great detail about what they do in the privacy of their own home. Frankly, it grosses me out to imagine them all on their knees. They clearly got what they deserved

Old 07-02-2009, 03:53 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
There is a difference between prosylitizing your religion in the midst of people who really don't care to hear it and walking down the damn street.

I have no sympathies for people who are sticking their religion in my face - people who will not/cannot stop jabbering in great detail about what they do in the privacy of their own home. Frankly, it grosses me out to imagine them all on their knees. They clearly got what they deserved
I have no sympathies for people who are sticking their sexuality in my face - people who will not/cannot stop jabbering in great detail about what they do in the privacy of their own bedroom. Frankly, it grosses me out to imagine them all on their knees.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:54 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times
no explanation needed other than to say that i have faith in my community and it is bouncing back from the turmoil that ravaged it in the 80's and 90's. since when is it ok to run when the going gets tough?

as for black and latinos. they mix. in the prisons its a different story, but i take the blue line in LA and the buses. i see the interactions. everyday i see mixed couples. mixed kids. and i am a product of such. when it was really a no no!

i dont lie, i know what i see. i lived this.

and changing your screen name will not fool anyone.

im real.

live
from
florence
and
graham

the

one

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckiecheez View Post
You don't seem enlightened, why would you live in the 'hood?

You don't see black and brown, side by side, neither in the high schools nor the prisons. You don't see Latinos dating black women. Latinos are pushing blacks out of the cities nationwide, into the older suburbs. There is a well documented Black exodus from LA, so they don't like all the Asians and Hispanics.

You lie.

Sorry, but other people live in big cities too....and they have eyes.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:59 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times
so walking down the street is them sticking their sexuality in your face?

thats all these guys were doing.

today on the train i saw this young couple get on. a guy and a girl. the guy is leaned up against the wall. the girl proceeds to lift one leg up, press up on him and they start necking! on the train. loud. it was classless.

is that them sticking their heterosexuality in anyones face? what if they were just holding hands? what say you? there just might be a double standard here, or are you also opposed to that. would me holding my girls hand in public be pushin anything in anyones face?

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
I have no sympathies for people who are sticking their sexuality in my face - people who will not/cannot stop jabbering in great detail about what they do in the privacy of their own bedroom. Frankly, it grosses me out to imagine them all on their knees.

Old 07-02-2009, 04:36 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
No comment on the actual video, huh? I condemned it right away. Why didn't you?
No need to condemn what is obviously ignorant. You and others just added pointless racial stereotypical ignorance.

Old 07-02-2009, 04:59 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times
pfft... allah, mohammad, and jesus... it's all hogwash...
I would have maced the little bastards and been on my merry way..
believe in whatever nonsense you want.. just don't think you can harrass people...

Old 07-02-2009, 05:06 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate14ri View Post
Have you guys watched this vid?

YouTube - Homophobic Harassment During Gay Pride

Cultures collided Sunday when a gay man was harassed by more than a dozen Somali youths while heading home after the Twin Cities GLBT Pride Festival. Shouting “I hate gay people,” “**** gay people,” and “Gay is not the way,” the youths followed the man for several blocks. The entire incident was caught on video.
The person who posted the video to YouTube wrote:
My friend and I were leaving the Gay Pride Festival … and came across a group of Somalian kids who asked my friend if he was gay. When he answered “yes”, they proceeded to harass him and me with verbal threats and even throwing rocks at my friend at one point.

Minnesota Independent: News. Politics. Media. » Cultures collide: Somali youth harass gay man at Pride
What do you guys think?

personally, I think if they truely don't like gay people, then they should go back to Africa where there are "none".
I don't particularly care for the gay lifestyle but I don't believe in harassing people.

Again, this is what Americans deserve for allowing all these foreigners to feel as if they can come here and dictate their social morality here in the nation we were born in.

Somali = Muslim = This problem is not going away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies