Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 04:21 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Actually the article reads more like a typical hate story.

Call pedophilia, a "gay" factor, and make sure to mention that the father was trying to get a "black" guy to have sex with his adopted son..
I was strictly referring to the title of the this thread and how tired I am of gay issues on the board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 04:24 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,947,765 times
Wow - talk about the media's suppression of relative facts. I guess ever more if it's goes against media talking points and is counter agenda, don't expect it to be reported.

Old 07-02-2009, 04:25 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
I was strictly referring to the title of the this thread and how tired I am of gay issues on the board.
I know, I've stated numerous times that someone could get the impression that 1/2 the population is gay simply by glancing over threads on CD.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:25 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,521,282 times
Can't blame me...I did not post it...LOL.....A Pedophile is a Pedophile.......straight/gay....does not matter, I feel sorry for the kid.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:29 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I know, I've stated numerous times that someone could get the impression that 1/2 the population is gay simply by glancing over threads on CD.
About half of the gay-related threads are started by posters who are anti-gay - just like this one.

Just sayin'.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:44 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Wow - talk about the media's suppression of relative facts. I guess ever more if it's goes against media talking points and is counter agenda, don't expect it to be reported.
Where's Rush Limbaugh on this? I'm not a listener.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:02 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,493,000 times
When I initially heard about this story, I was completely disgusted and infuriated that someone could abuse a sweet, innocent child in that manner. My heart poured out to that child and I felt such a tremendous degree of sympathy for him. The abuser will get his day in court and I hope that spends the rest of his days locked behind bars dealing with his fair share of prison justice. But, there is no way in the world that anyone should use this case as a means of pushing their political (anti-gay) agenda. It really makes you look petty and uninterested in what the little boy had to endure.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Old 07-02-2009, 07:05 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,645,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Like World Nuts Daily reports the full truth huh?
But that isn't the point here and none of you are discussing the actual point of the OP which is the fact that this man, accused of raping a 5 year old, has children at home. If this were a str8 man the first thing you would hear on the new is that he's a married man with children. But since this is a gay man, they have chosen to leave that out of the story for fear it will attract negative attention towards gay people in general. Admit it or not, anything "gay" is a pet issue for the mainstream media. They only want to report the good things and leave out anything negative. Gay people want total equality, right? Well then they will eventually have to learn to deal with negative press just like everyone else does.

Now, with that being said I will say this is definately not something that needs to be broadcast nationwide. OK, the man is gay and he has kids at home. And, he possibly committed a very heinous crime. But the fact is 99% of gay people do not have these types of tendencies. Every gay person I know is a very loving and caring person. Two of my best girl friends in the world are gay. And putting the fact that he is gay on the air will just ruin any progress these people have made. You can't label everyone by the actions of a few, but sadly in our society that is exactly what happens and if everyone heard this gay child rapist had children at home, it would be another field day of hate speech and ridicule for all gay people.

What I think should happen is: the child living with him should be removed until the man is either found innocent or proven guilty. I think the man's partner should be questioned about any strange activity in the home. I think the children living with them should be lightly questioned about their home life. Standard stuff when dealing with a child abuse case. You have to make sure there aren't other victims. But this should be handled like any other case. No special treatment, but no airing of personal info. that is actually completely irrelevent to the story. Yes, the man is gay. Do gay people hold the market on child abuse. Not at all. The only thing about this man we need to know is that he is a child molester. His sexual orientation really has nothing to do with it.

PS. I know my post probably seems crazy because one minute I am saying the press needs to be even handed and on the other I am saying they shouldn't air it. The reason is while I want equality for everyone and everything, I understand now is not the time to be bringing more hell down on gay people. Straight people just aren't ready to accept news like that as if they were hearing about a str8 man committing the same crime. They will automatically equate this with "all gay people are evil and bad" And like I said, this man's sexual orientation has nothing to do with his crime. There are thousands of supposedly str8 men sitting in jail right now for abusing little boys. There are thousands of child molesters sitting in jail right now, period. But when you say "oh, and he's gay!" that just blows the roof off of everything and all of a sudden all gay people are pedophiles again. That's what I don't want to happen.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 07-02-2009 at 09:02 PM..

Old 07-02-2009, 07:10 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
About half of the gay-related threads are started by posters who are anti-gay - just like this one.

Just sayin'.
and what percentage of anti-gays are in the closet themselves

Old 07-02-2009, 07:23 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,521,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
But that isn't the point here and none of you are discussing the actual point of the OP which is the fact that this man, accused of raping a 5 year old, has children at home. If this were a str8 man the first thing you would hear on the new is that he's a married man with children. But since this is a gay man, they have chosen to leave that out of the story for fear it will attract negative attention towards gay people in general. Admit it or not, anything "gay" is a pet issue for the mainstream media. They only want to report the good things and leave out anything negative. Gay people want total equality, right? Well then they will eventually have to learn to deal with negative press just like everyone else does.

Now, with that being said I will say this is definately not something that needs to be broadcast nationwide. OK, the man is gay and he has kids at home. And, he possibly committed a very heinous crime. But the fact is 99% of gay people do not have these types of tendencies. Every gay person I know is a very loving and caring person. Two of my best girl friends in the world are gay. And putting the fact that he is gay on the air will just ruin any progress these people have made. You can't label everyone by the actions of a few, but sadly in our society that is exactly what happens and if everyone heard this gay child rapist had children at home, it would be another field day of hate speech and ridicule for all gay people.

What I think should happen is: the child living with him should be removed until the man is either found innocent or proven guilty. I think the man's partner should be questioned about any strange activity in the home. I think the children living with them should be lightly questioned about their home life. Standard stuff when dealing with a child abuse case. You have to make sure there aren't other victims. But this should be handled like any other case. No special treatment, but no airing of personal info. that is actually completely irrelevent to the story. Yes, the man is gay. Do gay people hold the market on child abuse. Not at all. The only thing about this man we need to know is that he is a child molester. His sexual orientation really has nothing to do with it.

PS. I know my post probably seems crazy because one minute I am saying the press needs to be even handed and on the other I am saying they shouldn't air it. The reason is while I want equality for everyone and everything, I understand now is not the time to be bringing more hell down on gay people. Straight people just aren't ready to accept news like that as if they were hearing about a str8 man committing the same crime. They will automatically equate this with "all gay people are evil and bad" As like I said, this man's sexual orientation has nothing to do with his crime. There are thousands of supposedly str8 men sitting in jail right now for abusing little boys. There are thousands of child molesters sitting in jail right now, period. But when you say "oh, and he's gay!" that just blows the roof off of everything and all of a sudden all gay people are pedophiles again. That's what I don't want to happen.
Thank you for your P.S........you understand why we are a bit hypersensitive, since, as you pointed out...some will say...see how those gays behave; but if it were a straight guy he would just be a bad apple in the barrel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies