Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 07:29 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,275,515 times

Advertisements

Jenny Sanford: 'I Am Willing To Forgive Mark'

She says she will "forgive" him in order to "save" their marriage. Save it from what? It's a bit late, isn't it? Who would want to remain married to a man who has publicly declared his love for another woman? Who has publicly called this other woman his "soul mate"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 07:31 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,464,470 times
It's a tawdry B rated soap opera - and I, for one, don't give a rat's ass what either of the Sanfords do about their marriage. I just want them to go away. Their marriage is not my business. They both need to shut the hell up and just - go away.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:33 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,032,108 times
The marraige is obviously not working out if someone is having an affair.. In any case if she forgives her husband I will completely lose respect for her, just like I did for Hillary Clinton when she forgave her husband almost immediately after his affair, and with a smile on her face too. I believe it shows a lack of a backbone and a lack of morals, Jenny Sanford should kick Mark to the curb.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:37 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,331,443 times
Uhh, not publicly, private emails that got leaked.

Even I, a far Right Republican hoped the John Edwards' wife would find comfort, however she could. Obviously you can't separate politics from private life if you are rooting for someone's personal misery. I bet you are the type that cheers when you hear about a Republican politician having a heart attack.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:38 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,580,765 times
They both need therapy, especially her. He totally humiliated her for all the world to see

Old 07-02-2009, 07:40 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,331,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
In any case if she forgives her husband I will completely lose respect for her, just like I did for Hillary Clinton when she forgave her husband almost immediately after his affair, and with a smile on her face too.
How is forgiveness a bad thing? I guess that every time someone has an affair we should automatically annul the marriage, by your logic. I am totally against any sex outside of marriage, but people make very big mistakes, that's what grace is for. I pray that you find the forgiveness that you hate so much.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:46 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,464,470 times
Here's the bottom line. No one knows what goes on behind closed doors. None of us knows what really occurs in ANYONE else's marriage. Only those 2 people know, and even they may have their own versions of events.

It is not my business what they do about their marriage. It is horrid that their private issues have become public. That is why I say - they both need to just shut up and go away. And the rest of us don't have any right to judge one way or the other, b/c it is not our business.

Whatever the SC Legislature decides to do about Sanford is a matter of state business. If they feel he cannot govern effectively, then that is for them to work out. But when it comes to someone's marriage - the public needs to just back off. For all I know, the Mrs. could be mentally ill and hell to live with. For all I know, Sanford is a wonderful father. We don't know these things!!! And we don't need to know.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:56 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,143,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
The marraige is obviously not working out if someone is having an affair.. In any case if she forgives her husband I will completely lose respect for her, just like I did for Hillary Clinton when she forgave her husband almost immediately after his affair, and with a smile on her face too. I believe it shows a lack of a backbone and a lack of morals, """""

Baloney! It only shows that a marriage is only between two people....in other words...ONLY they know what their marriage consists of, only THEY make the "rules", only THEY know what their plans and goals are.....no two marriages are the same nor do people stay together for the same reasons.

BTW, IF Hillary had divorced Bill she would have been criticized for giving up too easily, not working to make the marriage stay intact, not being forgiving,..blah,blah, blah...SHE had an agenda and stuck to it....very strong woman!

"""Jenny Sanford should kick Mark to the curb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayannaaaliyah View Post
They both need therapy, especially her. He totally humiliated her for all the world to see

He humiliated HIMSELF!

Old 07-02-2009, 08:00 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,847,411 times
canerican wrote;
Quote:
Uhh, not publicly, private emails that got leaked.
Nope, her talking to the AP, on tape is not "leaked emails", it's about as "public as it gets"

Same for him saying the "soul mate" and "love" lines on camera.

golfgod

Old 07-02-2009, 08:03 PM

817 posts, read 853,006 times
Unless you live in South Carolina why do any of you care? Is it because he's a Republican?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies