U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 07-02-2009, 08:24 PM
 
Location: Denver
829 posts, read 821,979 times
Reputation: 862
Default Health Insurance Company Lies Make the News Again!

Here's a story about health insurance companies dumping clients when they have to pay anything...

It also talks about how they are creating a media campaign filled with lies in order to defeat current efforts at health care reform.

Health insurance companies are filled with creeps.

Ex-executive accuses insurance giant of 'purging' customers - CNN.com
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-02-2009, 08:25 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
74,352 posts, read 34,468,271 times
Reputation: 17811
I would imagine you are for Obama's big health reform bill that will just make insurance cheap ?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2009, 08:26 PM
 
Location: Earth
24,641 posts, read 14,312,024 times
Reputation: 11079
They had almost 20 years to reform themselves.
They didn't do it.
I'm glad the lies are being exposed.
I hope people listen.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2009, 08:50 PM
 
Location: Florida
221 posts, read 124,176 times
Reputation: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I would imagine you are for Obama's big health reform bill that will just make insurance cheap ?
I can se over the years how the insrance premiums have gone up and up and how the bonuses of the company ceo's have gone up and up and how the countrys health structure has gone down and down. Tell me how any kind of uhc could be worse for the millions od underinsured or uninsured in America. We all know that insurance companys do everything they can to avoid paying for treatment, it is only the naive that thinks our health companys are there for us and not their huge profits.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2009, 08:56 PM
 
Location: Denver
829 posts, read 821,979 times
Reputation: 862
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I would imagine you are for Obama's big health reform bill that will just make insurance cheap ?
Okay Tex, this article points out that the health insurance companies are fabricating complete lies in order to mislead the public about the consequences of national health care. Obviously they know it's a better system or they wouldn't be afraid to compete! Keep in mind that the money that they are using to create these lies should be getting used for health care!

At the same time, they are "purging" their roles of any clients who actually file a claim! That means that even if you have insurance right now, the minute you get sick they will drop you!

And this is better because?

But to answer your question more directly, yes, I am for a government option for health care that is both cheaper and better. And anything is better than a system that you pay into for years, only to be "purged" when you get sick!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2009, 09:00 PM
 
Location: Midwest
20,062 posts, read 8,401,993 times
Reputation: 4272
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I would imagine you are for Obama's big health reform bill that will just make insurance cheap ?
What good is insurance, expensive or cheap, if it they don't come through if you need them. Many health insurance companies are white collar scammers.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2009, 09:01 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,891 posts, read 9,086,864 times
Reputation: 3105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Okay Tex, this article points out that the health insurance companies are fabricating complete lies in order to mislead the public about the consequences of national health care. Obviously they know it's a better system or they wouldn't be afraid to compete! Keep in mind that the money that they are using to create these lies should be getting used for health care!

At the same time, they are "purging" their roles of any clients who actually file a claim! That means that even if you have insurance right now, the minute you get sick they will drop you!

And this is better because?

But to answer your question more directly, yes, I am for a government option for health care that is both cheaper and better. And anything is better than a system that you pay into for years, only to be "purged" when you get sick!

Well that is not exactly what it says. It says one former employee is accusing the industry of these things.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2009, 09:02 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
74,352 posts, read 34,468,271 times
Reputation: 17811
Don't make insurance cheap..you have not fixed the problem.

Get rid of insurance for all but hospitalization and catostraphic care.
Prices will come down..competition will do it naturally. There's plenty of doctors out there who would gladly bypass any and all insurance and deal directly with patients as it lowers their cost and they get their money immediately.
Have the government investigate why drugs are sky high in cost. Make buying a generic drug the patient's choice.
Do something with malpractice. The threat of malpractice have doctors scrambling ordering every test on earth for someone because if they don't that patient might sue.

Now, you can have a plan where everyone can get true healthcare.

Years ago you only had insurance for hospitalization. The doctor charged reasonable fees and prescriptions didn't cost an arm and leg.

Do you think the government is going to process all these new insurance forms under Obama's plan ? NO. They will outsource it to the very insurance companies you dispise. Costs will not go down.
There will be a subsidy here that we as taxpayers will get hit with. I suspect there will be plenty of new paperwork as well to go along with this plan.

No, I don't think Obama's plan is reform. I think it's a cheap bandaid to soothe the crying masses.

edit: For the record, I'm not against health reform. I think this country needs it. I just don't believe the current proposal will work.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2009, 09:05 PM
 
Location: Midwest
20,062 posts, read 8,401,993 times
Reputation: 4272
Too many people die because they don't have health insurance. Here is the story of a young man from my community who died at 27 because he had no health insurance.

Michael Troy Wieser memorial
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2009, 09:06 PM
 
Location: Florida
221 posts, read 124,176 times
Reputation: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Okay Tex, this article points out that the health insurance companies are fabricating complete lies in order to mislead the public about the consequences of national health care. Obviously they know it's a better system or they wouldn't be afraid to compete! Keep in mind that the money that they are using to create these lies should be getting used for health care!

At the same time, they are "purging" their roles of any clients who actually file a claim! That means that even if you have insurance right now, the minute you get sick they will drop you!

And this is better because?

But to answer your question more directly, yes, I am for a government option for health care that is both cheaper and better. And anything is better than a system that you pay into for years, only to be "purged" when you get sick!
You bring up many interesting points and i agree with what you say.
Some things i have noticed since becoming involved and actually looking into this health debate are, why in one breath do some posters on here say that a uhc would not work or would give a worse service than todays system and in the next breath say that having a uhc would mean the insurance companies not being able to compete with a uhc and becoming extinct. Both can not be true.
Why is their such fierce argument to keep a health structure that blatantly refuses treatment to many and completely fails millions of Americans?
Are these people insane? They seem to be the type that would stay with a bank even if it was swindling them out of their money just because they are afraid of change.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top