Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 08:35 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,565,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
illegal aliens are 'wingnuts'?

how very, very odd
Maybe it's time to have them start paying their way too.

It's about time that those who demand the government provide them health insurance realize that it shouldn't be completely free and that they should be required to start paying in.

$1000 a year in't bad at all for a health insurance plan, and there should also be a deductible and co-pays. That's how insurance works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 08:41 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,565,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Americans crying for a nanny state and universal health care, but don't want to cough up 1,000 clams for the coverage....America is becoming a nation of co-dependant adult children.
I'm all for this plan if it's as good as it sounds. Let those who are already responsible and pay for their own private health insurance plan continue as they are, leave them alone because they already have things worked out, but those who are demanding a government plan could be given one but they pay.

People who expect their lives to be a total complete free ride are bringing down our country and it's time they get over that total dependency way of thinking. Anyone can manage to get some kind of work that gets $1000 a year. It might mean giving up the plans for the new iPhone, maybe a few months of cable television, a couple trips to the mall, or delay buying a new car.

Old 07-05-2009, 09:02 AM

7,910 posts, read 9,115,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Maybe it's time to have them start paying their way too.

It's about time that those who demand the government provide them health insurance realize that it shouldn't be completely free and that they should be required to start paying in.

$1000 a year in't bad at all for a health insurance plan, and there should also be a deductible and co-pays. That's how insurance works.
I thought that the $1,000 was the fine, not the cost of the plan. If "Obamacare" can get health insurance premiums to $1,000 a year for the middle class while still providing services I'd think it to be miraculous.

Old 07-05-2009, 10:59 AM

23,661 posts, read 23,982,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Between this and cap & trade will anyone have money left over from their paychecks ?
Nope - it's all going to go to either the government or the insurance corporations, which will probably end up being a government run industry, like banking and the auto industry has become, so it's looking like all the money you earn will be headed to the government...

...but don't worry. They'll tell you which days of the week you can go wait in the bread line.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:45 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,321,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

That $1000 is not the cost of the plan. That is the fine you pay if you don't participate.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:22 PM

3,090 posts, read 3,959,531 times
I thought only the uninsured had to pay $1,000 if they opted out. If I opt out of the UHC because I choose to keep my private health insurance, will I still have to pay the $1,000? If so, is that for every member of my family? That would not be a happy event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
I thought that the $1,000 was the fine, not the cost of the plan. If "Obamacare" can get health insurance premiums to $1,000 a year for the middle class while still providing services I'd think it to be miraculous.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:23 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,321,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
I thought only the uninsured had to pay $1,000 if they opted out. If I opt out of the UHC because I choose to keep my private health insurance, will I still have to pay the $1,000? If so, is that for every member of my family? That would not be a happy event.
No you would not have to pay a fine, but there is talk in Congress that those who keep their private plans may get taxed on them.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:28 PM

3,090 posts, read 3,959,531 times
Okay. +1 to you for explaining. I had heard about the taxes and was hoping it wasn't going to be both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No you would not have to pay a fine, but there is talk in Congress that those who keep their private plans may get taxed on them.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:37 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,336,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

Proposals. (from the article: "The new proposals were released as Congress neared the end of a weeklong July 4 break")

Not part of a bill. (at this time)

Funny how these un-named Senate aides, have all the answers.

Wonder who they are working for?

Old 07-05-2009, 01:39 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,113,306 times
It has NOTHING to do with providing better or more affordable health care. Why can't people see that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies