Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 09:31 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,465,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
i am self employed so i canot live off you.i like it that way. i know many idiots that lived beyond thier means screw them lesson learned. i don't need or wan't to suport loosers with cable TV and all thier other frills I don't have that stuff and don't want it . they can go make thier own way like i have it means working and planning not voting for an idiot who promises it for free
Thank you for spewing a bunch of absurd irrelevant stereotypes. This was greatly appreciated. I hope you're not a self-employed english teacher or an editor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Yes, a government is far more than its military. But a government cannot "protect" its citizens from starvation and homelessness while the government itself is penniless and going begging around the world for debt-backing.

How clueless can you Dems be? No other nation dares step into the deep hole that we have dug for ourselves since January.
Says you..Our people should ALWAYS be the first people taken care of. Folks of your ilk want to increase military spending. Why?

Also, what's your solution? Let people starve like we're a 3rd world country. Have children in the streets? Nah..I'm not clueless, just selfless.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:38 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,617,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Says you..Our people should ALWAYS be the first people taken care of. Folks of your ilk want to increase military spending. Why?

Also, what's your solution? Let people starve like we're a 3rd world country. Have children in the streets? Nah..I'm not clueless, just selfless.
That's fine. Just don't ever confuse the term "government" with "selfless".

Old 07-11-2009, 06:13 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,904,897 times
Quote:
Thank you for spewing a bunch of absurd irrelevant stereotypes. This was greatly appreciated. I hope you're not a self-employed english teacher or an editor.
And we hope you're not in a place to make decisions in government or a psych doc.

Old 07-11-2009, 01:26 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,845,984 times
The poor who visit the free health clinic here all have cell phones and i-pods and gameboys!

Old 07-11-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
And we hope you're not in a place to make decisions in government or a psych doc.
I am..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
The poor who visit the free health clinic here all have cell phones and i-pods and gameboys!
So the poor can't listen to music, play video games or posses a phone? Sterotype 101..Just because someone can't afford healthcare insurance, that doesn't mean they aren't employed and worth a few small luxuries. Regular healthcare costs a lot more than any of the cheap items you listed. Is a microwave too much, how about a dishwasher,a fridge or a washer/dryer..Where do you draw your sterotypical "poor people dont deserve" line?

Old 07-11-2009, 02:01 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,166,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
And they have shoes

Old 07-11-2009, 02:21 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,364,617 times
Quote:

So the poor can't listen to music, play video games or posses a phone? Sterotype 101..Just because someone can't afford healthcare insurance, that doesn't mean they aren't employed and worth a few small luxuries. Regular healthcare costs a lot more than any of the cheap items you listed. Is a microwave too much, how about a dishwasher,a fridge or a washer/dryer..Where do you draw your sterotypical "poor people dont deserve" line?
I agree, and I would like to add. It's always something. When color TVs were still considered a "luxury", people would say "they have color TVs!". When cable became popular, ditto. Ditto cell phones, etc. Actually, watching TV is pretty cheap entertainment. Lots of people have cell phones instead of a land line. I would hate to live in today's society w/o a phone. Consumer electronics are fairly inexpensive, and they are marketed agressively. I don't have an I-pod or game boy, but some of my colleagues do.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:24 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,845,984 times
God bless those who started these grassroot TEA Parties. It looks like they will be long-lived.

Old 07-12-2009, 02:07 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,527,709 times
It would appear that the liberal media are the only ones saying that the parties have lost steam. Say it often enough and loud enough and just hope that someone will believe it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies