Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will Ditz's resignation affect the Republican Party?
It will help the party 25 18.66%
It will hurt the party 29 21.64%
It will neither help nor hurt the party 80 59.70%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 02:58 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,352,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I think you have to back track a bit for the real culprits. The ones that had eight corruption filled lack of oversight years to destroy us.
Like OFHEO?

Old 07-14-2009, 03:02 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,650,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Washington Post, she writes for the Washington Post. Oh, I'm sorry, you said read didn't you? Who reads magazines and newspapers with the Internet a click away? Kinda stupid question on Couric's part. Maybe that's why her ratings set new records for the CBS evening news. Wanna know the dirty little secret here? They are lining up for Palin. She's the hottest ticket in town and is going to make a ton of money, write articles and books and be on talk shows. None of this would be happening if liberals would have simply let her be. But NO, you people had to continue sniping at her with false accusations and personal attacks on her and her family. So you got what you wanted.
Oh man. Dream on, dude.

First, most politicians do read newspapers regularly; if not the physical newspaper, they do look at their websites. The Washington Post and The New York Times are still very widely read by those in high political positions and those who wish to be. Palin could have at least mentioned her hometown paper if she couldn't come up with anything else.

Second, it isn't liberals who are responsible for Palin's fame. It's Palin herself. I don't hate her. I just enjoy watching her and commenting on her antics. She LOVES attention. If she didn't, she wouldn't grant interviews to the news media as often as she does - and it's very often. She also wouldn't have public feuds with the likes of Levi Johnston and David Letterman. She loves being the center of a story.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:07 AM

[quote=Metlakatla;9751868]Excuse me, but it is not my opinion that the city of Wasilla hired a city administrator for the first time shortly after Palin became mayor. It's a fact.

The trillion dollar debt is another thread, another discussion.[/quote]

The thread is about Palin writing for the Washington Post?

That has what to do with having hired help in Wasilla?

The way I look at it, she created at least one job and that's more than BO ever has.

"Our nation's debt is unsustainable, and the federal government's reach into the private sector is unprecedented."

Did you read the article?

Old 07-14-2009, 03:08 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,169,472 times
Quote:
Washington Post, she writes for the Washington Post. Oh, I'm sorry, you said read didn't you? Who reads magazines and newspapers with the Internet a click away? Kinda stupid question on Couric's part. Maybe that's why her ratings set new records for the CBS evening news. Wanna know the dirty little secret here? They are lining up for Palin. She's the hottest ticket in town and is going to make a ton of money, write articles and books and be on talk shows. None of this would be happening if liberals would have simply let her be. But NO, you people had to continue sniping at her with false accusations and personal attacks on her and her family. So you got what you wanted.

Now that's putting lipstick on a pig. The truth is Americans will drive 1000 miles to see a train wreck. She's just the latest train wreck.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
She really does seem to function primarily in the limbic portion of the brain.
As if you needed another reason to find her creepy:

Chip Berlet: Sarah Palin and Christian Dominionist Theocracy

And this as well:

YouTube - Sarah Palin: Stealth Dominionist

Well, if that freaky music in the background won't convice you, nothing will.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
No way. She is much more valuable and effective without the constraints of public office.

Has anyone read her piece?

It is excellent and makes a lot of sense.

She said what I've been saying for a long time. Energy needs to be plentiful and affordable in order to grow the economy. Why can't the democrats figure that one out? Carter wanted us to put on Cardigans and freeze in the dark. Not much has changed on that side of the isle.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:34 AM

2,104 posts, read 1,441,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
You run your keyboard here all the time on such matters and are far less qualified.
Why isn't she entitled to share her opinion?
*gut busting laughter*

Because, dear sir or madame, Sarah Palin wants to be president, and the poster you are addressing is just a poster on the internet.

But then, you already knew that didn't you?

Old 07-14-2009, 04:37 AM

2,104 posts, read 1,441,662 times
Quote:
She said what I've been saying for a long time. Energy needs to be plentiful and affordable in order to grow the economy. Why can't the democrats figure that one out? Carter wanted us to put on Cardigans and freeze in the dark. Not much has changed on that side of the isle.
Oh gosh! Carter wanted us to exercise some self control. What a horrible thing to suggest during an ENERGY crisis!

Every time I think you can't outdo your previous silliness, you surprise me!

Old 07-14-2009, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
And this is exactly why the GOP Tent is getting smaller and smaller...

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere

Old 07-14-2009, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
Now that's putting lipstick on a pig. The truth is Americans will drive 1000 miles to see a train wreck. She's just the latest train wreck.

Seems they'll also buy her books. She gets six million for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies