Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will Ditz's resignation affect the Republican Party?
It will help the party 25 18.66%
It will hurt the party 29 21.64%
It will neither help nor hurt the party 80 59.70%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 03:26 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
I hope she seeks legal action against bloggers and other posters that have spread slanderous lies about her and her family on the internet. I wonder if any on this forum should be worried.....
Oooh! Oooh! Can I be first? I would love to be sued by Sarah Palin for something I wrote in a blog!!!!! It would make me famous and rich and definitely get me a job writing for Stephen Colbert. Cool!

And if she wants to sue, may I suggest this one:

"I can see it now, in June 2010 she's handed the presidency after McCain realizes the stress of being POTUS took too heavy a toll on his health.

She does the job for two weeks, then, on July 3rd....

Sarah: Todd! This job is boring. I thought bein' the POTUS would be kinda fun dontcha know. But they just want me to go to one meetin' after another, and do nothing but signin' papers.

Todd: C'mon babe, it was fun exiling that Letterman dude to Antarctica, wasn't it?

Sarah: Oh my, yes that was a hoot. Now he wishes he'd paid attention to my interviews about how to kill a moose, oh you betcha. But other than that, this job is no fun. I wanna do something mavericky.

Todd: Well, you could take Air Force One over to Putin's house and leave some burning dog poop on his door step... or, I know-- why not invite some singers over? You could get that guy who sings "Take This Job and Shove It!"

Sarah: Oh every POTUS has to honor the country singers this month, that's not mavericky. Oooh! Oooh! I know, instead of just singing about it, I'll say it for real. Take This Job and Shove It, America! I quit as President. In three weeks, I'm handing over the reigns to Nancy Pelosi. How 'bout that for going rogue!!!!

Todd: Babe, I love it when you get all mavericky like that."

Old 07-05-2009, 03:27 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,274,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Where in her speech does she threaten any kind of lawsuit?
I was not referring to a threat in her speech. I was referring to the threat she issued yesterday.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:28 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Bush ruined the economy. CHECK.
Sorry, that's not going to fly anymore - this is obama's mess, since he made it 10 times worse with his massive spending and coming taxation.

Quote:
Obama's foreign policy moves have been brilliant. CHECK.
Yeah, that's why he was FORCED to tell the world whose side he was on - the murderous Iranian regime or the democracy protesters. We still are not sure. And now it seems he might be getting a clue he should be against the likes of chavez, castro twins, ortega - that was really a telling thing, the POTUS aligning himself with the evil stooges.

Quote:
He did not pal around with terrorists. (Unless, of course, you think the Annenberg Foundation is run by terrorists.) CHECK.
Bill Ayers was a domestic terrorist - he was pals with him.

Anything else you'd like straightened out for you?

Old 07-05-2009, 03:28 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You must agree that all those frivolous ethics charges (have any succeeded?) have been a distraction and there is a cost to defend such things.

Not to mention the constant, never ending Palin bashing engaged by people of your ilk.

What was your opinion of Palin before she was selected by McCain? Didn't she have a 70% approval rating?

The "people of your ilk" comment was rude, Sanrene. Please try to control yourself.

My opinion of the gov. before she was selected by McCain...I wasn't thrilled with her stance on subsistence hunting and fishing (which seemed to favor out state sports hunters and fishers over the actual residents of rural communities).

Don't forget that the approval rating--which is pretty much in the ditch now, by the way--included those who rated her as doing a "fair" job. I may have given her that rating myself had I been asked.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Sorry, that's not going to fly anymore - this is obama's mess, since he made it 10 times worse with his massive spending and coming taxation.

Yeah, that's why he was FORCED to tell the world whose side he was on - the murderous Iranian regime or the democracy protesters. We still are not sure.

Bill Ayers was a domestic terrorist - he was pals with him.

Bush ruined economy. And denial of that fact "is not going to fly any more."

Iranians, in general, were exceedingly satisfied with Obama's response to the crisis. Even if you weren't.

Obama doesn't "pal" with Bill Ayers.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:30 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
You mean like the "unrelenting"--and I might add "mean spirited and baseless"--attacks she made on Barack Obama?

The woman is a fraud. She poses as a victim because she knows that her clueless, equally loony base will buy it--hook, line, and sinker.

Her observations about Barack Obama were factual, though. He really did/does(?) have some very questionable associations (Ayers, Wright, ACORN..). They were valid points that she brought up during the campaign.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:31 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,204,023 times
Quote:
Which ones?

That he would ruin the economy with his tax and spend policies - CHECK.

That he was a total dangerous neophyte when it comes to foreign policy (see Iran, NK, Honduras, Hamas, Israel) - CHECK.

That he would annex private business for more government control (see Chrysler & GM) - CHECK

That he palled around with terrorists - CHECK.

All true and the predictions have come to fruition.
"Predictions" - she is now some sort of GOP soothsayer?

Bush inherited a country that was still running on track when he started his presidency, while Obama inherited a mess from h*ll when he started his presidency along with a bunch of blood-thirsty hyenas (Fox News, Limbaugh, etc.) who howl 24/7.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:31 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
The "people of your ilk" comment was rude, Sanrene. Please try to control yourself.
You first - notice the "mod cut"?

Old 07-05-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post

My opinion of the gov. before she was selected by McCain...I wasn't thrilled with her stance on subsistence hunting and fishing (which seemed to favor out state sports hunters and fishers over the actual residents of rural communities).

Don't forget that the approval rating--which is pretty much in the ditch now, by the way--included those who rated her as doing a "fair" job. I may have given her that rating myself had I been asked.
The hilarious thing is that if this were a Democratic governor, the right-wing posters would be in venomous attack mode.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:32 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
The troopergate issue. She filed it with the proper authority. Case closed.

What about the other numerous complaints filed by the hate-filled Left in Alaska? Does that include you?
Kindly stop making wild accusations.

Like so many others you are failing to understand that the soon to be ex governor has far more political enemies among her own party than in mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies