Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will Ditz's resignation affect the Republican Party?
It will help the party 25 18.66%
It will hurt the party 29 21.64%
It will neither help nor hurt the party 80 59.70%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 11:06 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,445,160 times

Advertisements

Your party owns hypocrisy. Not a monopoly but definitely the poster child of it....

Old 07-05-2009, 11:09 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,591,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
You know I read a article the other day about Palin that describes why I can't stand her so much.

They say Palin drives liberals crazy not because she's ignorant...but because she is comfortable with her ignorance.....

That pretty much sums it up for me.

Yes, it's a curious sort of smug, arrogant, self-satisfied ignorance.
It's quite galling that the intelligent among us question everything, while the stupid seem to have all the answers.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:10 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,702,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
So let me get this straight...the Republicans view it as honorable for Sarah Palin to simply walk away from her sworn obligation to govern the state of Alaska for the term elected in order to benefit to the maximum financially from a book deal (with the use of a "ghost writer", no doubt) and speaking engagements? I have never seen such self indulgent behavior in all my life than from this woman.

Does the Reuplican party seriously think that America will really vote this irresponsible, bubbleheaded bimbo into the most powerful elected position in the world?
Unfortunately, it seems as though many irresponsible, bubbleheaded base Republicans think Sarah Palin is the cat's pajamas, and will have no problem voting her in, should she decide that it's not an asinine idea to run for POTUS.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:11 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,434,546 times
Sarah Palin Disney Trailer - CollegeHumor video

Enjoy!

27,624 posts, read 21,111,498 times
[quote=parfleche;9603003]she just wants to do what she is great at without all these ethics charges and crap in her way. go ahead and bash her and her family but watch your back cause she will soon be a common citzen not a restrained gov. Sarrah aint goin nowhere. shes as amart as she is goodlookin.[/QUOTE]

She is self serving, but not smart. She sounded like an idiot on every interview. She knows about Russia because of its proximity to Alaska. She accused Obama of being a terrorist. She participates in exorcisms. Could not name one newspaper when asked which ones she read, instead she declares..."all of 'em". Please, this woman is a dolt and not everybody thinks that she has looks.

8,754 posts, read 10,163,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
What I want to know is, does Palin really think dinosaurs were walking around the same time as humans? Does she literally believe the Bible or other hocus-pocus things like "intelligent design" and does she promote that being taught in our schools? Also, does she see non-Christians as humans and fellow citizens, who are worthy of the same freedoms as Christians? Will she stop using folksy phrases and adjectives (since NOBODY on the international stage will take her seriously if she doesn't)?

The most important questions are the first two, as I wanna be damn sure that my president, who has the nuclear codes, and can command armaggeddon, doesn't honestly believe in that stuff, and further, I want to be sure that the right-wingers don't throw me in jail because I ain't a Christian.
You do know that Obama is a Christian also, right? Why does he not invoke the same illogical fear in you? The religious preference of a president should not be an issue since we do have separation of church and state in this country.

20,460 posts, read 26,315,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
Yes, it's a curious sort of smug, arrogant, self-satisfied ignorance.
It's quite galling that the intelligent among us question everything, while the stupid seem to have all the answers.
THAT is precisely what makes them STUPID.

Ken

Old 07-05-2009, 11:19 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,292,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
You do know that Obama is a Christian also, right? Why does he not invoke the same illogical fear in you? The religious preference of a president should not be an issue since we do have separation of church and state in this country.
The problem is that people who follow the same political bent as Palin want to erase that line of "Seperation", and want to make the USA a "Western Christian Democrocy". They want to inject their religious beliefs into US Policy.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:33 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,111,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
The problem is that people who follow the same political bent as Palin want to erase that line of "Seperation", and want to make the USA a "Western Christian Democrocy". They want to inject their religious beliefs into US Policy.
Absolutely correct. Every one of these pseudo Christians that get caught with their pants down (literally) hide behind their plastic Jesus. Sanford being the most recent of these hypocrites who also ran on family values. Palin's brand of Christianity is waiting for the "Rapture." She is absolutely incapapable of separating church and state, with such a distorted and insane belief system. This dingbat could not even separate an egg.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:41 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,372,539 times
Default Clueless party supports the airhead

I'm trying to figure out how you clueless conservatives can begin talking about 2012 when it is obvious that you have to gut your entire ideology to exist in today's world. This is not 1909! It was proven, quite clearly over 8 years, that you haven't the slightest clue what the hell you are doing and that you don't understand the world or how to solve the problems that plague this country, such as racial intolerance and the economy.

Given that your party is such a joke, I can understand the attraction to palin, the racist airhead from podunk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.