Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 11:49 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,344,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I guess you haven't seen any reports that the designer clothes that Michelle wears are largely freebies given her by designers for advertisement.

I think she does a great job of showing those clothes and certainly does look good in them, so don't take this as being against her. I just meant to point out that she doesn't pay for many of those clothes, but I do not mind seeing her wearing them.

Maybe some would prefer her to dress like Britney or their trailer trash family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2009, 11:51 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
A non-issue? When will you libs stop bringing up those clothes the Republicans bought for their candidate to make her look good? If McCain had been President at the time I bet some of those designers would have played the same game for Palin. Oh well, like you say, it is a non-issue and I do not mind seeing Michelle in her fancy clothes.
What, no comment about Nancy's refusal to return gowns?

Palin spent way over budget, bought new clothes for her entire family.
Different set of circumstances completely.

You understand that Roy, why do you continue to divert?

Old 07-04-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
The fact that these idiots are even flying over to Russia on the taxpayers dime, yet again, Michelle has to show off her new threads to the imporverished people of Russia. Of course, the libs dont care.

Maybe they should walk, by way of Alaska, and stop and visit Sarah while at it. She can see Russia from her house.

(I cannot take this o/p at all seriously)

Old 07-04-2009, 12:00 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
I just shake my head and marvel at how low they will go.

Russia's soooo evil and Obama is taking us the same direction, into "communism" or whatever McCarthyist watch-words they can come up with, yet they are not beyond using the Russians (and their backwards views on womens' place in society) to back up their hollow attacks on Michelle Obama.

If this doesn't highlight the fact that most of the crap coming out of the right these days is intellectually dishonest, I don't know what would.
Just go into any Palin thread and you have your answer at how low your party will go!

Old 07-04-2009, 12:03 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Maybe some would prefer her to dress like Britney or their trailer trash family.
Line backers cannot dress like Britney!

Old 07-04-2009, 12:07 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,591,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post

Michelle has a tall, beautiful, sculpted, statuesque body that she's obviously worked extremely hard at maintaining. The woman must be approaching menopause! To still look that fit is a remarkable accomplishment.

A slobbish tub of lard like Brittney, despite being half Michelle's age, can't hold a candle to her physically. And don't give me some lame excuse about Brittney having kids; Michelle's had two kids, too. So have I, for that matter.
Being a mother is no excuse to let your physical health go; rather, it's only an excuse if you're actively looking for one.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:09 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Do you know people outside of your little "cyber-world" that complain about everything? After a while, nobody wants be be around them because it's exhausting listening to a person constantly whine about life?

Are you like that in your "real life" too?

I often think this too. I think all of us know people that make us groan inside when we run into them and who we avoid like the plague when we can. We know that they are going to gossip and nit pick and complain and generally make us miserable until we can get away from them.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post

They try (and even have designer lines to pick from!):

Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 03:28 AM..

Old 07-04-2009, 12:12 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
If Michelle had dressed as a Russian peasant woman, with a scarf tied over her head and a shapeless Wal-Mart dress with flip-flops, then these same people would be on here complaining about how Michelle had shamed the U.S.A. and was trying to make the Russian people believe that everyone in the U.S. was poverty stricken.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:15 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
You've topped your self (and maybe even Foxnews) on this one.

A headline, comments and a link that have to do with absolutely nothing and no relationship with each other. Fine job.

(don't try and connect the dots, cause i really don't care)
Of course you dont, truth leaves a bitter taste with your kool aid..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies