Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 02:13 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Which principles are officially reflected by the preambles of the states in the most nebulous and least specific of terms.
You are attempting to establish that they were doctrinal in my premise, which I already stated they were not. Doctrinal is enforcing aspects of the religious belief, such as some Muslim nations do by indicating strict adherence by enforcing penalties and regulations concerning "how" people are to act (burkas, sexual practices, etc...), what "ways" they can function.

The US itself is "secular", only in its ability to establish such doctrinal declartions. The US government does not tell people when to worship, what they can worship, etc...

The principals I speak of in its foundations is the very aspect of which we establish the belief to which people are free, the individual choice to choose and the very protection of each individual through these basic foundations.

If you like, I can quote the founders on numerous occasions speaking of morality, the foundation of christianity and its influence and importance on the nation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 02:22 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
If you like, I can quote the founders on numerous occasions speaking of morality, the foundation of christianity and its influence and importance on the nation?
If you'll do it in pig-Latin.

Old 07-05-2009, 02:35 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,385,154 times
I agree that I didn't see 'Christian' God mentioned anywhere. Only a 'God' that could really be applied to many religions.

I feel strongly about separation of church & state. Here's a group that I personally support:

Americans United for Separation of Church and State

Old 07-05-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
If you'll do it in pig-Latin.
Are you saying that if I link actual quotes with original citations to the original documents that I am making it up? As I said, I can provide numerous quotes from many of our founders and those involved in our government that support my premise. Should I not bother? Have you decided before I provide evidence?

Old 07-05-2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Are you saying that if I link actual quotes with original citations to the original documents that I am making it up? As I said, I can provide numerous quotes from many of our founders and those involved in our government that support my premise. Should I not bother? Have you decided before I provide evidence?
Could you sing it to the tune of "The Surrey With the Fringe on Top"?

A little dance with it would be nice, too....stand on that chair

Old 07-05-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Could you sing it to the tune of "The Surrey With the Fringe on Top"?

A little dance with it would be nice, too....stand on that chair
Ahhh, ok my mistake I thought you had an actual valid point, but it seems you are merely playing the part of an ignorant internet troll whose only response to actual information is mockery. In other words, you have nothing to say, because you have reached the limit of your ability to actual respond inteligently to the discussion. Good luck with that!

Old 07-05-2009, 05:40 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,629,475 times
Quote:
Ahhh, ok my mistake I thought you had an actual valid point, but it seems you are merely playing the part of an ignorant internet troll whose only response to actual information is mockery. In other words, you have nothing to say, because you have reached the limit of your ability to actual respond inteligently to the discussion. Good luck with that!
All they do is troll around and name-call, you are actually wasting your intelligence on them.

IOW, don't bother......nothing gets accomplished with that.

Old 07-05-2009, 05:45 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,629,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldMeBack View Post
I disagree with your assessment of the Republican Party. That being said, what's your beef with Christians? You know, God loves you too, no matter what you say. Why so angry?
I'm quite sure they don't know why they're angry, but it's evident they're angry.....they remind me of PMS teens.

Shame on me, now I'm name-calling like them. What a hypocrite I am. LOL.

Sry I couldn't resist.

They'll likely react to my comment like flies on s**t.

Oh well, no one's perfect.

Old 07-05-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Louder and funnier!

Old 07-05-2009, 07:43 PM

4,465 posts, read 7,997,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
....before making such hideous statements to other countries!!

http://tpo.net/Christian/index.htm

here come the comments...I can just see it now.

'that's a Christian website' or 'they made it up'..... etc, blahblahblah.
No, the reality is that courts have repeatedly found preambles (even the one to the US Constituition) so vague as to be meaningless.

Also, if one were to study history, then the reality of no state religion from the get-go would be a glaring obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies