Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think you have to right to control others actions?
Yes 19 17.59%
No 89 82.41%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 08:07 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,352,440 times

Advertisements

This video is exactly what we need to do...watch it and you will understand.

Dailymotion - Disturbed - Land of Confusion - a Music video (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvx1z_disturbed-land-of-confusion_music - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 12:23 AM

So does this mean I finally got my point across?

Old 07-18-2009, 12:26 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
So does this mean I finally got my point across?
No

Old 07-18-2009, 12:41 AM

So, how can I learn anything if I do not have the choice to experience it? Only I can judge what happens to me? If someone is smoking cigs next to me it is up to me to choose to stay there and ignore it or to leave to get away from it. I dont like rap and think that it is one of the leading causes of violence in youth...but...I do not think it should be outlawed or that I have the right to take that music away from anyone. Just becasue some people are stupid...the rest should not suffer..

Old 07-18-2009, 12:48 AM

Quote:
So, how can I learn anything if I do not have the choice to experience it? .
You have the right (choice) to experience just about anything you want too.

Personally - I would recommend you join the military - you would then have a lot of different experiences - and get paid to do it.

Old 07-18-2009, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
You have the right (choice) to experience just about anything you want too.

Personally - I would recommend you join the military - you would then have a lot of different experiences - and get paid to do it.
I cannot join the military for medical reasons. I would love to...and have actually gotten all the way to meps and then found the medical problem. But I have actually gotten to see the world without a gun attached to my hip and someone controlling when I eat, sleep, and poop.

I have experienced more then most people two or three times my age....FYI...I am only 26...Most people are amazed at the things that I have done.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:
I cannot join the military for medical reasons. I would love to...
Then, consider the Peace Corp. A fantastic way to be able to truly help others.

Old 07-18-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriTAUcal View Post
Isn't that doing what you said other people should not be doing--getting in other folk business?

Plus, it's damn creepy.

Then you said you don't care about the artist just the art. So you don't want to know what makes that man or woman such a great artist? Or what inspires that person to paint, make, music or build something. One of my favorite things to do is watch segments on TV related to how athletes prepare for games or what makes them physically and mentally solid. I love watching how great athletes work off field, whether it be taking batting practice, working on pitches in the bullpen, working on their jumpers or just working out or their philosophy on the sport they play. You know, what they do to make themselves good at their craft.

I like seeing how athletes are off the floor because a lot of them come from similar backgrounds like we do. Although most athletes and entertainers make a lot of money, a lot of them don't fit that stereotype celebrity. Outside of what they do, most of those people just try to live regular lives like the rest of us.
See if you knew anything about me you would know that I am into marketing..so seeing how people interact and live helps me. Yes, that is judging...but I am not controlling anything they do.

Judgment and Control are two different things Until you take your judgment of someone and then decide that you have to voice it and use it to control them.

Old 07-18-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Then, consider the Peace Corp. A fantastic way to be able to truly help others.
Have a record, cant join. Plus, again control. there is a difference between control and order...

Old 08-01-2009, 01:53 PM

I love that no one has been able to give a valid reason to be able to control someone. Thank you all you have proved my point. Which is that no one has the right to control others. Yes, we have laws, rules and such, but only some are valid and just. When a law is there to protect one person from harming another it is a good law. When a law is made to protect a group and only that group it is wrong. A law must protect all people equally or it is not just, a law that gives one group power over another is wrong.

So, thank you all

Tom
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies