Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 04:58 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,848,653 times

Advertisements

Do you think I have a case? Is it possibly "reverse discrimination"? It's so hard for a "whitey" like me to get ahead in life and I just feel like it's so unfair. If I have a severe case of Attention Deficit Disorder can I qualify for promotion on the basis of the Americans With Disabilities Act? Can anyone help a brother out?

Here's my (truncated) resume;

It took me five stays, at four different colleges to finally get my degree. No, I didn't have a drug problem, I was just like a lot of other young people and was "finding myself".

I had a really great job at my state's oil and gas commission, but I quit that after just more than a year.

Now I'm guitting my current gig because others have hurt my feelings.

I'm afraid that I'm going to pick up the sobriquet, "barraquitta".

Can you help me out?

golfgod

Old 07-05-2009, 05:07 PM

45,361 posts, read 60,546,019 times
If you were still in high school you would be put on a 504 Plan, if not an IEP. In those cases you would probably have a number of accomodations provided: from sitting at the front, sitting apart from others, a "helper" student, even up to and including additional time for assignments. Maybe even self-decided "breaks" from class to go to the library/media center and look at Nike ads on the internet.
As it is, as an adult, you can't be helped.

And yeah, I know that this is an anti-Palin thread.

Last edited by North Beach Person; 07-05-2009 at 05:22 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 07-05-2009, 05:11 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,949,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
Do you think I have a case? Is it possibly "reverse discrimination"? It's so hard for a "whitey" like me to get ahead in life and I just feel like it's so unfair. If I have a severe case of Attention Deficit Disorder can I qualify for promotion on the basis of the Americans With Disabilities Act? Can anyone help a brother out?

It took me five stays, at four different colleges to finally get my degree. No, I didn't have a drug problem, I was just like a lot of other young people and was "finding myself".

I had a really great job at my state's oil and gas commission, but I quit that after just more than a year.

Can you help me out?

golfgod

Sounds like you would make a great dog walker. Then you have nothing to forget since the dogs are leading you.

Old 07-05-2009, 05:36 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,078,355 times
My boss says I can't get promoted because I never finish anything I start!
Welcome to MY life...glad to have you in the Slackers Club

Old 07-05-2009, 05:40 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times
Quote:

Can you help me out?

golfgod
Not to worry if you are good looking and know how to flaunt it, life's rewards will be there for you.

Old 07-05-2009, 05:47 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
None of this is my fault, though.

Old 07-05-2009, 05:51 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
None of this is my fault, though.
Of course not when you are cute and flaunt it, clearly anything said negative is pure jealousy. It was never Barbie's fault but always Ken's.

Most of the time these things just blow over and go away, but this lady has a knack.

There are a lot of good articles being posted online. Evidently folks from her history are putting 2 and 2 together and this includes McCain staff people. Some interesting suggestions that need to be read for their own merit. Buying into them at this point is questionable as they are more of a little bit here and there with similar threads. Her enemies within Alaska and the party are sharpening their knives.

Old 07-05-2009, 05:53 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
What else could it be?

Old 07-05-2009, 05:58 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,079,296 times
Maybe you should consider politics. I hear there are some Gov offices opening up in the lower 48 soon.

Old 07-05-2009, 06:05 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times
Quote:
Rather juvenile response to the real world don't you think? Trust me, this will happen again and again and again in your future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies