Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did 'we and everyone else misread the economy,” as Biden asserts?
Yes 6 13.64%
No - but Biden and Obama did 24 54.55%
No - but Bernanke and Geithner did 7 15.91%
No - but 'There was a misreading of just how bad' a vice president we inherited 7 15.91%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 09:02 PM

337 posts, read 824,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
As I said! Too many tax cuts to placate you Moderator cut: not necessary right wingers.

He said it wasn't big enough and it wasn't front end loaded enough!

In both cases to placate the stupid right wing in this Country!

When will spineless Dems learn??? You don't placate those who wish to see you and the Country fail!
I can only assume by stupid you mean those that are paying the majority of the taxes right?

Last edited by katzenfreund; 07-05-2009 at 10:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 09:04 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,016,823 times
Quote:
As I said! Too many tax cuts to placate you Moderator cut: not necessary right wingers.

When will spineless Dems learn??? You don't placate those who wish to see you and the Country fail!
Looks like Biden already spilled the beans and revealed the inconvenient truth that many people already know. I am sure Obama will give him hell over it later, in the mean time, you may need to up the meds..

Last edited by katzenfreund; 07-05-2009 at 10:01 PM..

Old 07-05-2009, 09:05 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,704,258 times
Quote:

My goodness what is with the hostility? Nowhere in you quote did he say it was not big enough, he said it wasn't front loaded enough. You need to take a deep breath calm down Moderator cut: not necessary

Last edited by katzenfreund; 07-05-2009 at 10:02 PM..

Old 07-05-2009, 09:07 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,439,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post

And all the Donks are gonna just go along with it. I can hear them now, 'Oh man, yeah.... Biden broke the news over the holiday weekend while everyone was getting over a hangover, no one really paying attention. Oh man, what does the Oboy have to do now to fix this broken up thing the caballeros left us from last year.'

And the O gets off the hook.

Sanrene, think any of these Donks know how much and where any of that stimulus money has been spent? Other than funding unions, of course.

Oh yea, "funding unions"

Has Rush Limpballs got you believing that unions are everything that is wrong with America?

The great experiment of capitalism when run by dishonest Republicans are presently on display with a look at our financial condition.

But the people responsible for this mess, at all the upper levels of both Wall Street and our government, both past and present, are doing quite well, unless they had their money invested with Bernie Madoff.

More Republican deregulation on display there too. Throw in Enron for a greater understanding of where Republican economic policy has led us (George H. Bush insured Enron would happen before he left the White House by again deregulating the industry)

Republicans, of course, insured that Wall Street would get it's bonuses as well as their bailouts, it was Dubya himself who got the ball rolling. For 8 long years the foxes guarded the henhouse (it being the U.S. Treasury)

And all the while, shareholders of Haliburton counted their profits. And today they couldnt be looking any better. More war = more profit!

Old 07-05-2009, 09:16 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,939,300 times
I started this thread back in February and it's 100% right on the money.

1) The stimulus wasnt big enough.
2) Too many tax cuts.
3) All because Dems don't have the spine to stick up to these whiny cry babies on the right.
4) The right will come back and blame Dems when it fails.....LOL

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...e-managed.html

Old 07-05-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:

2) Too many tax cuts.
3) All because Dems don't have the spine to stick up to these whiny cry babies on the right.

My friend what you are saying makes no sense.

1. There are very few economists who say the stimulus wasn't big enough.

2. Obama likes to mention the jobs he has "saved" , how is this proved? How do you know the tax cuts had an adverse effect? (if this confuses you I am making an analogy,Analogy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

3. The Dems do nothing to placate Republicans, they don't need to they got the votes.

4. The right is correct to criticize the Dems for their out of control spending, especially with regard to bailouts as your idol Roubini points out.

Is there anything the Obama administration or Dems do that they are responsible for?

Old 07-05-2009, 09:27 PM

337 posts, read 824,074 times
Quote:

2) Too many tax cuts.

Well, put your money where your mouth is. You feel the stimulus is not enough, spend your money-not mine.

Easy to talk about spending when you are not writing the checks isn't it? I for one am tired of saving people from themselves.

Just looking forward to my tax increase to 66%. I bet that will still not be enough for those that pay nothing or next to nothing.

Old 07-05-2009, 09:29 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,939,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
My friend what you are saying makes no sense.

1. There are very few economists who say the stimulus wasn't big enough.

2. Obama likes to mention the jobs he has "saved" , how is this proved? How do you know the tax cuts had an adverse effect? (if this confuses you I am making an analogy,Analogy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

3. The Dems do nothing to placate Republicans, they don't need to they got the votes.

4. The right is correct to criticize the Dems for their out of control spending, especially with regard to bailouts as your idol Roubini points out.

Is there anything the Obama administration or Dems do that they are responsible for?
Yes! I'll say it again. They are responsible for trying to placate stupid right wingers.

Ruining the bill in order to get a bipartisan bill ...but in the end only three voted for it. ...LOL

Shameless. They could have still gotten a few GOP votes and not destroyed their own bill....

They just don't learn.....

P.S.

How stupid is this by shorebaby?..."The Dems do nothing to placate Republicans, they don't need to they got the votes."

Like Dems had 60 in their caucus to cut off filibustering??....LOL

Old 07-05-2009, 09:33 PM

38,610 posts, read 26,260,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
“The truth is, we and everyone else misread the economy,” confessed Biden.

Raw Story » Biden: ‘We misread how bad the economy was’ (http://rawstory.com/08/news/2009/07/05/biden-we-misread-how-bad-the-economy-was/ - broken link)

Hi America! We think your too stupid to realize we stuffed that trillion away for a 2010 campaign slush fund.

Oh, and I almost forgot, it's all Bush's Fault.

Old 07-05-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Yes! I'll say it again. They are responsible for trying to placate stupid right wingers.

Ruining the bill in order to get a bipartisan bill ...but in the end only three voted for it. ...LOL

Shameless. They could have still gotten a few GOP votes and not destroyed their own bill....

They just don't learn.....

P.S.

How stupid is this by shorebaby?..."The Dems do nothing to placate Republicans, they don't need to they got the votes."

Like Dems had 60 in their caucus to cut off filibustering??....LOL
My guess is your hostility stems from your inability to make a coherent argument.

The tax cuts were mostly a result of Obamas campaign promise.

"Of this, $142 billion would go for Obama’s “Making Work Pay” tax credit for individuals. This credit – up to $500 a year for individuals and $1,000 for two-income couples – would fulfill Obama’s campaign pledge of tax relief for low- and middle-income workers. The full amount would be limited to individuals who make $75,000 or less and couples making $150,000 or less."

Which stimulus is better: tax cuts or spending? | csmonitor.com

Yes I am sure good Republican soldiers like Specter and Snow would have stopped stimulus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies