Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2009, 10:09 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,895,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Problem is, they don't know what they're protesting about. Joe the fake Plumber was at one talking about God as were many baggers. Others were doing the usual Obama bashing. Real patriots don't wait until they lose to protest.
The original TEA movement was a legit grassroots campaign with a very valid foundation.

It has been hijacked by the right wing religious reich and that is what you see now. Just check out their website. Make sure to check the store tab and you will see what I'm talking about.

My point, you seem to state that GOP is a bunch of "teabaggers" when in fact that is an untrue statement. Many dems and republicans were involved in the initial grassroots campaign until they sold out.

Don't all you people ever get tired of slinging **** back and forth in a pointless attempt to accomplish less than what you are bitching about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 10:09 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Here's the big article from the Denver Post, the largest newspaper in the Mountain West:

Group protests tax policies outside state Capitol - The Denver Post

6 sentences. Here's one:

There was no immediate estimate of how many people attended the rally.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:25 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Have you noticed that THEY failed to comment on your link from the Dallas News. They accuse you of doing a thing and are doing that very thing at the time they are talking. You just have to keep trying and hoping that this kind of people will sooner or later manage to talk about all your links. They love to do the old liberal back slap game when one finds any kind of weakness. Well not they will eventually see both of your links.

They will see but never manage to comment on that kind of numbers.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Thank you Sanrene ...That's very helpful posting a blurb from last April!.....LOL Since the thread's subject says "JULY 4th"

[ignorant, dishonest or mixture of both?]
When will you manage to comment on the second of the two links that Sanrene had in that post? I will say never because you don't want to believ anything in it.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
That's from the April 15th ones.
Was the second link in Sanrene's post from April 15? Nope, but you didn't have the guts to read it and comment on what you found. Play the hard left game and remain ignorant of facts, because it works better for the old liberal back slapping game.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
There was lots of coverage of the April tea baggers. I hadn't heard a single report on the July 4th events. Must have been a big flop.
I see that you are still playing the old liberal game. There were two links on Sanrene's post and you seem to have ignored the second one or you just didn't think that talking about it would fit your agenda. You have been caught playing the ld liberal back slapping game with your buddies.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The Omaha World Herald had a tiny little story about theirs (attendance 300 in a metro of 800,000). It was in the second section of the paper and was about 3 paragraphs. Also, the Republican rep. from that congessional district spoke. So much for "non-partisan".
Kat, do you suppose some Democrats were invited to speak and didn't have the guts to do it? That is what I think happened.

I think it is great how so many media outlets tried so hard to cover most of those things.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:35 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
I posted a link from the Denver Post and on another thread I posted one from the Omaha World Herald, neither of which seemed particularly interested in the parties in their respective towns.

sanrene's link to Dallas would have had more cred had she not just googled that other article and posted it w/o even looking at it. That's called "bad research".

Old 07-07-2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
At the Southfork Ranch in Plano??? How fitting.

25,000 dumb Texas hicks show up at a mansion to protest taxes.
Dumb Texas hicks is just the kind of elitism I have been talking here about for days. I wanted to stop that but it seems that you lefties just won't let me stop calling you on those elitist jabs.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:37 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
Bush did what had to be done at the time.

Fifteen of the nineteen hijackers were from Saudi Arabia, the Taliban was in Afghanistan, and we attacked Iraq? It was done for whom, exactly? Halliburton?

I guess you don't remember the week of 9/11?...

None of us will ever forget.

I remember the members of Congress running out of Washington, until the White House reminded them that they were representing the people of this country...And the best they could do was stand on the steps of Congress singing "God Bless America", with looks on their faces that they were crapping in their pants...Distinctly I remember the Democrat leaders, standing there frightened to crap.

I remember Bush sitting in a classroom, even after having been told that the first tower had been hit. One might think that the president would excuse himself and go about the business of seeing to the country's defense ASAP.

And everyone in this country wanted something done...Everyone was frightened and unsure of what was happening. The Democrats went right along with everything, until things started to get tough, and not so frightening anymore because Bush did something - he took the war off-shore.

The Democrats went along because they were fed the same lies as we were. We heard about yellow cake uranium (not true) and the capability of Iraq to produce "a mushroom cloud" over America "within 40 minutes" (another lie). Decisions made based on false information are difficult to criticize.

So, these rants about Bush are simply re-writing history, twisting the real facts around.

Actually, it will take years for the full story to come out, if it ever does; the recent release of the new Nixon tapes illustrates that. Many FOIA requests will have to be filed, and they will probably still make certain information classified for decades.

The truth is, the Democrats broke under pressure at the time. And, as I said, only when things got better did they fo back to their old ways (knocking choices they did not have the courage to make.

Really? And certainly there wasn't a single Republican who felt so much as a twinge of fear...they stood tall in their boots like John Wayne..even the women. Not even the attack on the Pentagon right there in D.C. could rattle them. Right. As questions began to surface regarding the veracity of the information they had received, members of the legislative branches on both sides of the aisle began to have second thoughts, and rightfully so.

P.S. Obama is pretty much continuing all of these policies...Isn't he?
President Obama is doing what he said he would do: he has met with the Joints Chiefs and set a date for a draw-down in Iraq. He is transferring the
focus of attention to Afghanistan to root out Taliban fighters. And just today, he had an important nuclear non-proliferation meeting with Russia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies