Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 09:37 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,267,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Tha't funny. I saw a picture of her today and man oh man does she have a caboose!
They do not make jeans in her hefty size!!

They will have to re work some new hefty bag sizes in for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 09:39 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,404,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
What kind of loser says such rude things about someone without knowing the details?

Is she getting paid? Is she donating any payment to charity? Were the photos just press photos anyway, that did not involve anything from the kids but spending time with their family that they would be spending anyway?

I guess if you're a complete idiot, you might as well cast aspersions on Michelle Obama's parenting skills. Why not? You've got nothing to lose.
Oh you mean like the left liberal loons have done repeatedly about Palin.
She put her kids in the spotlight so she deserves it, she is a terrible mother only cares about her own aspirations career etc. What a terrible mother she is. bla bla bla.
Well excuuuuze me if you dont like the comments about michelle's parenting skills or concerns. You left liberal loons drew first blood with the Palin family.
Michelle "is" all about her and her own aspirations.

Why did they not shield the children from the pictures?

Old 07-06-2009, 09:41 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,380,411 times
Lest we forget, the Obama's are opportunists.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:44 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,210,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th Street View Post
I respect the fact that you don't care for Michelle Obama, but is it really necessary to call her a "fat arsed cow"? That is completely over the top and inappropriate.
I agree. She is First Lady and that alone deserves some respect. But the clothes she wears do inspire such statements, even tho it would be much more polite to just be quiet about it. We can all see how she dresses and what she looks like - and it is kinda tacky to dwell on her bad choices. And it is also sexist to be so focused on how someone looks.

Which makes it all the more surprising that the Obamas would parade their kids around in Russia w/ a particular manufacturer's clothing.

Maybe part of the money on sales goes to charities or something along those lines.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:44 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,202,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Oh you mean like the left liberal loons have done repeatedly about Palin.
She put her kids in the spotlight so she deserves it, she is a terrible mother only cares about her own aspirations career etc. What a terrible mother she is. bla bla bla.
Well excuuuuze me if you dont like the comments about michelle's parenting skills or concerns. You left liberal loons drew first blood with the Palin family.
Michelle "is" all about her and her own aspirations.

Why did they not shield the children from the pictures?
The only person I heard blasting Palin for that was Laura Ingraham.

IF anybody on the left said horrible things about the Palin kids, then they should be blasted for it. Perhaps you could point to some. However, I don't remember anything that comes even close to what the right did to Chelsea Clinton - your "leader" Rush Limbaugh said the most disgusting things.

So. Find a leader on the left who said something similar to what was said about Chelsea, and you'll have earned a wee bit of credibility on this issue. And I will blast that person along with you.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:45 PM

1,489 posts, read 2,028,603 times
Quote:
No. He can't.
Guess he could bring up the old Mechelle america hating quote. No?

Old 07-06-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
Lest we forget, the Obama's are opportunists.
Lest we forget, the extreme right are serial fabricators and cowards, to boot.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:46 PM

1,489 posts, read 2,028,603 times
Quote:
No. He can't.
Oh, and gosh, look at recent pictures of Flo in Moscow! What a cow!

Old 07-06-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
Guess he could bring up the old Mechelle america hating quote. No?
There is no such thing.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:55 PM

507 posts, read 677,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I agree. She is First Lady and that alone deserves some respect. But the clothes she wears do inspire such statements, even tho it would be much more polite to just be quiet about it. We can all see how she dresses and what she looks like - and it is kinda tacky to dwell on her bad choices. And it is also sexist to be so focused on how someone looks.

Which makes it all the more surprising that the Obamas would parade their kids around in Russia w/ a particular manufacturer's clothing.

Maybe part of the money on sales goes to charities or something along those lines.
I think J Crew simply used this situation as a way to promote their brand (it's smart business). The reality is that the kids have to wear something. J Crew is a pretty accessible retailer. The store exists in most malls. I think more people would complain if the Obamas wore specially tailored or high priced designer brands. Frankly, people will always find something to complain about. Being such a public family, they will probably always be screwed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies