Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 02:21 PM

1,247 posts, read 926,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
youve been watching too much(24)!
I see you don't like my sarcasm. I apologize for offending you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2007, 08:24 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
That information must be kept public if we want to be free of tyranny, right?
so is this sarcasm? or a contradiction, you want it to be more difficult to get guns but would not want to make it more difficult to get bomb making plans!

Old 04-18-2007, 10:01 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,495,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
That information must be kept public if we want to be free of tyranny, right?

It's very much public info no question about that, according to what I've read on bomb making.... it's not even illegal to post bomb recipes on the internet. question, how long have you lived in FL?

Old 04-18-2007, 10:12 PM

366 posts, read 386,935 times
Quote:
My point was, how do we know who is criminally insane and who is not? And do we advocate regulating everything that people do, or might do, based on the possibility that they are might be crazy, and will misuse something, anything, so that they might hurt or kill other people?
A good start would be adequate background checks for those who want to purchase firearms.

Old 04-18-2007, 11:20 PM

1,398 posts, read 7,705,445 times
Gun Control....is being able to put the entire clip into a 6 inch circle at 50 ft.

how do we know who is criminally insane and who is not?

Let's just assume everyone is born insane and has to prove otherwise. I see little evidence as of late to make me question this line of thinking. In a few decades,maybe less, genetic mapping may be able to predict who will be certifiably insane even though at present they test out OK now. That'll be the easy part.

The harder question is what will we do with people that at present are A-OK but will in all likely hood loose it sometime down the road.

Old 04-19-2007, 09:22 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,495,347 times
Here'a an article about a town in Georgia where owning a gun is mandatory, I've been to this town several times but didn't know this was a law there.

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/us-town-requires-residents-to-own-guns/20070418233109990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001 (broken link)

Old 04-19-2007, 10:40 PM

923 posts, read 3,513,393 times
Thumbs up Yes, Yes, Yes...

Quote:
I can only imagine how angry the parents of those students at VT feel. How many lives would have been saved if another student or faculty would have been carrying a concealed weapon and could have shot this physco after he fired the first round! Obviously he didn't realize that the campus was a gun free zone! What insanity! Its time gun control advocates wake up, and be held accountable for their actions!
100% agreement...

Having people locked-up like lab-mice, Sitting Ducks, in a "No Gun, No defense" situation is incomprehensable...

Old 04-19-2007, 10:51 PM

923 posts, read 3,513,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Ok I gotta ask this, what is wrong with waiting longer for a gun? Why do you need one so quickly? Gotta shoot something now? And what is wrong with more saftey measures for guns? Ok anyone see Judge Dred?( I know dumb movie)but they had guns encoded with DNA, now I am not saying that specifically, but there has to be ways. We are too high tech to not have the ability.
I personally think the fact that the USA is so obsessed with them and violence, this is causing the problem. People need to quit making such a big deal about owning a gun, and maybe others( young kids and crazies) wouldnt think it is so cool to have one.

Hi Nea, we usually agree, but...

Why do you need one so quickly

* Remember Rodney King Riots?? (hello i am under attack and do not know if my personal safety can/will be Provided for, i would like to purchase a gun mr gunshopowner. Why of course you can pick it up next week... )

* Hurricane Katrina

* Any "Disaster" in any average crime-ridden Cities

* so buy early and buy what you need...Do Not expect the .gov to help...

BTW How come 40 years ago when you could buy a gun, rifle, machine gun(more easilly) There were virtually NO GUN CRIMES??
So what came first;
The Guns
or
The Criminals that use guns...?

Old 04-19-2007, 11:22 PM

2,935 posts, read 4,999,825 times
Quote:
I can only imagine how angry the parents of those students at VT feel. How many lives would have been saved if another student or faculty would have been carrying a concealed weapon and could have shot this physco after he fired the first round! Obviously he didn't realize that the campus was a gun free zone! What insanity! Its time gun control advocates wake up, and be held accountable for their actions!
I haven't read this whole thread, so I'm not sure if someone has said this before, but look...

Incidents like the one that happened at Va Tech are extremely rare. I am 100% positive that, across the country, there would have been at least 32 added deaths on college campuses in the last few decades if all colleges allowed drunk frat kids to carry handguns around all the time.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:23 PM

366 posts, read 386,935 times
Quote:
BTW How come 40 years ago when you could buy a gun, rifle, machine gun(more easilly) There were virtually NO GUN CRIMES??
40 years ago? 1967? Virtually no guns crimes? Where, on the moon?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies