Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 04:18 PM

378 posts, read 332,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruff View Post
It is my contention that Sully, to use your descriptor, did 'get lucky', and so far he's continued to stay lucky. And, at grand a pop (notice that this week he's in Chattanooga), rich.

As for the "possible sense of guilt" or reluctance to fess up, that may be attributable to the fact that my read of the statute of limitations still gives him another year before it runs out, meaning he could still go to jail. Two years for a civil action. Which leaves me wondering how many of those on board signed the no-sue waiver they had to sign to get the (up to $15,000 from USAirways and the $10,000 from the insurance company. If anyone knows a contact for any passenger, I'd like to hear from them.
Correction: Apologies, Sully. I forgot to add the '90' before the 'grand' for your speaking fee. Some people might get the impression that you weren't in this for the money.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:43 PM

378 posts, read 332,441 times
Troop.
On your comment about when The Man comes a-askin', it's always more beneficial to lie than to tell the truth, I can speak to my own plethora of personal experience, but since I still have a ticket, won't. I will, however, touch on the sad tale of one of the ablest pilots - and war hero - ever to strap on an aircraft: Robert “Bob” Hoover. Those fortunate enough to have seen him in action (I saw him perform at Toronto) with his twin-engine Shrike Commander would probably agree that had he been in Sully's seat, before dead-sticking back to LGA, is would have performed three loops, an 8-point roll, poured a glass of ice tea while inverted, then had enough energy after landing to roll right up to the terminal door.
POURING ICE TEA WHILE FLYING INVERTED - YouTube
The sad part of the Hoover tale came when after flying what to the rest of the world was another flawless show, two Men anxious to make a name for themselves thought different and yanked his ticket on the spot under what is known as an Emergency Revocation Order (ERO). They then went to extraordinary lengths to defend the indefensible. Even with the support of the entire aviation world, they still took two years before they handed it back. In the meantime, Hoover immigrated to Australia so he could continue flying.
The FAA are like cops, when they want to get you, they bring their own dope. Or, as in Hoover's case, make it up.
Reminds me of the four most useless things in aviation: fuel on the ground, runway behind you, air above you, and the guy who comes up and says "I'm from the FAA and I'm here to help you".
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies