Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 06:39 AM

551 posts, read 855,582 times

Advertisements

Since last September the Federal Reserve has made $9 trillion in transactions that are not reflected on its balance sheet. This compares to $2 trillion in transactions that is reflected on the Fed’s balance sheet.

What was the purpose of this $9 trillion? Who got how much, and why did they get it? No one knows. Congress doesn’t know, and neither does the Inspector General charged with monitoring the Fed.

Add up the numbers — the Fed has done things in your name with $11 trillion. This is only a few trillion shy of the total annual gross domestic product of the United States. It’s also several times the total annual spending of the federal government.

So what are they hiding? We need to find out.

Last edited by davidmg1; 07-08-2009 at 07:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 06:48 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Lol. Guess you dont know showmanship and games-playing when you see it.
Yeah, it's a real riot!
I'll repeat the question.....do you think there should be an audit?

Old 07-08-2009, 06:51 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,967,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Yeah, it's a real riot!
I'll repeat the question.....do you think there should be an audit?
I fully anticipate hearing crickets

Old 07-08-2009, 06:59 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i can't imagine any clear-thinking american not supporting this bill. it is OUR FUTURE EARNINGS that the government is using and we have a right to see how this money is being spent. our senators who do not support this are being incredibly arrogant about the use of taxpayer money.
Yes they are!
I would expect this thread to drop like a rock. we will see though they might surprise us.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:08 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,903,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
I wonder what will be discovered if the Federal Reserve has a real full-blown audit. Any guesses?
Sure .. committees will have to be formed ... no less than 3 ... closed door sessions of these committees will happen ... money has to be appropriated for the committees, so that they could determine how much money needs to be appropriated for the audit ... and a Czar will definitely have to be appointed (to oversee the committees)

It wil take billions of dollars and 10 years for an audit to even be completed ... of course then, there's the pre-audit shuffle, coming to terms with the rules of the audit itself .. that alone would probably take 5 years and a few billion dollars before the actual audit could begin.

Oh, and we can't forget about all of the political posturing it will take to just vetting the folks to do the actual audit ... The Gov. of course .. will end up auditing their buddies over at the Fed, and after a couple of slaps on the wrist ... it'll be all over.

After which, for the next 50 years, D.C. will scream about "reforming the fed" during every election cycle.

Yup ... our tax dollars at work ...

Old 07-08-2009, 08:33 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
No need for an audit when you operate with complete transparency.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:36 AM

3,106 posts, read 7,372,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
my guess is that there may be a discrepancy between the amount of gold stated to be in fort knox and the actual amount in fort knox.

It has been several decades since the gold in Fort Knox was independently audited or properly accounted for,” said Ron Paul, the Texas Congressman and former Republican presidential candidate, in an e-mail interview with The Times. “The American people deserve to know the truth.”
Is there ANY gold in Fort Knox?
I thought we went off the gold system several years ago.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:41 AM

1,193 posts, read 3,992,205 times
I am guessing the results a thorough and honest audit would scare the crap out of foreign firms buying our debt and we'd be slapped with a label that says JUNK.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:06 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,624,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
I wonder what will be discovered if the Federal Reserve has a real full-blown audit. Any guesses?
That there is no gold at Ft. Knox?

Old 07-08-2009, 09:17 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,208,139 times
merged two threads about the same topic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies