Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 09:50 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Any lying SOB should be held accountable. Republican or Democrat. Bush was POTUS and Cheney and Rumsfeld were pulling the strings. They had the last word and they are the ones that need to answer for war crimes first.

YouTube - Democrats before Iraq War started....

Send'em all to jail... Silly silly people... You'll lose Obama's staff and the filibusterer proof majority.. Rock'on...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 09:55 PM

646 posts, read 1,639,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post

YouTube - Democrats before Iraq War started....

Send'em all to jail... Silly silly people... You'll lose Obama's staff and the filibusterer proof majority.. Rock'on...
Bush was a total failure, and the entire world knows it.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrocker27ka View Post
Bush was a total failure, and the entire world knows it.
Ewwww! good come back...

Old 07-07-2009, 10:00 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,033,943 times
The irony of the whole situation is that it was originally the Democrats who criticized H.W. Bush for not invading Iraq while we had the Iraqi army on the run. As a matter of fact, Clinton made it a major theme of his campaign to criticize Bush's actions (or lack thereof). In the later half of the 90s, it was also Clinton and Gore both who made speeches in regard to evidence surfacing about Iraqi WMDs, and condemnation of Saddam Hussein.

Instead of me trying to explain.. Just watch Gore rant about Bush ignoring Iraq's ties to WMDs:

YouTube - Gore criticizes Bush for ignoring Iraq's ties to terrorism

Here is Bill Clinton discussing 'clear evidence' of an Iraqi WMD program in 1998:

YouTube - Bill Clinton: Clear Evidence of Iraqi WMD Program

Be careful what you wish for.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
The irony of the whole situation is that it was originally the Democrats who criticized H.W. Bush for not invading Iraq while we had the Iraqi army on the run. As a matter of fact, Clinton made it a major theme of his campaign to criticize Bush's actions (or lack thereof). In the later half of the 90s, it was also Clinton and Gore both who made speeches in regard to evidence surfacing about Iraqi WMDs, and condemnation of Saddam Hussein.

Instead of me trying to explain.. Just watch Gore rant about Bush ignoring Iraq's ties to WMDs:

Here is Bill Clinton discussing 'clear evidence' of an Iraqi WMD program in 1998:

Cool, we can get rid of the global warming NAZI while we're at it.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:07 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post

classic. rep +1.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:50 PM

493 posts, read 665,401 times
Quote:
Ewwww! good come back...
Bad comeback...bad video too though. What are we trying to prove here, that it was actually the democrat's behind the effort to remove Saddam Hussein and start that cockamamie war?

Only on city data do people actually believe that sort of nonsense...

Old 07-07-2009, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon26pdx View Post
Bad comeback...bad video too though. What are we trying to prove here, that it was actually the democrat's behind the effort to remove Saddam Hussein and start that cockamamie war?

Only on city data do people actually believe that sort of nonsense...
No, only on CD do people totally ignore the facts of history for their own political agenda. Notice the sound of crickets before you decided to chime in...

Old 07-08-2009, 01:19 AM

1,125 posts, read 1,591,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
This bogus war will be haunting us for generations, why is the fact that it is a year old make it any less significant? The effects are current and the returning soldiers will be bringing their post traumatic stress illnesses home with them. You most likely did not read the article then or now. You just ran with the ball to pass on some blame to the current administration. I certainly do not speak just for myself when I say that Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and the rest of the crime family have gotten away with murder and still need to be brought to justice! No expiration date on their crimes. There are still soldiers that have been killed in Iraq very recently. Sorry that this is passe news for you.
It is not an article, it is an opinion. Therefore I can ignore as I wish.

I served in the military, I had friends damn near die over in Iraq, and knew a few who didn't make it home. I know a hell of a lot about what happened over there.

What I am tired of is folks like you claiming that the war destroyed the American economy, it didn't. Yes a bunch of money was spent, some of it wasted, but most was spent in the United States, which means it wasn't wasted.

On the other hand, lets just look at 3 trillion dollars, even if I believed that was a real cost (which I don't) then that means Bush spent 375 Billion per year in office on the war. How much did Obama spend in his first month? 787 Billion? How quickly did we run out of money and had to start borrowing to pay for day to day operation of the government, April something or other?

But that's okay, don't worry, everytime you see something bad in the news, just grab your teddy bear and keep chanting your mantra, "It's all Bush's fault" over and over again until you feel better.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:24 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
Quote:
It's a good thing she wrote a book and made money of this hyperbolic claim... Tons and tons of credibility in someone writing a book about the cost of a war for their own monetary agenda.
You crack me up, Jon.

Just a minute ago it was "communist stance," and here you write "monetary agenda." ROTF. Thanks, Jon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies