U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-08-2009, 04:20 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
9,043 posts, read 11,597,606 times
Reputation: 1392

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
that cracks me up. barry was the trendy soup of the day, and rand still spanked his little bottom. the classics are timeless. guys like barry, well they come and go daily. he's probably the most uninteresting person I have ever seen. at least bush knew he was a joke. barry seems to be impressed with his own failure.
Barry = "soup of the day"

Classic!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-08-2009, 04:25 PM
 
Location: Philly, Philly
932 posts, read 1,523,860 times
Reputation: 331
I wonder what that woman would have to say about this issue...

Private Pool Club kicks out Minority Kids who might "Change the Complexion"

Private Pool Club Kicks Out Minority Kids Who Might "Change The Complexion" (VIDEO)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2009, 04:33 PM
 
Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,209,256 times
Reputation: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post
I wonder what that woman would have to say about this issue...

Private Pool Club kicks out Minority Kids who might "Change the Complexion"

Private Pool Club Kicks Out Minority Kids Who Might "Change The Complexion" (VIDEO)

she'd probably say the same thing that I would. "isn't huffington post run by 2 year olds?"

but if she actually reads the article, which is obviously missing a lot of information, she would be saddened that government is trying to tell a private club how to operate. that's just sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2009, 04:41 PM
 
Location: Philly, Philly
932 posts, read 1,523,860 times
Reputation: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
she'd probably say the same thing that I would. "isn't huffington post run by 2 year olds?"

but if she actually reads the article, which is obviously missing a lot of information, she would be saddened that government is trying to tell a private club how to operate. that's just sad.
Wow. You must not have watched the video. Also the camp had a contract with the pool and they cancelled the contract based on race.

Whats sad is that you careless about the racial discrimination in this story but had to post this letter from a black woman to justify something...thats just sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2009, 04:55 PM
 
Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,209,256 times
Reputation: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post
Wow. You must not have watched the video. Also the camp had a contract with the pool and they cancelled the contract based on race.

Whats sad is that you careless about the racial discrimination in this story but had to post this letter from a black woman to justify something...thats just sad.
neither of us have read the contract. I didn't post this to justify anything. I thought it was a good essay. I could care less about the racial discrimination. it's a private club. it belongs to the owner, not the community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2009, 05:00 PM
 
Location: Philly, Philly
932 posts, read 1,523,860 times
Reputation: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
neither of us have read the contract. I didn't post this to justify anything. I thought it was a good essay. I could care less about the racial discrimination. it's a private club. it belongs to the owner, not the community.
Rightttttt,

You could have said " perfect essay about the past election" but you chose to include black woman , because many GOPer's think that all black people voted for BO based on the sole fact that he was black and this was your chance to say "This one black wasn't apart of the crowd". You used race for your conveinence, but when I bring up something that should disturb all of us, that racism is still strong, you have nothing to say. Interesting. Carry on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2009, 05:03 PM
 
Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,209,256 times
Reputation: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post
Rightttttt,

You could have said " perfect essay about the past election" but you chose to include black woman , because many GOPer's think that all black people voted for BO based on the sole fact that he was black and this was your chance to say "This one black wasn't apart of the crowd". You used race for your conveinence, but when I bring up something that should disturb all of us, that racism is still strong, you have nothing to say. Interesting. Carry on.
you didn't bring up anything. you posted a link to the bluffington post, on a subject, and I destroyed it with logic. I already addressed the including of "black" in the title. it's called an attention grabbing headline. not all black people voted for BO based on the fact that he's half black. this lady sure didn't. I actually was disturbed by the video. imagine the government stepping in and telling a private business how to run. that's disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2009, 05:18 PM
 
Location: Philly, Philly
932 posts, read 1,523,860 times
Reputation: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
you didn't bring up anything. you posted a link to the bluffington post, on a subject, and I destroyed it with logic. I already addressed the including of "black" in the title. it's called an attention grabbing headline. not all black people voted for BO based on the fact that he's half black. this lady sure didn't. I actually was disturbed by the video. imagine the government stepping in and telling a private business how to run. that's disgusting.
I'm not fooled by your innuendo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2009, 05:20 PM
 
Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,209,256 times
Reputation: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post
I'm not fooled by your innuendo.
not trying to fool anyone. I am spit the facts. you can twist them as you wish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2009, 05:25 PM
 
6,745 posts, read 8,293,986 times
Reputation: 1846
Who cares if she's black. Her man didn't win. This professor calls our blacks for using the race card. She did a very good job in playing "the card" in the title of her letter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top