U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 09:25 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,212,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
how did she destroy Barry?

Her piece isnt even very interesting, except for the idea that a woman who grew up in the segregated South didnt understand the significance of a black man being elected president. And that's just kind of... more sad than anything else.

She doesnt explain her points, she just makes strange statements. There's nothing to argue with in there, it's all opinion.

I dont think this thread is in danger of being closed. No one is being racist, except for the usual baiters.
if it's not really interesting, then why is the thread getting so much attention? perhaps she has a problem because she is actually black, and from the south, and not mixed race, and from hawaii.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 09:26 AM

9,043 posts, read 11,604,429 times
Quote:
Oh, I see why this is a new thread!

July 8, 2009 - "This letter was written in November after President Obama won the election, becoming the first black to hold the office. Dr. Anne Wortham Ph.D. is an associate professor of sociology at Illinois State University. Read today by Neal Boortz on the radio."

Go get em, Neal and thefinalsay.
It's actually on anti-GOP Ron Paul blogs as well.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:27 AM

34,990 posts, read 34,764,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
correction, I did prove something. obama is as black as tiger woods is asian, and that fact eats you alive.
again, Anne Wortham keeps calling him black. She hinges her whole complaint on her supposition that he's a black American.

does that mean her piece isnt perfect after all?

Old 07-08-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
He's as black as Tiger Woods is black..See Earl Woods and Barrack Obama Sr. for clarification. No disputing that...
I suppose you can technically round up 0.5 to 1...

Oh well, he "acts" black according to his supporters.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:28 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
Quote:
Oh, I see why this is a new thread!

July 8, 2009 - "This letter was written in November after President Obama won the election, becoming the first black to hold the office. Dr. Anne Wortham Ph.D. is an associate professor of sociology at Illinois State University. Read today by Neal Boortz on the radio."

Go get em, Neal and thefinalsay.
why would I hide that? I listen to both him and clark howard from time to time and check their websites pretty frequently. isn't that a little sad that you actually tried to call me out, and spent time trying to figure this out?

34,990 posts, read 34,764,818 times
Quote:
if it's not really interesting, then why is the thread getting so much attention? perhaps she has a problem because she is actually black, and from the south, and not mixed race, and from hawaii.
perhaps that is her problem, though she doesnt seem to be aware of the important fact you point out about Obama.

this thread is getting attention from me because I dont want to get up and fix breakfast.

4,586 posts, read 4,885,804 times
Quote:
correction, I did prove something. obama is as black as tiger woods is asian, and that fact eats you alive.
Eased off the "harding" gas quickly...You really do jump from BS argument to BS argument.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:29 AM

Exploding popularity of this thread is evidence of it being IMHO.

Plus, 3 of my 5 pre-canned responses were realized. Not bad...

4,586 posts, read 4,885,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
I suppose you can technically round up 0.5 to 1...

Oh well, he "acts" black according to his supporters.
I don't need to round up. I live in America where 1 drop=whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
He's as black as Tiger Woods is black..See Earl Woods and Barrack Obama Sr. for clarification. No disputing that...
no disputing barry's white mamma. it's moot though. discuss the essay, and how this woman dismantled your savior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies