Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2009, 05:21 PM

1,506 posts, read 4,278,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by returningtonepa??? View Post
and a dumber than dirt tax
We already have one. It's called the Lottery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 05:42 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidus View Post
We already have one. It's called the Lottery.
Yep.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Sorry, I believe I did. I probably would have caught it if you used the little sarcasm guy. It has not been that long ago when I saw that special about the little girl that gained an extreme amount of weight because of her medical problem. The story was not focused on her weight but how people treated her was mentioned.

The way this OP started this thread encouraged nasty comments about people who they have no clue how they gained weight. I agree there are a lot of people that are heavy because they are sedentary but you just don’t know unless you asked them personally
"Excuse me, how did you get that fat". Oh yeah, that would go over well.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:04 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,946,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
First of all it is not "f**". It is plus sized, heavy set, full figured, obese, or overweight.
Fat is not a bad word. Accept reality. If you are fat, your butt is fat, period - no word play is going to change that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by returningtonepa??? View Post
let's follow it by an ugly tax
Yes. What we really need is an ugly tax to hook those ugly chicks up with breast implants. "You're ugly but atleast you got nice boobs!" I think it'd be good your their self image. Nice breasts easily take you from a 4 to a 7. We could call it the "Help America Stay Beautiful Tax". Don't know nor much care about ugly dudes. A discount on rope perhaps?

Last edited by mossomo; 07-08-2009 at 06:16 PM.. Reason: Bored at work

Old 07-08-2009, 06:08 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
I blame Rush Limbaugh, Denny Hastert and all those other bloated pigmen of the GOP, not to mention millions of GOP voters in the red states, which by the way, have the highest rates of obesity and diabetes. What's up with those dudes - besides their weight, blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:08 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
"Excuse me, how did you get that fat". Oh yeah, that would go over well.

You are correct, it would not go over well which is why you shouldn't jump to conclusions about all people with weight problems. There are too many that do have a medical problem of taking a medication that causes the problem.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:09 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
You are correct, it would not go over well which is why you shouldn't jump to conclusions about all people with weight problems. There are too many that do have a medical problem of taking a medication that causes the problem.
This is true. While I am not fat or obese, I definitely gained a few pounds when I went on some medication. It's been a b**ch taking it off too, being 38 doesn't help the cause.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:12 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I blame Rush Limbaugh, Denny Hastert and all those other bloated pigmen of the GOP, not to mention millions of GOP voters in the red states, which by the way, have the highest rates of obesity and diabetes. What's up with those dudes - besides their weight, blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar.

Maybe they got to close to the pigmen of the DNC like Ted Kennedy and Al "El Gordo" Gore. See how stupid this is?

Old 07-08-2009, 06:15 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,121,360 times
If (Calories_In > Calories_Spent) then {
gain_pounds();
}
esle {
lose_pounds();
}

It's not rocket science.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
For the last time, I never made assumptions. Stop being so defensive. If you choose to be fat...tax. If you have a medical reason no tax. I am not making a value judgment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies