U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 10:14 AM

16,950 posts, read 22,263,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
^^^Please provide us links to the above. From what I have read, the legal work was done "pro-bono". My short form BC was enough to get me a passport.
Applying for Hawaiian Home Lands — Department of Hawaiian Home Lands

Obama's 'birth certificate' not acceptable in Hawaii?

http://www.aim.org/guest-column/obam...certificate-i/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 10:14 AM

10,635 posts, read 16,638,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Did you read the article? It seems that you may have read the first few lines and then attributed the rest to WND. I guess Snopes is only acceptable when they say something that fits one's agenda. Right or wrong? I see that you think that the groups that say he told them he was born at Queens are all a bunch of WND spin liars also. You need to read a bit further from now on.
I did read the entire article.

UPI reported the information incorrectly initially, and it appears that is what the other people referenced.

The "Campaign Page" is a blogger, individual blogger not associated with the campaign... even though WND tries to make it appear so, and succeeded with a poster here.

Obama never said he was born at Queens Medical Center.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:15 AM

Again, directly from the Health Department, I suggest you take a read:

Born identity - Kokua Line - Starbulletin.com

Old 07-08-2009, 10:16 AM

44,924 posts, read 28,215,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
Those mud huts don't last long and I'm sure there wasn't a name on it so you have to give Barry some slack on this one.
Yeah. I was born at home in a very small village and the house I was born in was torn down over 60 years ago so I can't show anyplace like that without going to a place I do remember from when I was about 3. No wonder he can't remember those early days in Kenya.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
When will you Birthers give this a rest? You know you're crazy when even some truly right-wing crazies think you're crazy:

"Birth certificate hunters have lurched into rabid Truther (9/11 conspiracy theorists) territory. They accuse anyone who disagrees with them of being part and parcel of the grand plan to install Emperor Obama and usurp the rule of law."

-Michelle Malkin

Michael Medved describes you Birthers as "crazy, nutburger, demagogue, money-hungry, exploitative, irresponsible, filthy conservative imposters...the worst enemy of the conservative movement [that] make us look sick, troubled and not suitable for civilized company."
Could you supply complete links to those words just so we know that they weren't tongue in cheek things that lefties have lifted sentences from for use to further their agendas? I think that would prove a lot about your words since context is always important.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:20 AM

16,950 posts, read 22,263,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Again, directly from the Health Department, I suggest you take a read:

Born identity - Kokua Line - Starbulletin.com
And I suggest you read the links I posted.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
And I suggest you read the links I posted.
I did. And they don't apply to Obama. And the Department of Health CONFIRMED he was born in Hawaii.

Obama Hawaiian-born: Citizen for sure: The Swamp

Does this mean Obama was born in Hawaii?

"Yes," said Hawaii Health Department spokeswoman Janice Okubo, in both email and telephone interviews with the Tribune. "That's what Dr. Fukino is saying."

Old 07-08-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
Or WorldNetDaily is lying, or spreading previous lies.

Obama has said he was born at Kapi'olani Medical Center for Women & Children in Honolulu, Hawaii. I don't believe he's ever said anything else.
Obama also took McCain to task last summer for talking about taxing the money that employers actually pay their employees when they supply health insurance. He wasn't ever going to do that, he said. What has he been saying lately about taxing that money? Also, explain to me how taxing that is not taxing income.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:24 AM

207 posts, read 215,037 times
Quote:
It appears that Obama did indeed remember what hospital he was born in, but some media sources did not report the correct information. Obama himself did not say he was born at Queens Medical Center. UPI news misreported it, then several other people (bloggers as proof? really?) picked that up and rereported it.

*yawn*
Obamas website said he was born at Queens.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Yes, really. No, his old website did not say one place. Take a closer look past WND spinnery.

The blogger page you see is a section of the Obama campaign site where any supporter can set up their personal blog and blog about whatever they like. What WND linked is someone's personal blog, not a blog from the campaign. I could sign up there right now and report that Obama was born on the planet Mars if I wanted to.
Please report that Mars story because Mars surely isn't part of the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or