U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 11:18 AM

44,924 posts, read 28,231,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Birth Certificates are automatically sealed, as are College Records.

You cannot just call up my college and get a copy of my transcript without signed permission from me.
You see, things like that didn't exist in my younger days. My college was so proud of my Master's paper that they bound it and have copies of it in their library 52 years after I wrote it. There seems to be nothing like that from Obama even in Harvard where he has to have written an original writing for the degree they gave him. Why are they so ashamed of him? I haven't been wanting to see his grades and transcript. I want to see enrollment forms and surely they don't have to be sealed so tightly.

Yes, I know that there weren't the kind of personal bonds on things in my days at school but I don't think that we can allow this thing to go on forever and that the only way to settle it is to put out some of those papers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
For most of my life, I thought I was born in a particular city. I just recently examined my birth certificate and found out that I was born in another city. I'm sure most folks cannot remember the moment they were born so this is a non-issue. *yawn*
Do you really believe that a Constitutional requirement is a non-issue? I have to worry about so many people thinking like that just because The Man is black and already inaugurated. Violation of the Constitution is a crime. The Constitution is the most inviolate thing we have and it may well have been violated. Now who can prove that it hasn't happened. The Man, himself, and he either can't or won't.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:25 AM

965 posts, read 866,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Do you really believe that a Constitutional requirement is a non-issue? I have to worry about so many people thinking like that just because The Man is black and already inaugurated. Violation of the Constitution is a crime. The Constitution is the most inviolate thing we have and it may well have been violated. Now who can prove that it hasn't happened. The Man, himself, and he either can't or won't.
All constitutional requirements were satisfied, as certified by the clerk of the House of Representatives.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:26 AM

38,877 posts, read 20,171,745 times
Quote:
I'm sure that he has proven his citizenship to whomever oversees this stuff and I doubt that the democrats would allow a non-citizen to run as their candidate. By the way, I'm a conservative that never voted for Obama but I do think this birth certificate nonsense needs to stop.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
It says nothing of the sort. It says one has to be a natural born citizen, which also includes people born of U.S. Citizens on foreign soil.

Do you want to stay ignorant your whole life? Why is it so important for you to hold onto so much fear and hatred that you wouldn't make the effort to find out if what you're reading is really true or not before believing it as gospel? He has provided proof.

Only blind morons deny that.

Why do you willingly believe blind morons?
If what you say here is true then why did the Senate pass that resolution about McCain that Obama voted on? McCain was born to a military family in a military hospital, on the place of assignment, which was under the flag. Why did they get so excited about that when there was no need. The law has always considered those military establishments part of the US for those assigned there.

I am questioning who is the ignorant moron here since I know a bit about the Constitution and you are wanting to accept whatever fits your agenda.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:29 AM

8,640 posts, read 7,979,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Nobody knows where they were born or who there parents are..At 1 minute old, we're all sort of dependant one what someone tells us. My apologies, continue with the birther thread.

Most people know were they were born because it is something you ask even as a child.

By the way were you aware your mother was a birther?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
TRUTHERS TO THE LEFT OF ME, TRUTHERS TO THE RIGHT OF ME

Read it again - the words are there in the last 3 or 4 paragraphs before she quotes an excerpt from Berg.
The woman was talking, primarily, about the Palin - Trig story throughout the article and the other parts were used to prove her title of being surrounded by Truthers. You see one thing and I see something else. Isn't that what all arguments are based on?

87,013 posts, read 102,621,396 times
Quote:
You see, things like that didn't exist in my younger days. My college was so proud of my Master's paper that they bound it and have copies of it in their library 52 years after I wrote it. There seems to be nothing like that from Obama even in Harvard where he has to have written an original writing for the degree they gave him. Why are they so ashamed of him? I haven't been wanting to see his grades and transcript. I want to see enrollment forms and surely they don't have to be sealed so tightly.

Yes, I know that there weren't the kind of personal bonds on things in my days at school but I don't think that we can allow this thing to go on forever and that the only way to settle it is to put out some of those papers.
That is your thesis, that is SOP. But your other college records, such as your enrollment forms, your grades, your tuition payments, your address, your SS#, and the like CANNOT BE RELEASED WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION! A lot of the stuff the birthers want is not even stuff colleges keep. Obama graduated from high school as "Barack Obama". Why would he have enrolled in college under a different name? His picture in his high school yearbook has been posted here on CD a number of times.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:30 AM

30,469 posts, read 20,112,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Nobody knows where they were born or who there parents are..At 1 minute old, we're all sort of dependant one what someone tells us. My apologies, continue with the birther thread.
Well, I'm 46 and I know exactly where I was born. Hmm, I think I know of someone else about that same age. I bet he knows where he was born too. I guess the big difference here is that I only need one story to account for my natural born citizen status.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
She, as the Director of the Department of Health, has the right to verify it is in the vault, and then, to verify the authenticity of the Birth Certificate already released by Obama.
The paper he put on his website was NOT the long form and if she had looked at that form she went too far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or