Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 02:31 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,985,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverestClimb View Post
I feel better now knowing that there is one Dem that is different
It's a start.

Seriously though, most people I know don't play the race card. Not just white people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 02:31 PM

1,224 posts, read 1,283,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I believe you have graduated from the Fox News School of propaganda! Congratulations!
No, just giving the mirror image of what the other poster said.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:36 PM

28,896 posts, read 53,973,059 times
Hey, I don't like any of the right-wing nutjobs who get in front of a microphone, but I think the OP is hyperventilating if he thinks an opposing political view, vehemently expressed, is hate. My God, I though George Bush should have been wearing a dunce cap most of his tenure in the White House, but I couldn't believe some of things people said when attacking him.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:44 PM

37,054 posts, read 42,002,003 times
Thank was really interesting, thanks for posting it.

I've always known about the connection between the "talk" and the "simple minded", nobody can deny it and the "talkers" actually do understand it and use it to their advantage. Simple minded doesn't mean stupid, but it does mean SIMPLE. They only know what they know, and can't imagine anything else is relevant. That might work in their life but when you are dealing with the bigger issues nothing is simple, and that is when some people get lost. It's nicer to keep your mind on what you can understand and what has worked for you in your own life and nearly impossible to grasp that it just might not work in all situations, for all people, or that things not known or understood by you could have an impact.

I'm going to check that book out too.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:06 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,828,959 times
The rise of hate?!

This crap has been going on in this and other countries for centuries. Is this boob going to blame the "Irish need not apply" signs of 19th century Boston on Rush and Sean too?

This is exactly why more people listen to me pass wind than they do mediums like Air America.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:26 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,031,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverestClimb View Post
I feel better now knowing that there is one Dem that is different
There are a lot more than one and if you'd pay half as much attention to what a poster actually posted instead of constantly bleeting your talking points you would realize that.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:47 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,123,433 times
hate in this country seems to be increasing--just look at the really mean sarah palin,kate goesslin threads for example!

Old 07-08-2009, 06:03 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,192,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Ah, so you HAVE been to a Nazi camp! Well, you just blew your cover.
We don't have to go to a Nazi camp to understand the rise of Hitler and the Third Reich. We can study the methods that they used to desensitize people to the atrocities that they were about to commit and the atrocities that they did commit.

It all starts with identifying scapegoats, starting to blame the scapegoats for one's woes, and then finally brainwashing segments of the population to think that they are morally and ethically better than the scapegoats; that the scapegoats shouldn't even exist. Again, it starts with taking a group of people and making them "less" than you are, making them less human, less worthy of existance. Once this is accomplished, all sorts of violence and hate can be perpetrated with little regret or remorse.

Last edited by Donna7; 07-08-2009 at 06:37 PM..

Old 07-08-2009, 06:05 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,714,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
here is a short thread about the rise of trolls on C-D.

The Rise of Hate in America

No troll here.
There is way too much hate mongering in the U.S. and these people are
more than willing to dish it out.
If they insist on hating someone they could start with Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld who got us in to the quagmire in Iraq. They are behind the 9/11
cover-up, as well.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:06 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,192,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
All of which was made up by the right wing propaganda machine.
I agree. The ironic thing is that we keep hearing the term, "messiah" brought up over and over again, yet liberals are supposedly all "godless" (as coined by Ann Coulter), thus meaning, that they supposedly believe in no deity, so how could they believe in a messiah? Yeah, it doesn't make sense to me either.

But who cares, we're not looking for logic, only effect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies